R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-21-2004, 12:44 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by JPHRacer
Pleanty of motor can touch, and drop the V2 motor's. There is nothing special about them other then the life of them. Mod Oval is the ultimate HP class, and the only class in which motors can make or break a race, along with driver, car, setup, but motor more then any other class. There are no V2's running in oval for the reason that they just dont have that psychotic rip, that can be had from Ti's, and D5's, when built by the right person.

The V2's are fast in only one class, mod sedan, and since driver, tires, setup mean more in that class then motor, its pointless to make any opinions on what that motor does in that class.

I'm not saying that they are slow, but since all the oval winders are still running what works and whats fast, its a sure fire sign that the V2 still needs more to get the rip to compete.
HAHAHA, clearly, the point is that Orion WILL dominate most mod classes. They have already take over in off-road and touring. Once Kisbey or Putnam get some time working with Orion V2's they will start winning mod oval races. But for the time being, they are focusing on developing motors for the most popular classes.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:38 PM   #47
Tech Adept

I'm not going to comment, I was speaking from my personal experience and not from speculation. Its over anyway. Duane's Checkpoint motors will be out soon.

Mafia: unless your interested in getting dyno results for a 13+ mod motor the numbers are really useless. I havent used a dyno on a mod motor in years. Last time I tried to spin a 7 on a dyno it scared the crap out of me. 43,000 rpm on a fantom, and I had to pin it to the table to keep it from flying off. It really kills the motors too. The only dyno that matters is the track and a stopwatch.
JPHRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 02:09 PM   #48
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

HMMM more power to move a flat sheet of graphite with 4 foam tires in a circle at full speed (which once you are past 1/4 throttle you already have gone past the motor's peak power) or more power move a heavey touring car with 4wd and belts that give and alot of starting and slowing....are you guys high??? (please note I hate and despise oval racing so i might be a little biased)

Last edited by Bob Barry; 10-21-2004 at 02:17 PM.
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 02:15 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Sedans definantly work their equipment hard, just b/c the coefficient of static friction is greater when the mass is increased.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 06:52 PM   #50
Tech Adept

Hey guys it over. Just though I'd let you know.

****INFO****
For those of you who are worndering the motors are being finished up as we speak, I talked to Duane today, and was told a couple of more weeks to get it all together.

The motors will have their own size round brush that is optimised to make the most power, while still not tearing up the comm. We have been testing brush compunds for a few months now and the decisions are being made as to what stays and what go's.

The biggest adavncements are from the endbell and brush mounting system, and the brushes themself. At least for right now.

The compounds and the end results were designed and are being made to be better then anything else out on the market, round or square.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg checkpoint01.jpg (93.2 KB, 113 views)
Old 10-21-2004, 06:53 PM   #51
Tech Adept

These are from RCCA
Attached Images
File Type: jpg checkpoint02.jpg (88.4 KB, 115 views)