Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 04:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Serpent S120-Link

Serpent S120 Link

http://www.serpent.com/news/12866/Sc...S120-Link.html

1/12 scale high performance pan-car
Serpent's next big entry into the emerging 1/12 scale pancar class.
Aside the original Serpent S120*T-bar car, Serpent also developed the Link version 1/12 scalke pancar and will market both types of cars !
Serpent pan-car developers Markus Mobers and Paul Ciccarello, both with over 20 years of pan car racing experience, created this new masterpiece, assisted by*Billy Easton and Michael Salven.
The S120 Link shares the innovative, strong and super-steering front end with its sister S120 T, with all set-up options as before: caster, width, height, roll-center, ackermann and toe.
The central section is a combination of elements to control the movements of the rear end perfectly .
a central main shock, based on the famous Serpent RCC technology; the shocktower enables various angles.
the laid down mono-shock, same as used in the S120T before, with through type shock-rod, and excellent dampening charateristics
2 spring loaded shaped side bars
These elements interact to create the best possible handling (roll, bump and alignment) under all grip-conditions.

The strong basis is formed by the 2.5mm thick carbon fibre chassis plate with pockets to allow 4-cell packs or 1S Lipo pack, with supports enabling a forward or backward battery position, and enough space for all the valuable electronics.

The newly designed motorpod is a beautifull combination of high quality machined alu brackets and top quality carbon fibre parts, bolted together to create an ultra stiff rear pod. The new motor-bracket allows the brushless motor to be mounted in the optimal position for car balance and offers good heat dissipation as well .

The kit includes 3 alu servo posts to select from, which enable perfectly centered mounting of any popular brand servo.

The re-designed rear diff features improved hardened D-plates and carbon shaft assembly for super smooth diff action.

The S120 Link kit includes full color instructions and full spec set-up sheet.

The new Serpent S120 Link will be shipped mid December worldwide.
# 410003 Serpent S120 Link

Team Serpent

Old 11-14-2009, 04:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So when will the WGT version be coming out?
Old 11-14-2009, 06:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Looks really good. I like it. What's the price range for the link gonna be?
Old 11-14-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Rookie

I wonder if Serpent are going to bring out a conversion kit to upgrade from the S120. Many parts seem to be common so it should be feasible and cost effective.
PeterA
Old 11-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

gotta say looks real well thought out..like how they made that rear pod w/x bracket, rather than my 5.1 tube deal..i will pick one of these up for sure ,any release date? also is there any online support/setups.....
Old 11-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
gotta say looks real well thought out..like how they made that rear pod w/x bracket, rather than my 5.1 tube deal..i will pick one of these up for sure ,any release date? also is there any online support/setups.....
Based on that CAD drawing the axle is unsupported by the lower pos so it needs an X bracket support unlike the 5.1 where the lower pod serves as a brace.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

beautiful. If I had the $$ that would be my choice for sure. I've never been a fan of T plate designs, and I prefer metric screws/bearings... Furthermore the pod is a lot less prone to bend ( very expensive on the first version...) and the diff seems to have a thrust bearing, not the stoopid cone+bearing seen on too many other cars. simply beautiful.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BullFrog
So when will the WGT version be coming out?
Looking around January, but not sure when.

Originally Posted by DHMOTORSPORTS
Looks really good. I like it. What's the price range for the link gonna be?
Some where around $250 or less street price.

Originally Posted by petera
I wonder if Serpent are going to bring out a conversion kit to upgrade from the S120. Many parts seem to be common so it should be feasible and cost effective.
PeterA
That can be looked into, The shocks, front end, ride height adjusters, turnbuckles, and body mounts are the only things that cross over.

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
Mid December for release, The car will come with a standard setup and then High Grip setup. As the car is raced by more people more setups will be available.

Originally Posted by AreCee
Based on that CAD drawing the axle is unsupported by the lower pos so it needs an X bracket support unlike the 5.1 where the lower pod serves as a brace.
The lower plate is like other link cars, I am not sure what you mean?

Paul
Old 11-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default S120 Link Car Questions

Paul,

It has been a while ............. Great job along with the rest of the group on the development of the new link car.

Although a few questions as to the Solid works Drawings.

Is the battery stops designed to be Lipo frendly????.......... it appears the stops had been developed for a 4C Nimh.

As to the anodized components, can you provide further clarification as to which items are to be anodized orange???

It does appear the front end, center shock, rear upper supports, and rear pod are all anodized orange, although as mentioned above just wanted to confirm.

And the last question, are there additional axle adjusters to raise / lower the axle included with the kit, or is that considered an option part.

Thanks in advance for your reply ............ again great job in the design it looks great!!!!!!

Alex
Old 11-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

me neither? anyway car looks FANTASTIC!! great job...well thought out...im in...and if u guys do a wgt, 100% for that as well!!!...my opinion, and thats all it is, this is the best looking 1/12 out currentlly,cant wait to build/drive her...
Old 11-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Champion

How many ride height adapters are available for the rear suspension and what is the increment between adapters?
Old 11-15-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

This was in reference to the x-brace in the rear and comparing it to the AE 12R5.1 single tube brace. I just pointed out that the rear lower pod on the S-120 doesn't extend all the way back as it does on the 5.1 therefore the X-brace stiffens up the lower axle support.

It does look nice though. I noticed that Corally has something similar too.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Looks great to me. I read somewhere that the car will be availible with standard, black or orange anodized parts. Does look great though!!
Old 11-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
How many ride height adapters are available for the rear suspension and what is the increment between adapters?
I think there are 9 axle adapters, and I believe they are .5mm different. I don't have a car yet but I will get one at some point. I think you could compare them to the IRS axle spacers for all the other cars. If someone knows for sure feel free to correct my info.

Steve
Old 11-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by corallyman
I think there are 9 axle adapters, and I believe they are .5mm different. I don't have a car yet but I will get one at some point. I think you could compare them to the IRS axle spacers for all the other cars. If someone knows for sure feel free to correct my info.

Steve
Axle adapters are indeed spaced 0.5mm apart. I believe there are 8 or 9 steps.
Std car is grey with onlt turnbucles some 3mm ID shims and the body post adjustment thingies anodised orange. All othe orange or black stuff optional.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.