Like Tree1Likes

Reedy Sonic

Old 06-25-2012, 03:51 PM
  #346  
P6
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: il
Posts: 685
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

so with a esc that has mod setting boost/turbo should i turn the motor timing to 0 or leave it at twenty like it game with
P6 is offline  
Old 06-25-2012, 05:13 PM
  #347  
AE-Reedy
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 786
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by P6 View Post
so with a esc that has mod setting boost/turbo should i turn the motor timing to 0 or leave it at twenty like it game with
It depends on your situation. Most cases begin with the timing in the factory setting and adjust from there.
Sean Cochran is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 03:02 AM
  #348  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by S_fender View Post
Not sure, it depend on your speedo.
Last week-end i've run on a "huge" track (european style).
With my sxx v2 speedo, 4.0 soft + 4.5 sonic, i should put max motor timing (30° on the old can) and 1.5.6.3 for the speedo.

I've lost time to find the setup as i was afraid to put lots of motor timing.
But i' ve remember that x-12 have a minimum timing of 27.5° .

I know 4.0 would be best but sometime 4.5 with lot of timing have a better feeling.

Sébastien
That's a fair bit of timing and boost and punch! Must be a big track! I used to run 25 degrees timing with the sxx v2, but now a bit less with the hobbywing v3 because it's got more power
CraigM is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 12:03 AM
  #349  
P6
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: il
Posts: 685
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran View Post
It depends on your situation. Most cases begin with the timing in the factory setting and adjust from there.
the outdoor track is higher speed with a long straight and im running the brushlesshobbies 120a esc with mod settings 65c shorty lipos just not sure if i should time it at 0 and mess with the esc settings or leave the timing at 20 and work my way from their with the esc the rest of the way
P6 is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 12:11 AM
  #350  
Tech Master
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,355
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Hi guys, just bought a sonic17.5. Throughout my runs my motor came off at around 150s F. With a fan. Is that too hot or am I ok. I run no timing and my gearing is 95/51 which is 3.72
trigger is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 02:38 AM
  #351  
Tech Master
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by trigger View Post
Hi guys, just bought a sonic17.5. Throughout my runs my motor came off at around 150s F. With a fan. Is that too hot or am I ok. I run no timing and my gearing is 95/51 which is 3.72
youre fine! I average 165-175 degrees in boosted 17.5
goots is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 06:27 PM
  #352  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
valk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,097
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

where do these motors like the timing? im trying to tune my wgt with it and having some trouble figuring out rollout/timing curve for the motor. does it like mechanical timing or dynamic and where in the rpm range?
I tried tuning it with full timing through the whole range with zero bell timing, and leaving it at 20 as it comes, adding a little up top with more teeth. doesnt seem to matter what i do though, the car feels sluggish and doesnt really have the pull others do. its a smooth motor for sure. i dont get that suddent turbo jolt on the straight.

still figuring out this timing stuff. my lrp took a good while to figure out with the inserts ect.

rolling out around 70mm in all attempts.
valk is offline  
Old 06-28-2012, 04:03 PM
  #353  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northeast GA
Posts: 1,685
Default

Originally Posted by valk View Post
where do these motors like the timing? im trying to tune my wgt with it and having some trouble figuring out rollout/timing curve for the motor. does it like mechanical timing or dynamic and where in the rpm range?
I tried tuning it with full timing through the whole range with zero bell timing, and leaving it at 20 as it comes, adding a little up top with more teeth. doesnt seem to matter what i do though, the car feels sluggish and doesnt really have the pull others do. its a smooth motor for sure. i dont get that suddent turbo jolt on the straight.

still figuring out this timing stuff. my lrp took a good while to figure out with the inserts ect.

rolling out around 70mm in all attempts.
My 21.5 was sluggish out of the box. I blasted the bearings and re oiled them and kept racing. after 3 to 4 practice and race days the motor started to wake up. Now it has a lot of races on it. Temps have dropped, torque and rpm seem to have gone up, and I am extremely happy with the motor. Best of all it kept all of its smoothness. I'm running 40-42 on the endbell timing. I'm running a blinky class so I can't help with the esc boost settings. I don't have any problems keeping up with the revtech, d3, speed passion, or Novak motors in the same class. If I was in the market for another motor I would definitely go sonic again.
6376vette is offline  
Old 06-29-2012, 12:43 PM
  #354  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
R1wurks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 297
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

does anyone tried comparing lap times againts Duo 3.5 yet? just wondering...

D3.5 forum sounds like they might be a little bias.
R1wurks is offline  
Old 07-05-2012, 01:45 PM
  #355  
Tech Adept
 
Nico''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 166
Default

Hi,

do you know if there is a difference between 10,5 Reedy Sonic and 10,5 Thunder power please?

best regards,

Nico'
Nico' is offline  
Old 07-05-2012, 07:27 PM
  #356  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
narcotiks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 452
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Nico' View Post
Hi,

do you know if there is a difference between 10,5 Reedy Sonic and 10,5 Thunder power please?

best regards,

Nico'
If you read the page before there is a post with information to your question.
narcotiks is offline  
Old 07-05-2012, 10:14 PM
  #357  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sydney,Australia
Posts: 1,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 6376vette View Post
My 21.5 was sluggish out of the box. I blasted the bearings and re oiled them and kept racing. after 3 to 4 practice and race days the motor started to wake up. Now it has a lot of races on it. Temps have dropped, torque and rpm seem to have gone up, and I am extremely happy with the motor. Best of all it kept all of its smoothness. I'm running 40-42 on the endbell timing. I'm running a blinky class so I can't help with the esc boost settings. I don't have any problems keeping up with the revtech, d3, speed passion, or Novak motors in the same class. If I was in the market for another motor I would definitely go sonic again.
+1, ive just purchaced a second sonic 21.5 for my f1, been running my 1st 21.5 in blinky in tc now for about 5 mths with good results & now alot of others in the class seem to be switching to the sonic
would also agree with 6376vette it did seem to be better after 2-3 runs
Professor is offline  
Old 07-05-2012, 11:11 PM
  #358  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Monsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canberra
Posts: 131
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

+2
The 21.5 has been my first foray into the brushless scene. i used to be running 3rd, 4th and 5th and now im taking 1st constantly in qualifying and mains!

Im now a Reedy man and never going back
Monsta is offline  
Old 07-08-2012, 11:53 AM
  #359  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
Jimmy Morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,260
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by R1wurks View Post
does anyone tried comparing lap times againts Duo 3.5 yet? just wondering...

D3.5 forum sounds like they might be a little bias.
Not yet in touring car but in 2wd buggy I had as much hp down the straight as my friend with a d3.5 and more punch too. As far as laps times, single fast lap to fast lap in the main, i was .1 or so faster. I really like these motors. I know different drivers is like apples to oranges, but its the only real comparison I've done.
Jimmy Morris is offline  
Old 07-08-2012, 10:42 PM
  #360  
Tech Adept
 
Nico''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 166
Default

Hi,

do someone have compare Sonic 10,5 with Thunder power 10,5 please? ( or 13,5 sonic with Thunder power)
they look the same nut there are some little difference with the look and I guess the sensor in not exactly the same.
I have a thunder 10,5, it works pretty well, but I prefer look of Sonic, and I would like to know if it work as well with 0 timing from esc than the Thunder please?
Nico' is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.