Wiki Posts
Search

these batteries any good?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default these batteries any good?

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=983, it says there matched and are rated up to 30A. Single Cell Resistance <=5 Mili Ohm, is that good? Anyone ever tryed these
Old 09-30-2004, 07:50 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It does not say what the cells average voltage is, so I would say in general they are probably not a good racing pack. Good for bashing I bet, but their slogan is "Perfect Solution for RC Toy."

I bought some of their unmatched 3000's and they are okay batteries, they last awhile but they do not have decent voltage. Their average voltage @ 20A is 0.96v. My packs draw down immediately to 5.9v once a load is applied, stay there for maybe 20-30 seconds and then drop to 5.6v and hold that for another 350 seconds or so. Not good overall. But that is their "unmatched" pack.

Being they don't tell you the numbers, I'd avoid them for racing.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:53 AM

Go with Reedy batteries, they never let me down. I have tried many brands as well, but still going back to Reedy.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

For backyard bashing and street use that looks like one heck of a deal. If your looking for something to race however it is not that good of a deal. Besides the fact that they are not approved by any sanctioning body they are just not a high quality cell to compete with the GP and Sanyo cells. They are powerizer cells and they are cheaper in price because they are cheaper to make.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Not to sound to harsh, but it seems funny to me what some people will do sometimes to save a few dollars. Bottom line is that you don't know what quality these batteries are. Even if they are of a good quality, you don't know if they will be able to stand up to the harsh conditions that they will be exposed to in RC. They might not be able to withstand one full charge through a car.
If you are looking to save money and even considering buying these batteries, you cannot be too serious into racing or even into RC. For this reason you don't need to have the best batteries or even 3300 cells. You probably do not even have a charger that can safely or correctly charge these batteries. My recommendation is to go and buy some pre-assembled packs (2400 or 3000). These will last a long time and are ment for RC. They might cost you several dollars more but will more but they will pay for themselves in the long run (how much money can you save if you purchase the batteries you mentioned and have to replace them every 5-10 charges?).
If you want saddle packs, still buy the pre-assembled packs, take them apart and assemble them in the fashion you want or need (some of my best practice packs were bought this way!).
Old 09-30-2004, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

If you are looking to save money on batteries, don't buy the name brand batteries like Reedy and Trinity. They are WAY over priced and they suck. Find a independent matcher like Kinetix or Promatch. You can buy very good batteries for alot less than that of a name brand. Kinetix for example is selling 1.15+ v 30amp batteries for $29.99. Ron is a great guy and will help you with anything you need.