R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Fastest 27t stock legal motor? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/51724-fastest-27t-stock-legal-motor.html)

EVOIIIM3 10-01-2004 06:21 PM

Fastest 27t stock legal motor?

Ok, so I started to race, my car setup keeps getting better, and my driving is getting MUCH better.

Now I want to go a little faster.

Currently I have....

P2K2 Pro

Monster

I run indoor carpet and fast asphalt outside. The car is a Tamiya EVO III.

Is there any tricks to getting my current motors going faster? I know they need brushes, and a com true. What brushes would you use?

JDXray 10-01-2004 06:22 PM

Try some Putnam brushes, gives you alot of RPM but it wears the comm faster.

You need to do some trial and error with brushes and spring setup.

Most people use red/green springs on monsters and some people use 767 brushes. I for one use the trinity 4499 or CRC.

pink pac man 10-01-2004 06:31 PM

on the monster use the standard springs with atlas mh7-079 brushes they have great torque [witch you need on carpet] and very low wear i use these on all my motor monster pro/peak hellfire/lrp fusion 9x2/reedy quad mag there the best for carpet

Nrctc3 10-01-2004 08:46 PM

Check out www.AxiomMotors.com they have the most tricked-out, wicked fast motors I've ever ran!

Yeti35 10-01-2004 10:12 PM

I've been usin Fantom Team stocks with slotted 767's and it seems to livin them up some. That is all I have been runnin in my XXXS G+. I did use some pro tuned Binary stocks but feel the Fantom Team stocks are faster. I only run asphalt for there are no carpet tracks at the moment in our area.

pink pac man 10-01-2004 10:16 PM

my friend uses fantom stock motors and they are as quik as any other motor but its top speed matches up to a monster pro...........................vary quik

EVOIIIM3 10-04-2004 08:12 AM

Originally posted by pink pac man
my friend uses fantom stock motors and they are as quik as any other motor but its top speed matches up to a monster pro...........................vary quik
Does Fantom have a web page? I have been unable to find it. What about Birdman, and some of the other tuners out there? I know they all take a base motor, and tune it to be faster.

Roberto Falcon 10-04-2004 08:33 AM

www.fantomracing.com

tamiyarcracer 10-04-2004 08:40 AM

motor tuning

I think the biggest thing to consider is how the motor is tuned, and how you gear it. A fast stock motor usually wont have torque, so you will have to run a higher gear ratio, where as a torquy stock motor usually will not have the rpm, so you can gear it lower. It seems that most people around here like the monster stock, pick your tuner. Putnam, Fantom, even Team Brood (local to Seattle) Keep in mind that when your running, you want to know if you run out of, say the brushes you use, that you can get more, or your going to be off base till you get more. So for carpet, keep in mind what Rain City has to offer. For pavement, keep in mind what Kevin has or wherever slse you race. I personally haven't been a fan of Aggressive technologies. (which kevin has) Most of the Canadians we race with love the Putnam stuff. I like what I have tried from them. I have been using the monster with red springs, and Putnam Green brushes. it is fast so you have to run a higher gearing to get the punch out of it. I was told that you can use a Putnam blue brush on the negative to keep the motor cooler, and get much more life out of it before a tear down.
Anyway thats my $2.00 worth

calstarjig90j 10-04-2004 12:59 PM

check out the latest issue of RC car action magazine. I saw an ad for trinity monster revenge stock motors in different varieties for different applications. These motors are killers on the tracks I race at.