R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #91
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBinks View Post
I DO!
Good to know. So you tired today? I slept till 11 am and I feel like I'm hungover.
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:12 AM   #92
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
My thoughts on your "rant"
So is F1 going to be 104 only?
I don't have a problem with it, but I think it's going to take a lot longer to get going if this is the case.
Also where do you draw the line?
If someone shows up and wants to run an Exotek 104 conversion, are you going to turn them away?
The 103 is still a very potent race car and there are still an abundance of parts available due to all the re-issues from Tamiya. I am trying to build as large a stock of parts so that these cars can run for years to come.
I also wanted to let everyone know that my online store is live at http://f1paintlab.com/zencart/
You can create an account and place orders. I am still working on populating the store, so not everything is on there yet, but feel free to check it out
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #93
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasmopar View Post
Good to know. So you tired today? I slept till 11 am and I feel like I'm hungover.
I got home at about 1:15am to bed by 1:30 once I got the car unloaded quick. Let me tell you at 5:30am I was not wanting to wake up. I am definitely a zombie today. I made my roomate drive us to work so I could nap and extra 25 min. I plan to get off work at 4pm and go to sleep when I get home.

But it was worth it for sure. Love me some midwest racing. Though next time aka Joliet, I think I will take the monday after off also. haha
www.ToledoOneEighthRacers.com
Serpent Natrix 748, Revenge .12, Desoto Racing, Futaba
JJBinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #94
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
I don't have a problem with it, but I think it's going to take a lot longer to get going if this is the case.
The idea right now is to limit this class to the 104 Stock Chasis. We have 6 or 7 people already going to order the F104x1 the instant it comes out.
If someone shows up and wants to run an Exotek 104 conversion, are you going to turn them away?
The plan is to draw the line at Tamiya hop-up parts only
The 103 is still a very potent race car and there are still an abundance of parts available due to all the re-issues from Tamiya. I am trying to build as large a stock of parts so that these cars can run for years to come.
If I am not mistaken I believe the 103 has a wider wheelbase in the rear making it a little easier to drive. Again, I believe it will be limited to the 104 so it is equal.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #95
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I also wanted to let everyone know that my online store is live at http://f1paintlab.com/zencart/
You can create an account and place orders. I am still working on populating the store, so not everything is on there yet, but feel free to check it out
Thanks for the link.

As far as getting it started we have the advantage of hardly anyone or maybe even no one localy has a F1 car right now. Our local hobby store is willing to order a bunch of kits so everyone can get one and at the same time cut us a deal on the kits since we can order so many at one time. Our idea is to protect the guys who all just made the investment in a new Tamiya F104X1 or any F104 for that matter from the "Ned" cars out there like the 103. If someone shows up with a Exotec chassis car I'm sure we would let them run but not award them points towards the championship.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:39 AM   #96
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
We would rather it not be a Exotek car, that being said a 180mm rule would be in place.

Right now last I looked it is as follows.

Rubber tire
180mm
21.5 ( silver can allowed, Now if you show up and are rocketing past people on the strait with a silver can you could be asked to change more on that later)
2S lipo
104 is what I would like to see, I am not sure if it will be more of a sporting rule.

Pretty much UF1, thus allowing someone to run UF1 if it is near us, or run in Joliet.

We told a few people about it this weekend at the midwest series event and they seemed interested in joining in at some point(mark rodney, and others)

Now for the silver cans if they are posted in the final rules for our area and you show up with one and are clearly much faster, well you could be asked to replace it, I dobut we will have any problems( tampering )

The rules are going to be clear cut and posted, I think Dasmopar will be in charge of the rules for the class.

Something will be posted here and a new thread would be started showcasing the racing, and the rules.
2011 Roar Nats 1/8th Open, 5th
2012 GLC 1/8th Open Q7 Finish 5th, 2013 GLC 1/8th Open Q4 Finish 7th
Vector03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #97
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector03cobra View Post
21.5 ( silver can allowed, Now if you show up and are rocketing past people on the strait with a silver can you could be asked to change more on that later)

Now for the silver cans if they are posted in the final rules for our area and you show up with one and are clearly much faster, well you could be asked to replace it, I dobut we will have any problems( tampering )

I saw soemone had a rule that if you had a SC can motor anyone could buy that motor from you for X amount of money. I think it was the price of a new silver can motor.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:12 PM   #98
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If someone is not already setup for foam tires rubber is much cheaper. Rubber tires could possibly last the entire season. Foam tires can chunk and also you really need access to a truer. These are just enough to drive the cost of foam racing up and make it less appealing for someone to start.

Visit my Youtube channel for HD R/C videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/DHCross1

Last edited by CR0SS; 06-06-2011 at 12:25 PM.
CR0SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #99
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR0SS View Post
If someone is not already setup for foam tires rubber is much cheaper. Rubber tires could possibly last the entire season. Foam tires can chunk and also you really need access to a truer. These are just enough to drive the cost of foam racing up and make is less appealing for someone to start.
I agree
Old 06-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #100
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Lol

Last edited by Lazer Guy; 10-02-2011 at 06:21 AM.
Lazer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:26 PM   #101
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
I understand the concept of what you guys are trying to do. I have every intention of coming down and racing, and I have a car that fits the rules. I still think it's a mistake limiting it to 104's and by the way, all the guys that are getting the X1 are buying the most expensive 104 that you can get, as it does not come with a body or wheels and tires. Even with a generous discount you will still spend close to $300 for a rolling chassis. You can run a well prepped used 103 for quite a bit less. Like I said , not fighting your rules, I have 2 compliant chassis , just been racing F1 for a long time and I have been through this before, and there is never a perfect solution
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:57 PM   #102
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ive been reading this thread a bit. What chassis can run with F104 as far as dimensions? doesnt the HPI fit? or a F103.5 conversion? I read that the HPI takes some aftermarket parts to be competitive, but wouldnt that help fit the run what u brung? IE, 180mm width, already has silver can, rubber tires, etc?

Granted, I plan on getting a F104 and its easier to go with TCS rules for compatibility...would keep the cost of people trying things going with 1 chassis type...

just throwing out there...

Last edited by RonF; 06-06-2011 at 06:07 PM.
RonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:33 PM   #103
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Guy View Post
Thank you for your replies to my "rant"

If you look at my posts on this thread, they all have the same ring to them and that is......Help get as many people as we can to race at your track.... NOW, with whatever they have.

I've been to every Saturday Elec. race you've had but I feel electric on road there needs a boost.

I race two classes because you have them.
So far I've been the only mod TC at every race, I hope there will be more guys coming for mod class, if they do, it's only because they see somebody is there running it.
If I'm still the only one running mod TC at the next race I will stop bringing it.

We are lucky to have 10 guys racing with 4 class's on Saturdays.
1 or 2 VTA TC's
1 or 2 stock TC's
I mod TC.
6 or 7 GT8e cars.

I now know that I'm looking at it from a different perspective, thats why you misunderstood almost every point I was trying to make in my "rant"
My intentions are only good ones and to help get more people coming to your track, both inside and outside.

Your thinking wow this guy just doesn't get it.
This thread is about F1 spec class racing only....I know that.

Sorry for taking up your time with my dribble.
Russ your not wasting band width or time. I want to hear all ideas from everyone. I know once we make up rules not everyone will be happy. They never are but I want to make informed rules and not just throw something together to watch it never get off the ground. My idea of what the class was going to be has changed a fair amount from info. posted in this very thread. This is what makes forums so great.

I'm really interested in making a uniform set of rules with the guys from the Gate and Leisure Hours. The idea of having a mini-midwest series in the winter has me thinking even more about the rules.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:34 PM   #104
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR0SS View Post
If someone is not already setup for foam tires rubber is much cheaper. Rubber tires could possibly last the entire season. Foam tires can chunk and also you really need access to a truer. These are just enough to drive the cost of foam racing up and make it less appealing for someone to start.
I agree this is why I keep coming back to Rubber tires!
Old 06-06-2011, 11:39 PM   #105
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I understand the concept of what you guys are trying to do. I have every intention of coming down and racing, and I have a car that fits the rules. I still think it's a mistake limiting it to 104's and by the way, all the guys that are getting the X1 are buying the most expensive 104 that you can get, as it does not come with a body or wheels and tires. Even with a generous discount you will still spend close to $300 for a rolling chassis. You can run a well prepped used 103 for quite a bit less. Like I said , not fighting your rules, I have 2 compliant chassis , just been racing F1 for a long time and I have been through this before, and there is never a perfect solution
I look at it like this. If I was going to go 1/12th scale racing I'd have 300 bucks easy in a car. Forget about TC for under 300 bucks. I doubt you could get a good enough car for VTA for 300 bucks. I'm talking cars that are good enough to win with given good drivers in all those classes. Plus the class would be open to all 104's that are 180mm wide so guys don't need to buy a X1 to start with and they can add the parts later to the car if they wanted to.

I look forward to racing with you!