R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-09-2004, 06:24 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

So far they look good. Are you using photo shop imaging software to alter the pictures?
429racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 07:28 PM   #32
Tech Adept

Well that won´t be ROAR or BRCA legal, but hey guys there´s a lot of "non sanctioned" races where you can try this babe!, just remember the Suzuki Scudo form HPI..., it worked!, definitely something new, fresh and interesting to test - great work buddy
D-Drivesports
TRF_SPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 12:13 AM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Default Maybe!

I don't know if ROAR will approve them or not . You might not be able to open the hood scoops but they look fine painted black And I think I have a 50/50 chance. One problem I have is the canopy is moved down a little so if you look at it from the front the wing is a little high But I include two wings with it and once I get time to really go over all the body rules I'll put a trim line on the top of one wing . Also I'm bringing the back part of the scoop down for the 190s I'll probley have to put a little slit on each side cause I don't want it to flex.I did alter the Stratis looks Mainley because the real one looks more like a car my mom would take to church. And when I was asked to do one I saw a real one and said to myself how in the hel% (heck) am I going to make this look like a race car? That and the fact I have yet to see a RC stratis body that looks like the real thing although I thought Protoform did a nice job with both there Stratis bodies. I forgot who asked but I use Adobe2 & 6 photo shop and graphire3 penplate and some times a little Bourbon to help with the designs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imga4476.jpg (42.7 KB, 303 views)
HELLION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 02:46 AM   #34
Tech Fanatic

Default Jay and the wicked paint film!

Guy when you get as old as me the memory kind of bolts!!! If you counted my age in dog years I would be dead OK Paint films???I did a thread on this in the nitro forum . I offer paint films also known as protective films. I call them B/S films. All body makers have there plastic sent to them in sheets. The plastic (unless it's total crap) comes with that film on both sides. It's just to protect it when it's shipped and It helps you see any big scratches in it so you can adjust the mold to miss that part so when you form a body with a film you simply just remove one side of film the other side forms with the body but I prefer not to do this because the plastic heats up around 320 degrees and the whole sheet has to be heated evenley . Your Moms or wife or who ever cooks for you has a oven with two heating elements the top one is used for broiling . Frankenstein (name of one of my forming machines) has 18 heating elements some times with the film on it it wont heat evenley and you will lose some detail and I have never had a problem with getting over spray (paint) on the outside of the car so I think it's more of a sales pitch but some people like it so if it's requsted I'll be glad to do it. no extra charge like I said it comes that way. And I do use that film to wrap the bodies I ship. WELL this auta get me in trouble with other body makers there prolly not real happy with me sharing this kind of info.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:08 AM   #35
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Wink

That was some good info and don't worry about them, just keep doing what you do. Looks like you do some great work, and like I said earlier, put me on the list to get one!

- jaYBee

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 01:27 AM   #36
Tech Master

Default DA HELLION BODIES LOGO COMPETITION is NOW ON!!

DA HELLION BODIES LOGO COMPETITION is NOW ON!!

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO TO THE COMPETITION INFORMATION

mop
mop_iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 07:49 AM   #37
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default Re: oops wrong pic!

Quote:
Originally posted by HELLION
sorry about that last pic . That one is based on a 68 Camaro I'm working on
Don't even start teasin that car to me man. That is the car of all my childhood dreams and well my adult dreams as well. I want to be added to your list of people ready to buy one of your bodies. SO EMAIL ME OR PM ME WITH THE ORDERING INSTRUCTIONS...
THANKS
Stephen <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:27 AM   #38
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: oops wrong pic!

Quote:
Originally posted by shooky
Don't even start teasin that car to me man. That is the car of all my childhood dreams and well my adult dreams as well. I want to be added to your list of people ready to buy one of your bodies. SO EMAIL ME OR PM ME WITH THE ORDERING INSTRUCTIONS...
THANKS
Stephen <><
Are you talking about the Camaro? I had a 68 454 in high school ,My dad said son that car is going to get you in trouble He sure nailed that one
Old 10-14-2004, 07:57 AM   #39
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

How about a C3 Vette in 190 and 200mm??? Preferable a 80-82 Body, better aerodynamics....
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 08:27 PM   #40
Tech Fanatic

Default vette!

Hello VT Believe it or not I use to own a corvette shop in colorado And one of the first bodies I did was a corvette.I had the wind tunnel at that time but I was still learning how to use it . Testing that body I found out at that real cars aerodynamics where way different then a RC body and it seemed it took me forever to find out what works with RC bodies I thought that vette would do great but It diden't .With a little bit of work it could be a good big track car but it woulden't even look like a vette after you alterd it for a short track
Old 10-14-2004, 08:42 PM   #41
Tech Fanatic

Default D/H-2

Update!!! The D/h -2 body fell a little short in the tunnel guys. I diden't think it would change that much bringing the sides in But I lost something some where I think it was from reshaping the front fenders .It did do better then most but I want it to be even with the D/H-1 results So I'm doing a process to shrink the D/H-1 the mold should be done soon so I will let you know
Old 10-17-2004, 02:32 AM   #42
Tech Fanatic

Default D/H-2

It's a real pain doing this not to mention expensive but it worked . I made a 1/8" thick plastic mold over a D/H-1 then I have this stuff that's $100.00 a gallon that went into the mold. I have to do this in two parts because it will reach 260 degrees which melts the mold. as soon as it gets hot I put it outside to keep cool. the neat thing about this is that it shrinks so it ended up about 195. This stuff is very hard to work with as far as sanding but it came out good but now I have to cut the detail lines . Here's a picture of the two parts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imga4656.jpg (64.3 KB, 220 views)
Old 10-18-2004, 04:32 AM   #43
Tech Master

Default additional rules for DHB LOGO COMPETITION

click this link to view the additional rule

we have 9 more days to closing date... keep them coming dude...

now the competition becoming HOTTER and HOTTER....

mop
Old 10-24-2004, 02:56 AM   #44
Tech Master

Default keep it going... keep it coming!!!

3 DAYS TO GO DUDE.... U STILL HAVE CHANCE!!! DA HELLION BODIES LOGO COMPETITION will be end on 27th NOV!!!

wear you creative cap.... keep the idea flowing.... keep it crazyyy!!!!

yeah!

mop
Old 10-24-2004, 09:48 AM   #45
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Materials Question

I'd check out your website, as I'm sure this info is there, but I can't seem to get it to work. Anyway, I'm wondering what material you use to make the mold. Where I am, I have access to a vacuum former and a wind tunnel, but don't have that little first step (what to make the mold out of).

The body looks great, definitely something different. Keep up the good work.
maverickalpha is offline   Reply With Quote