R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #526
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I love spec'd motors (read:handout). maybe next time.
This is the last post ill make about that for the weekend. I'm going to worry about my car setup, lines and not blowing out. Some times slow is fast.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #527
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgePravata View Post
Ok then ROAR should have let everybody run the new locked motor and thats it. You want to use a control tire now use a control motor.
i could not Agree more...
#60 of the Original 100
If your not part of the solution
Your part of the problem !
JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #528
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

On another note,

I have been looking around for the Official Nats "DUCK" list..

Can we get a role call?

1..."Quack Quack!" Ya know who! (Larry ya gonna chime in?) hehehe..
Old 07-27-2011, 12:30 PM   #529
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC View Post
You can only agree if you are racing! Get a ticket, see you at the airport!
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:54 PM   #530
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC View Post
Tried that. Guess what. Locals and track were against it. Probably same ones complaining about ReVtech motors. But I'm sure they love the extra day if practice being removed for the first time ever.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:59 PM   #531
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Weaver View Post
Here is what i feel about this,the motors should not have been roar approved if we can not use them for the event, iam not happy had 2 of them overnighted to my house after i was told by someone from roar that we could use them for the event including the 17.5 motors.It should have been stated if they were not available 2 weeks before the event we could not use them instead of being posted on rctech that they will be approved for the event.
other than that is it time to race yet
Who from roar told you? air them out? and secondly if they were so available why do people have to get them overnighted to their homes?

Warren you are my boy and i hope you dont think i'm trying to attack you in any way. Just trying to understand the issue. My motors get shipped via ups ground from las vegas. (5-7 buiness days.)

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:11 PM   #532
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Tried that. Guess what. Locals and track were against it. Probably same ones complaining about ReVtech motors. But I'm sure they love the extra day if practice being removed for the first time ever.
The track is NOT a business, it's a club, the guys working super hard on getting it ready for this race, either using vacation or LOSING pay to make it happen, so if they didn't have the staff for an extra day of practice don't think it's a ploy to help locals.

Since you feel targeted, I'll lay it out for you, you, as in the team manager, only posted about their approval and availability here on 7/21 exactly ONE week before the nats, that's what I have an issue with, and at that time, and currently you cannot actually order one from the hobby shops you listed as they are out of stock. SO far the few that claimed to have ordered them early (if it was 2 weeks early, why the overnight shipping? hmmm) have all been affiliated with trinity or EPIC in some way.

If ROAR comes back and changes their tune to say it was all done on time by their standards, I'll be in line to buy one from John and hopefully not blow it up trying to figure out gearing..
Old 07-27-2011, 01:16 PM   #533
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
I'm happy ROAR is sticking to the Rulebook on this revtech stock/spec motor issue as I've been to too many races and felt like I had to buy the new hotness battery/motor/etc.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #534
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
The track is NOT a business, it's a club, the guys working super hard on getting it ready for this race, either using vacation or LOSING pay to make it happen, so if they didn't have the staff for an extra day of practice don't think it's a ploy to help locals.

Since you feel targeted, I'll lay it out for you, you, as in the team manager, only posted about their approval and availability here on 7/21 exactly ONE week before the nats, that's what I have an issue with, and at that time, and currently you cannot actually order one from the hobby shops you listed as they are out of stock. SO far the few that claimed to have ordered them early (if it was 2 weeks early, why the overnight shipping? hmmm) have all been affiliated with trinity or EPIC in some way.

If ROAR comes back and changes their tune to say it was all done on time by their standards, I'll be in line to buy one from John and hopefully not blow it up trying to figure out gearing..
Not worth arguing the first part. Some cant take a joke obvisously...dont like to be jabbed back I guess

I dont feel targeted at all. Just tired of sifting through the BS when its all laid out on the ROAR website. I'll be at the race regardless

I posted here because I SEEN IT ON THE ROAR WEBSITE. Maybe if you guys looked at the APPROVED list for once you would see where it was actually approved on June 27th. Period. The exact rule was posted by WW on here as to what makes them legal for the nationals. 12.4.1 under nationals guidelines for Approved products. 12.4.3 covers all products that do not undergo ROAR approval processes.

I dont work at Trinity so cant tell you exactly when they arrived. I do know when the first batch was shipped out. I also know that I personally called Brownies 2 weeks ago Monday to tell him teh motors where in and see if he wanted any. Guess what I spoke with his mom for about 20 minutes as John was on vacation and said I needed to speak with him. Trinity wanted to make sure Brownies had everything they wanted for the race. Had to wait a week (I called him back last Tuesday as soon as he returned) to see how many he wanted. If he hadnt been on Vacation he would have had them much sooner. Superior has had them for a while along with others despite what you think you know.

I wasnt going to post any of this hear as I dont want to disrupt the race anymore than it already has been in the fast few weeks. But since you attempted to call me out those are the facts....like them or not.

EA
Old 07-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #535
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
You can only agree if you are racing! Get a ticket, see you at the airport!
i would love to come to this race.. However, i am unable to due to Student loans...
#60 of the Original 100
If your not part of the solution
Your part of the problem !
JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #536
Team EAM

PS. If for some unforeseen reason they do decide to allow them I'll be the first to help anyone out that needs it with them.....All you got to do is ask

EA
Old 07-27-2011, 01:43 PM   #537
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Not worth arguing the first part. Some cant take a joke obvisously...dont like to be jabbed back I guess
"Tried that. Guess what. Locals and track were against it. Probably same ones complaining about ReVtech motors. But I'm sure they love the extra day if practice being removed for the first time ever."

Sorry I did not perceive any sarcasm in this statement. I know how hard the track crew has been working and it shouldn't be undermined even joking.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #538
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
"Tried that. Guess what. Locals and track were against it. Probably same ones complaining about ReVtech motors. But I'm sure they love the extra day if practice being removed for the first time ever."

Sorry I did not perceive any sarcasm in this statement. I know how hard the track crew has been working and it shouldn't be undermined even joking.
Let me break it down for you. "Tried that. Guess what. Locals and track were against it."Really did try the idea with using a locked spec motor for handouts.

"Probably same ones complaining about ReVtech motors. " Sarcasm

"But I'm sure they love the extra day if practice being removed for the first time ever." Sarcasm

Clear now?

Never said they didnt work their tails off......Not going to argue that at all. Like I said I'll be there tonight and going to have fun this weekend regardless of whats in my car and appreciate all the hard work each and everyone has put into it!

As Mike said earlier....This will be my last post about this. Hope to see everyone at the race and enjoying the wonder facility the Jackson crew has put together! Cant wait to see it in the Morning!

EA

Last edited by EAMotorsports; 07-27-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #539
Tech Adept

Default 2011 roar nats

will there be a live feed on this race
to slow for you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:22 PM   #540
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry P View Post
Who from roar told you? air them out? and secondly if they were so available why do people have to get them overnighted to their homes?

Warren you are my boy and i hope you dont think i'm trying to attack you in any way. Just trying to understand the issue. My motors get shipped via ups ground from las vegas. (5-7 buiness days.)

I will tel you this they were shipped out 7-11,jerry i run for fantom i missed the first order so the second batch came in yesterday and i had them shipped overnight my order was placed before the decision roar made,and as for who from roar told me it doesnt matter but it is someone that is at roar not a racer,superior hobbies had them in stock in plenty of time for people to purchase them for the nats and i am sure there was a lot of other online shops.i have a feeling there is another motor manufacturer involved in this and that is why we are being told we cant run them but you could run them in mod cant wait to practice with my motors tomorrow