Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 1:10 F1

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 12:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dan_vector
I use the Tamiya F104 Ferrari body and use the tamiya front and rear wings that come with the body kit. I run totally stock asphalt setup and have changed side and front springs but always ended up back to stock setup. I'm very happy with mine. I also have the blitz f1 shell which I'll use the serpent wings and I will probably get the serpent shell as well to try. So far so good! GREAT TO HEAR THINGS ARE GOING WELL
Originally Posted by jimjav
I am giving myself as Christmas present a F110 and i have some doubts, DONT YOU JUST LOVE SANTA

can i use F104 wings?? YOU CAN REALLY MAKE ANY WINGS FIT, PERSONALLY I USE THE WIDER FRONT WINGS THE SMALLER WIDTH ONES LEAVE THE WHEELS JUST THAT LITTLE MORE PROM TO DAMAGE AND I ALSO FIND THE WIDER ONES WORK BETTER. THE LEXAN FACTORY ONES ARE THE BEST BET BUT AGAIN THESE ARE EASILY TORN OFF.
For Ride R1 Tyres in asphalt what springs will I need, I am talking about front and side springs, as I have a lot options for central sping. NO NEED AS YET FOR THE OPTIONS SPRINGS FACTORY IS FINE WHEN YOU ARE USE TO THE CAR THEN THE SOFTER OPTION ARE THE GO CAN'T SEE A REASON FOR THE HARDS AS YET
For blinky 21.5T what is a good body? ALL BODIES DESIGNED FOR THE F104 WILL FIT I USE THE SPEED PASSION F-68 THE NEW SERPENT BODY HAS BEEN DESIGNED WITH DOWNFORCE IN MIND THE SAME AS 3 RACINGS F113 AND THE BLITZ RANGE

regards
CHEERS
WILL
Old 12-09-2013, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

received car Friday morning assemble Friday night and race Saturday morning. please excuse the body I painted it 10 min before race.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

just ordered better tires so looking for a good placing in the mains this weekend
Old 12-09-2013, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

Very nice!!
Old 12-09-2013, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

shame RC f1 racing in the UK is utterly dead ..weird considering f1 has the biggest following
Old 12-09-2013, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PurcyP
shame RC f1 racing in the UK is utterly dead ..weird considering f1 has the biggest following
F1 was dead at my track also until the new f1 started coming out. like the vbc and tamiya and serpent and the rebel f1
Old 12-09-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gearhead_22
F1 was dead at my track also until the new f1 started coming out. like the vbc and tamiya and serpent and the rebel f1
Looks great. How did the race go? Did you try much in the way of setup etc? Thoughts on the car out of the box?
Old 12-09-2013, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=gearhead_22;12797323]just ordered better tires so looking for a good placing in the mains this weekendQUOTE]

WELCOME TO SERPENT F1

What tires are on now and what are your new purchase?
Old 12-09-2013, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Looks great. How did the race go? Did you try much in the way of setup etc? Thoughts on the car out of the box?
when I got to the track sat morning I put a crappy paint job on the body and put the car out there and was smiling from ear to ear practice went great. The box setup worked great. good turn in good corner exit.

First qual I was sitting second behind a f103 with the wide front end, which now will be classed by themselves.

second qual sitting second again then all hell broke loose, the traction came up and i was traction rolling like crazy.

So before the third qual I raised the role center and went with 20,000 in the tube. car stop traction rolling but was pushing like a truck. so I removed the shims on the axles and the car was better but by then the tire i was borrowing from a friend were shot. so the third qual and the mains were shot.

I just ordered the pit tires so will try them this weekend, we have a big race then so the comp. should be heavy. will repost how is goes. but over all I love the car.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PurcyP
Not sure how things went over there...but the 200mm/185mm foam vs rubber deal...just about killed things off at our local (I race with gearhead).The original 104 on the tires that were available at the time was not very fun to drive on carpet (I had one and a 103 foam). We could not agree on a rules package and the class went from a solid 8/10 car per week class..to a once a year get together if we were lucky.

The newer chassis cars and better tire compounds are making rubber tire
f1 a viable class again.I am hoping as much as Juwan that the class takes off locally (again).
Anyway not trolling...just wanted to say I was impressed with the car. Fit and finish was very nice and it looked solid going around the track.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=DIRTMONKEY;12798776]
just ordered better tires so looking for a good placing in the mains this weekendQUOTE]

WELCOME TO SERPENT F1

What tires are on now and what are your new purchase?
on the car now are the stock Tamiya 104 tires and I ordered the pit shimizu
Old 12-10-2013, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

when I got to the track sat morning I put a crappy paint job on the body and put the car out there and was smiling from ear to ear practice went great. The box setup worked great. good turn in good corner exit.

First qual I was sitting second behind a f103 with the wide front end, which now will be classed by themselves.

second qual sitting second again then all hell broke loose, the traction came up and i was traction rolling like crazy.

So before the third qual I raised the role center and went with 20,000 in the tube. car stop traction rolling but was pushing like a truck. so I removed the shims on the axles and the car was better but by then the tire i was borrowing from a friend were shot. so the third qual and the mains were shot.

I just ordered the pit tires so will try them this weekend, we have a big race then so the comp. should be heavy. will repost how is goes. but over all I love the car.
Nice to hear the car went well staight out the box. Same experience I had actually! It is a fantastic car and I look forward to February where I'll be running mine at TITC race in Bangkok
Old 12-10-2013, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Nice to hear the car went well staight out the box. Same experience I had actually! It is a fantastic car and I look forward to February where I'll be running mine at TITC race in Bangkok
good luck
Old 12-15-2013, 12:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Gave my new F110 a run a couple of days ago and I already hate the front wing. Is there other wings like the molded plastic ones that fit this car as it seems other wings for Tamiya F1 cars wont fit the F110.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ta04evah
Gave my new F110 a run a couple of days ago and I already hate the front wing. Is there other wings like the molded plastic ones that fit this car as it seems other wings for Tamiya F1 cars wont fit the F110.

Cheers
Rob.
Tamiya F104 wings fit the F110. You need to use longer screws but they fit no problem at all. What's wrong with the Serpent front wing in particular?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.