R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #706
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

What an incredible weekend of racing. This event had it all - close competition on the track, plenty of entertainment in the pit area (thanks for all of the laughs, fellow racers), and bouts with mother nature as she rained on our parade not once, but twice... Despite the evil weather, we managed to pull together and get the event in the books...

Special thanks to Al and Greg for coordinating track prep for an event of this magnitude, and to all of the volunteers that gave their time to prepare the track for this weekend. The RMT did an amazing job keeping things runnung smoothly, despite the mutiple challenges they faced - great job, guys... Last but not least, I offer thanks to all of the racers that decided to stick it out after the massive rainstorm Friday night. Considering that many racers suffered heavy losses during the storm, it was quite encouraging to see that everyone did whey could to continue once the weather was no longer a factor.

Congratulations to all of the newly crowned champions - given the caliber of competition participating in each class, you've earned that honor.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:59 PM   #707
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Results in full:

http://www.roarracing.com/results/na...ad_Results.pdf
Old 08-02-2011, 01:13 PM   #708
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohlman View Post
Looks like the only tie-breaker I got wrong was Mike/Randy in mod sedan. I'll get them swapped on the next update.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #709
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

over 350 pictures added to the site
concourse girls trophy presentation
check it out here

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=66&page=38
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #710
Suspended

Angry

Great event !!! Guys remember , if you are filming a main , follow the cars ,not the asphalt , not the bald headed guy ,and not one corner of the race track !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Filming did not live up to its potential at all this year !!!!! What's up with the zooming camera features ?????? Don't film one car and watch another car at the same time !!! Pay attention to what you are doing or you will taint the event !!!!! The organizers should require all cameramen to get a $30 filming course with final editing before any footage show up on youtube !!!
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:55 PM   #711
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
The organizers should require all cameramen to get a $30 filming course with final editing before any footage show up on youtube !!!
I knew we forgot to do something. I could just feel it.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #712
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe View Post
I knew we forgot to do something. I could just feel it.
Sarcasm there? LOL

Hats off to you and AL for the awesome facility you guys have and getting everything organized as well as you did. One of the best run ROAR races and best tracks I have been too. Its all because of the hard work you put into it before the race!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #713
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Hey Eric it was nice meeting you and to talk to you about the new REVtech line.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #714
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Sarcasm there? LOL

Hats off to you and AL for the awesome facility you guys have and getting everything organized as well as you did. One of the best run ROAR races and best tracks I have been too. Its all because of the hard work you put into it before the race!

EA
Ha! Want me to spell it out for you?

Thanks for the kind words. Lots of people put their time and effort into this facility and this event, too numerous to list for sure, but appreciated nonetheless by me, Al, and the racers who enjoy it every weekend ....except next weekend, we're taking the day off for once!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #715
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #716
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow !!! What a great time.Thanks to everyone that came and supported the NATS.To see all that competition at Jackson at the same time,that was exciting.
I want to personally thank everyone that helped us get the track ready,and supported us every week,up to the nats!!especially my buds,for your support.

Big thanks to the RMT for there tireless work,Bob,Steve,Alex,and Jim.Mike Ivy for helping. It was a pleasure meeting you guys.Great job!I'M glad alex you got a chance to wheel a car around the track.

Thanks to ROAR for letting us hold the nats.

Big thanks to E.J.Evans for his support for the last two years.

To all our long distance racers,I hope everyone got home safely.

To all of our sponsers THANKYOU for your generosity,which we were able to pass to the racers.

Big thanks to Greg Sharp for his help and support,and always trying to put the racer first.

Awesomatix USA/ Side Piece Racing / TQ Wire / CR Graphics / R1 Wurks / LRP /Jackson RC Raceway / Horsham RC Raceway/Brownies Hobbies
Al Sodano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #717
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Al, that track is dialed. I was super happy when Doherty let me take his car for a spin. It almost made me want to get a TC again...almost. lol.

Alex

Proud member of the Scale Hobby Interest Team!

www.hobbyplexraceway.com
FroBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:22 AM   #718
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow what a weekend. After Friday I thought all my stuff was gunna be wiped out. There's rust on my cars but everything fired right back up on sat mourning. The only thing I lost was a power supply and a ezup thanks to bungee cord Remick. Lol.

I just want to thank the people that everyone is forgetting about. With out these guys that the track wouldn't of been what it is today. Chris O and Freddy H spent 14 days straight building, painting and designing the track. Also big thanks to chris for getting the ball in motion for the nats.

Great race can't wait to do it again.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:39 AM   #719
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs View Post
Wow what a weekend. After Friday I thought all my stuff was gunna be wiped out. There's rust on my cars but everything fired right back up on sat mourning. The only thing I lost was a power supply and a ezup thanks to bungee cord Remick. Lol.

I just want to thank the people that everyone is forgetting about. With out these guys that the track wouldn't of been what it is today. Chris O and Freddy H spent 14 days straight building, painting and designing the track. Also big thanks to chris for getting the ball in motion for the nats.

Great race can't wait to do it again.
No problem, there's a pic of me using a hair dryer on ole rusty. Did you really think the combined weight of you and the franchise where goin to hold onto the 10x10? I mean after you guys where soaked, you barely weighted 200lbs together,LOL.
matt rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #720
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt rem View Post
No problem, there's a pic of me using a hair dryer on ole rusty. Did you really think the combined weight of you and the franchise where goin to hold onto the 10x10? I mean after you guys where soaked, you barely weighted 200lbs together,LOL.
I *think* the math equation would be closer to:

windspeed x tent(10ft by 20ft due to bungee) > two medium shirt E-town posse members
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote