R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-04-2002, 01:24 AM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

the TRF414MII kit we sell is the kit without body and tires. And as far as I know, this is the only version available here in the US for us.

Thanks

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 06:28 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Yo Steve!!! Are you taking pre-orders or have the cars come in?
Old 06-04-2002, 09:34 AM   #18
Tech Champion

Isaac,

Yes, we are taking pre-orders, the cars are coming in today, and half has already been pre-sold. We will also soon have replacement parts available online.

Thanks

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 06-04-2002, 05:03 PM   #19
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Super38
so PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL HOBBYSHOP

...thats to high tell them that
I would love to help hobby shops in the greater Toronto area too, and at the same time, I'd also like to tell them their prices are too high.

Shops seem to be doing fairly well, what with their cocky attitudes and inconsistent price quoting on products, but this could just be an isolated case that my friend and I have experienced. I'm not going to name stores.

IMO if they wanted more business they could bring down their extorsionist prices, and perhaps develop a better attitude towards their customers.

I'd love to buy here, but quite frankly, it's a frustrating experience (imo) hunting prices when it's so much cheaper overseas.

But hey, whatever, I need springs and a pinion, so i'm gonna get them here (Champs and Advanced H), so if that's gonna cost me $50 bucks, fine, I'm supporting the local guys.
Iso Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 12:02 AM   #20
Tech Champion

Hi Guys,

I would like to post my opinion on this buy from local hobby shop issue. I totally agree with supporting your local hobby shop, but only if their price is fair. I'm a local shop to a lot of southern california racers, and I want them to support me too, and I just so happen to own an online shop too. I set the prices to be what I think is fair, not extremely low so I wipe out local shops in other areas. I have the same expenses as any local shop, and I am pretty certain that I get the same price on parts and car kits, no less and no more, because there are only so many supplier in this industry.

So if a car kit seems extremely high in your area and you see it for less elsewhere, then tell them to come back down to reality and price the kit fair because now you are an educated customer. They might be able to do it, but then again, they might not. I personally believe there is an unwritten "standard" on how much % of profit you should put on car kits, and some shops want to charge more because they know the kit is new and hot in demand, and that's a perfectly valid business practice, but we just don't believe in that form of business philosophy. Most of our online customers are either too far from local hobby shops, or have local shops that does not stock the parts they need. Lower prices are not the only reason they shop with us, our online customers know we try to provide the best and quickest service we can with every single order along with our fair prices.

I know this is a rather touchy subject, and this is probably the first and last time you guys will ever see me post my comments on it Any more comments towards me, about Speed Tech R/C, or about this subject, feel free to email me directly:

[email protected]

(I don't want to take up valuable space here), Thanks for listening to my 2.5 cents guys.

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com

Last edited by SpeedTech; 06-05-2002 at 01:53 AM.
Old 06-05-2002, 05:30 AM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I have a 04-R right now and love it to death! Honestly its been my best TC to date. After having Hpi's, Yokomo's, ofna's, and a Mission still trying to get it dialed in, from box to street this thing is awesome! I cant emagine how a 414mII is like, but I surely will try to when my funds allow!
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 06:31 PM   #22
Tech Regular

My friend in HK finally got me an M2, He got it for US$255. I agree in supporting our local hobby shop, I bought my 04pro n R from them, and all the hop up parts. But it seems the price of the m2 here is way out far from that of HK, Its around 400 here.
But still I would get the hop ups from them and the parts needed, And by the way, it should be the two supporting each other! Shops won't survive without us.
Wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 08:24 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilfred
My friend in HK finally got me an M2, He got it for US$255. I agree in supporting our local hobby shop, I bought my 04pro n R from them, and all the hop up parts. But it seems the price of the m2 here is way out far from that of HK, Its around 400 here.
But still I would get the hop ups from them and the parts needed, And by the way, it should be the two supporting each other! Shops won't survive without us.
Pards,
Ang mura naman nang bili mo. Saan sa HK yan? red box ba? Yung lowest dito niyan e $280.00. Sa akin HK din (Memorial) $273.00, baka naman mali ang conversion mo...hehehe!
izzyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 08:30 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by izzyracer

Pards,
Ang mura naman nang bili mo. Saan sa HK yan? red box ba? Yung lowest dito niyan e $280.00. Sa akin HK din (Memorial) $273.00, baka naman mali ang conversion mo...hehehe!
Correction $373.00
Old 06-06-2002, 04:25 AM   #25
Tech Regular

Red box yun, I'll ask him where he bought it, taga HK kasi kaya naka mura siya.
Wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 01:59 PM   #26
Tech Adept

Default New Replica of World Champion TRF414M!!!!

Hey Guys,
Tamiya in Japan just announced that they will be releasing
a replica of New World champion TRF414M driven by Surikam!
sometimes in July. It sounds like some updated special parts
are included.

Here is a site but sorry you have to have a Japanese language option. but you can see item number 49225 and price 54800 yen.

http://www.tamiya.com/japan/products...4m_wcr_pre.htm
DoCoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 08:57 PM   #27
Tech Initiate

Iso octane,
by now you know whats happenin to our local track
THERE CLOSING!!
were doin ok because its summer but what will happen if its winter and there still close. What will we do with our electric cars,
you know that our local track rcchamp produce majority of our best drivers so if there close then canadian drivers dont stand a chance agains guys from other countries.
you know that, of all shop theyre the cheapest but still they cant survive and now there finding it hard to find guys to takeover and take care of the track.
that is what Im suggesting support the local first then if they sell
outrageously high then get it from somewhere.
besides there are other ways you can support them like practicin all the time
maybe Im just so emotional that the track I run on is closing or maybe not what do you think?
Super38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 09:13 PM   #28
Tech Initiate

Dear Steve W,
Of all online shop you are the exception. Yours have very reasonable price and I have watch it evolve since you started.
I just feel sad when businessmen owned online stores kill small racer guy business.
to me unless you race or race before you dont know what rc is all about.
so please if I have offended you Im man enough to say sorry
Old 06-06-2002, 09:15 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Default Re: New Replica of World Champion TRF414M!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jayhaya

Hey Guys,
Tamiya in Japan just announced that they will be releasing
a replica of New World champion TRF414M driven by Surikam!
sometimes in July. It sounds like some updated special parts
are included.

Here is a site but sorry you have to have a Japanese language option. but you can see item number 49225 and price 54800 yen.

http://www.tamiya.com/japan/products...4m_wcr_pre.htm
What happen to your link????
Old 06-06-2002, 09:21 PM   #30
Tech Initiate

news update!!
I think my local track manage to find a new owner and there renovating

go rcchamp go! woo hoo!!