Best and strongest cooling fan >

Best and strongest cooling fan

Like Tree10Likes

Best and strongest cooling fan

Old 03-07-2019, 12:13 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pinkyverma View Post
If you are looking best and strongest ceiling fan then Hover is the best option for you.
You mean Hoover right?

And Hoover make vacuum cleaners don't they?

Old 03-07-2019, 12:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

nexxus I think this is what he was getting at: Hover? with DC Motor

lol

I think he might have misread this thread.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Becuase it's worth mentioning... 30mm EDF's are a thing. And for $30, you could have ~a freaking jet~ cooling your car. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/edf30-wi...assembled.html
DavidNERODease likes this.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nerobro View Post
Becuase it's worth mentioning... 30mm EDF's are a thing. And for $30, you could have ~a freaking jet~ cooling your car. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/edf30-wi...assembled.html
LOL, this would be hilarious and legal?
Old 03-07-2019, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

I believe it would be legal. I've seen no rules about fans beyond like... 30 and 40mm... so.. this is 30mm.

Honestly, unless you have a proper exhaust duct, you're not gonna get much from it.

That fan won't take more than a couple amps to run, and if you "poorly calibrated" the ESC endpoints, you could use the same signal as from your main ESC. alternativlely, hook it up to your third channel, and do some mixing. Idle at 20%, crank it to 100% anytime the throttle is something other than idle....
Old 03-07-2019, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

I believe it would be legal. I've seen no rules about fans beyond like... 30 and 40mm... so.. this is 30mm.

Honestly, unless you have a proper exhaust duct, you're not gonna get much from it.

That fan won't take more than a couple amps to run, and if you "poorly calibrated" the ESC endpoints, you could use the same signal as from your main ESC. alternativlely, hook it up to your third channel, and do some mixing. Idle at 20%, crank it to 100% anytime the throttle is something other than idle....
Old 03-07-2019, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Single no larger than 30mm fan is what the rule book states unless it has changed
Old 03-07-2019, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

I just ordered two sets of 30mm fans. Slowboat... but we'll see.

So... 13 amp fan. 14,000kv. [email protected], [email protected]

Yes, that's grams of thrust.

Last edited by Nerobro; 03-07-2019 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

6.1.13 Cooling holes: Bodies for on-road fuel-powered cars (other than touring vehicle bodies) may have up to 1/3 of the windshield cut out. Bodies used on off-road fuelpowered cars may have up to 1/2 the windshield cut out. For touring vehicle windshields, one cooling opening is permitted, limited to a maximum of 60mm in any direction.

Uh... Cooling fan downforce "can be a thing"... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

Originally Posted by -Potassium
nerobro's gunna violate the "don't make us make more rules" rule.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The best Cooling Fan delivered only sub par performance when not installed in the correct distance to the chassis.
Therefore so called Fan Shroud getting more and more popular in the industry.
They help to channel the airflow to the motor to improve the temperatures throughout the run.

I believe that the topic of Cooling should change from what is the best Fan to what ist the best combination of Cooling Fan and Fan Shroud.
Nerobro likes this.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

"any duct" :-) My little .2 watt fan cools my 21.5 quite well. But i'm looking to move up to a "watt or two" fan so it's not even warm coming off the track.

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
Single no larger than 30mm fan is what the rule book states unless it has changed
Heh. Yey, rules. In the current incarnation of the ROAR rules, they only mention one fan, but do not disallow other fans. At least, that I can find.

So... the ROAR motor cooling rule is broken. It states you're not allowed any heatsink that's not made of cast aluminum. ... I've literally never seen an cast aluminum heatsink used on a r/c car. they're all, at worst, extruded, and most seem to be fully machined. On the motor they allow a "standard" 30mm fan. But they don't define what standard is. Is a WTF fan that draws 3amps a standard fan, or the .2 amp thing I got off of amazon a standard fan?

And in ROAR there is no rule for the ESC fan. In fact, there's no rules I can find about fans......... Where did I find the two fan rule? I'll go searching for that again.

The roar rules kinda open things up to the point of ridiculousness. :-/
Old 03-28-2019, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

OK, I dare someone to mount two of these Jets in the back of their car like the Chapparal 2J.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I've always liked the WTF fans, but I just did mount up a R1 fan and it's even better. As far as ducts? Just be careful how you mount the ducting. I've seen some people mount the duct up against the motor. If there are no holes in the motor, then you deadhead the fan and it will flow zero air. I mounted a duct and found my motor came off hotter than without a duct.
silden likes this.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by glennhl View Post
OK, I dare someone to mount two of these Jets in the back of their car like the Chapparal 2J.
I feel like that might really piss people off. Also air path routing from the esc and motor to the back of the car.. would be hard.
glennhl likes this.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glennhl View Post
I've always liked the WTF fans, but I just did mount up a R1 fan and it's even better. As far as ducts? Just be careful how you mount the ducting. I've seen some people mount the duct up against the motor. If there are no holes in the motor, then you deadhead the fan and it will flow zero air. I mounted a duct and found my motor came off hotter than without a duct.
You are correct the FanShroud shouldn't be mounted against the Motor, when the motor hasn't enough openings to let the air through.
The motor temperatures sometime seem to be higher with a fan shroud. This is due to the air reaches deeper in to the can and transported out.
We tested this before releasing our own shrouds and it showed that the coils and rotor had a significant lower temperature than with the Fan only.
This bears in mind that is has been mounted correctly in the first place.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.