Wiki Posts
Search

1s booster question

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 204 (100%+)
Default 1s booster question

sorry if this has been discussed prior, but search gave me nothing on this problem, thought about running 1/12th scale with the 1s lipo, so I bought a 1s booster, wired it and now I cannot program the esc, its a tekin rs, and set on 1s and blinky if that makes a difference, I was told to cut the red wire on the esc, and now I am not so sure, so any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 03-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I was using the Tekin RS pro with a TQ booster and didn't cut any wires. It worked fine for me. I'm fairly certain you will need to re-attach the red wire for it to work with the hotwire.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE
I was using the Tekin RS pro with a TQ booster and didn't cut any wires. It worked fine for me. I'm fairly certain you will need to re-attach the red wire for it to work with the hotwire.
+1 - reattach the red power wire for the receiver, and everything should work as intended. The only situation in which you'd need to pull the red wire would be if you're using an external power source to power the electronics (i.e., a receiver pack)...
Old 03-03-2014, 07:34 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oeoeo327
+1 - reattach the red power wire for the receiver, and everything should work as intended. The only situation in which you'd need to pull the red wire would be if you're using an external power source to power the electronics (i.e., a receiver pack)...
no need to ever pull the red wire with tekin, unless you are running some ancient firmware.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by oeoeo327
so with the booster wired to the battery pack, and plugged into the receiver, I still need to run with the red wire connected?? as I wanted to try that, but was worried it would burn up something in the tekin rs
Old 03-03-2014, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

The Tekin RS is designed to sense if another power source is being used for the receiver and servo and shuts off power to the receiver to make sure and not fry it.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
The Tekin RS is designed to sense if another power source is being used for the receiver and servo and shuts off power to the receiver to make sure and not fry it.
awesome thanks guys