R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-10-2004, 09:51 PM   #16
ajg

Yes, the peak volts drop rapidly on all cells.

Also, if I take your post (N4S) out of context (like others do to me), I could say that my batteries don't get hot after peaking them 100mah, making your statement that they should be 125 degrees wrong. Go into more detail in your posts. It'll keep people like gundam, N4S, cardboard, etc off your back.

Last edited by ajg; 10-11-2004 at 06:59 AM.
ajg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 10:35 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Cardboard

Quote:
Originally posted by ajg
I could say that my batteries don't get hot after peaking them 100mah, making your statement that they should be 125 degrees.
yay! another grammatical oddity by ajg!
Cardboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 06:58 AM   #18
ajg

Quote:
Originally posted by Cardboard
yay! another grammatical oddity by ajg!
Oh, don't go cry now (cardboard likes to complain about stuff and take it out of context). Ha.

Also, I don't need anymore replies to this thread, but carboard or gundam will probably keep it going.

Last edited by ajg; 10-11-2004 at 07:03 AM.
Old 10-11-2004, 07:11 AM   #19
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by X2
You still want them warm after charging, just not too hot. If they are warm they tend to have lower IR and more punch
THis is a VERY VERY BAD thing to do... By putting the fan on them the outter side of thye batteries will be cooler BUT the core may be over-sooked and you will not know it until it's too late. I asked this same question to to couple of BIG battery Companys in RC and they both said the same thing.

In fact I've tried charging 3300 batteries in a mini-fridge ( plugs into a car outlet ) and the performance really stunk.....
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 08:39 AM   #20
N4S
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

First off you little pin head...... I was posting to help you !!! If you want to be an ass then you will get people bashing you....Wich is the norm isnt it ? Your voltage shouldnt drop "Rapidly" It should peak , hold , and then fall slowly ...... Then the peak detect should see it depending on what your set at and end the charge. Why you charge at such a low rate is another question i have ? Your purpose is to do quick fast speed runs..... You should be charging your batts. at max rate and run them quickly after. Why you still try to argue fact is beyond me .......... retard.
N4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:08 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by ajg
Yes, the peak volts drop rapidly on all cells.

Also, if I take your post (N4S) out of context (like others do to me), I could say that my batteries don't get hot after peaking them 100mah, making your statement that they should be 125 degrees wrong. Go into more detail in your posts. It'll keep people like gundam, N4S, cardboard, etc off your back.
I'm not surprised that ajg quit TC racing (assuming that you even raced them at all). His existing knowledge is thin, and he doesn't want to learn from others on the board. Even if John Malin came on here and said he was charging his batteries incorrectly, ajg would tell him that he's wrong. So, why does ajg ask questions if he acts like he already knows all the answers??

Last edited by 071crazy; 10-11-2004 at 05:42 PM.
071crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 01:47 PM   #22
Tech Elite

This thread could've been very interesting and learning... But people tends to bash, that's a shame Stay cool, and try to make it serious.

One thing, that affect cut off temperature, is the charger used. The Eagle / Integy CDC v6 pushes the cells harder.

Could be interesint to hear what temperatures you guys are able to achieve. with my CDC v6, its' hard to stay below 60 deg. C (F140). This is at ambient temperature 26 deg C. (79F).
Old 10-11-2004, 05:32 PM   #23
ajg

Quote:
Originally posted by N4S
First off you little pin head...... I was posting to help you !!! If you want to be an ass then you will get people bashing you....Wich is the norm isnt it ? Your voltage shouldnt drop "Rapidly" It should peak , hold , and then fall slowly ...... Then the peak detect should see it depending on what your set at and end the charge. Why you charge at such a low rate is another question i have ? Your purpose is to do quick fast speed runs..... You should be charging your batts. at max rate and run them quickly after. Why you still try to argue fact is beyond me .......... retard.
Oh, poor baby. Stop crying about stuff like this and grow up.

The weird thing is, the voltage on MY cells drop rapidly, I have eye and can see it happening. Also, I do charge my cells at max rate (for my charger using a wall outlet, ac power). You didn't know the facts to argue with me, and you just got shut down.

071crazy: It doesn't look like you know anything. I never said anyone in this thread was wrong about a fully charged battery being hot after the charge (if it started with no mah). I ask becasue I can, and yes, I did know the answer to my question. I was just seeing ig people like you and gundam would have a cow over it, and you did. Your so predictable.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:41 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by ajg

I ask becasue I can, and yes, I did know the answer to my question. I was just seeing ig people like you and gundam would have a cow over it, and you did. Your so predictable.

Oh, ok.
Old 10-11-2004, 06:56 PM   #25
N4S
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ajg sent me a picture of himself as he called his only friend to tell him how fast his micro was
N4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 07:26 PM   #26
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TeamPink91

A little off topic, but when your batteries get pretty hot, isn't that caused by a high internal resistance level?
TeamPink91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 07:51 PM   #27
ajg

I can't open the pic, but you making stuff up is pretty old. It makes you look stupid.

How bout you post something useful for once, if you know anything.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:06 PM   #28
Tech Fanatic

corally91-yup, high resistance batteries get hot only during or after a discharge. they should not get hot when charging.
ajg-first off...your an idiot. second-well, thats about it.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:12 PM   #29
ajg

Quote:
Originally posted by Cardboard
ajg-first off...your an idiot. second-well, thats about it.
Wow, great comeback. You should think of one for more than 5 seconds. Oh, it probably took you 5 minutes.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:03 PM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Computers should come with breathalyzers and double digit lockouts for people like you, dimwit.