R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-11-2004, 03:23 AM   #31
Tech Adept

who ever races a TL01 in the GT1 class will surely impress me.. even better if he can win!.. haa
mashimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 04:28 AM   #32
sty
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Hmmm.....not me.....

Quote:
Originally posted by nixaad
Yo sty! (sty is the other person who got me into this hobby)

Anyways, I witnessed it myself. The driver drove the TL 01 pretty fast. Btw, he is a good driver. I believe if u throw any car to a good driver, he/she can drive that car well.

cheers!
Hi nix,

I dont think its me who got you into this hobby, but I guess it is me, rudi and zaki who got you to get a TL 01 for our local TAC rite?

Anyway, I am a very bad driver but with lots of theory. I always believe in man and machine, if the man is good and the machine is also good, that will equals to top results. If the man is not good, given the best car in his hands and he will drive it like driving in a demolition derby. If a man is good, and the car is bad or average, the man will be able to harness the potential of the car and drive to the cars best performance.

If all the drivers that the TL 01 is competing are only of average standard but with flashing cars and the driver of the TL 01 is of real quality standard, than this will be an exciting race which the looks of all the drivers at the end of the race will be PRICELESS.

I saw how fast a TL 01 ran in our local TAC GT class race, given that the driver was pretty good and he did not even hop up all the expensive stuff inside. The run was so impressive that I was shock when he lift up the bodyshell and in it is a TL01. The look on my face was PRICELESS

sty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 09:36 AM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by mashimaro
i love you idea, but i really don't think it will work out properly unless people driving at ur club is not that good. May be instead of using a entry level car and hop it up, may be try a old but good racer to show them that you don't need the latest and the best to win!

Man... thats what i'm tryin to prove. If you really are a great driver you don't need that flashy kit. But i guest i would buy them still. I just want to see the look on their faces when they discover that they have been smoked by a $140 car with hop-ups

DRIFT RELIGION
Blackwrench™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 09:48 AM   #34
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by asw7576
Unless if you really want to impress or humiliating the other drivers

I'll be impress too

Don't really want to humiliate them. I'm just disapointed about our local dealers here in RP. they are really up to bussiness and not spreading the hobby. i have a lot of friends that are gifted drivers but they can't afford competative races. stock races are not practice regularly here.

DRIFT RELIGION
Old 10-11-2004, 10:03 AM   #35
Tech Addict

Hey sty! Note the sentence "the other person who got me into.." LOL!

yo blackwrench, TL-01 is a good car to race with be it for beginners or advance. Put in the bearings and a few important hopups like speed tune gears and jam it with a 23Turn motor (a Tmax LT will suffice ) and you're all set to kick some butt!

If you get bored with it, turn it into a drift machine.. or go off road wif it.

cheers!
nixaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 10:25 AM   #36
Tech Master

Quote:
yo blackwrench, TL-01 is a good car to race with be it for beginners or advance. Put in the bearings and a few important hopups like speed tune gears and jam it with a 23Turn motor (a Tmax LT will suffice ) and you're all set to kick some butt!

I will dude!

hey guys you think the TL's light weight body should do the trick. if the power is limited i think i should try limiting the weight i've tried the set-up that i see in Tamiya.com. the XB TL-01. and its really very helpful

DRIFT RELIGION
Old 10-11-2004, 10:37 AM   #37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackwrench™
Don't really want to humiliate them. I'm just disapointed about our local dealers here in RP. they are really up to bussiness and not spreading the hobby. i have a lot of friends that are gifted drivers but they can't afford competative races. stock races are not practice regularly here.
Visit Capitol Race track---- we have a lot of stock racing there.

I have to admit I am one stupid fellow to build a TL01 to challenge the guys at GT1 class, I have the car but did not have the time!!! Now after spending a lot I'm selling it for only 100$ Take note al the possible TAMIYA HOP UPS from screws to turnbuckles!!! I too have the notion of trying to do god orbeating the guys in GT1 class witha car like a TL01.

The TL01 is the first RC that I had, hopped it up to kingdom come and sold it ready to run very cheap----- my love for TAMIYA made me build a tamiya TL01 from the ground up!!! I think its capable, if properly set up, in beating the other cars, Provided you use the same bats/motors and ESC. I test drove mine with a blue printed drivetrain which was very hard to do and was a dream to drive.

Now I just enjoying looking at it and realizing how stupid I was to build another TL01 from the gorund up!!! That's RC Addiction!

Lemuel Pia
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 06:14 PM   #38
sty
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nixaad
[B]Hey sty! Note the sentence "the other person who got me into.." LOL!

If you say so nix.

Blackwrench, just to share with you what was hop in the TL 01 that was use in the GT class here.

1) Full blue seal bearings
2) Long arms with hardest stabilizer set(Front n rear)
3) Lightweight chassis
4) TRF threaded shocks(Not florine coated)
5) Hollow inner carbon shaft

The rest he uses stocks parts. For the gear diff, he added grease in to tighten the movement and he also uses the steel drive shaft and the 19 pinion plus the stock spur. He runs it with a Tamiya 11 turn motor and the track that he runs the car is relatively small. Hope that the above helps.
sty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 09:16 PM   #39
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to joelt

BWRENCH - LEM2 is right. Visit the Capitol Speedway Racetrack. EP stock races for newbies are regularly staged there, even for big events. Race what you brung. The organizers even allow novice racers to run either 23T or 27T stock motors, just to help minimize additional costs and make them use what they already have. . . . All for the chance of being able to experience how it is to race.

Take note that this is just for newbies though. Once you've had the chance to show others that you can win races with your TL01 (against Yokes), you'll then be asked to join the rest of the regular racers.

JOELT
joelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 09:54 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by joelt
BWRENCH - LEM2 is right. Visit the Capitol Speedway Racetrack. EP stock races for newbies are regularly staged there, even for big events. Race what you brung. The organizers even allow novice racers to run either 23T or 27T stock motors, just to help minimize additional costs and make them use what they already have. . . . All for the chance of being able to experience how it is to race.

Take note that this is just for newbies though. Once you've had the chance to show others that you can win races with your TL01 (against Yokes), you'll then be asked to join the rest of the regular racers.

JOELT
Just to add......
joelT is the guy responsible for me being in this ADDICTION!!!!

I saw his TL01 maxed out, with a yellow Nisan Skyline body (GTR) and I was hooked!!! That was almost 5 years ago!!

Tha's the reason why I got into RC and a TL01!!!

Now after several kits!! I still emulate the guy!!!

Thanks Joel! if not for you, i'm missing a lot in life!!!

Go team wackies!!!!

PS: he's also responsible why i'm in debt (joke only)
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 12:20 AM   #41
Tech Master

I know some guys that i'm really convincing to try 1/10, but their common answer to me that its really expensive. But i'm still trying to convince them to Go 1/10. Hope to see guys one day in capitol! Mostly i'm avalable weekdays. so i often race by myself. so i often record my lap times and compare it to best times in capitol.

DRIFT RELIGION

Last edited by Blackwrench™; 10-12-2004 at 12:27 AM.
Old 10-16-2004, 12:01 PM   #42
Tech Regular

Can you post some pics of this TL-01 that you built. It was my first RC car and I am still a fan! Let me know if you would part out in selling your TL-01, I could use a few of the hopups i.s. shocks and etc.
jackfast is offline   Reply With Quote