R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-18-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default LiPo Not fitting???

So I just got a Lipo battery for my sprint2sport and it is not wanting to fit on the chassis. The Lipo is a Blue 3300 2s 20c from hobbypartz.com and is not much bigger then my Nicad battery. Is there something i should be looking for? Did I buy the wrong battery? Any advise would help.
Thanks guys.
Dill004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Craig W Send a message via Skype™ to Craig W

you may have to space the top beck up
Craig W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

There is a chance it will not fit. Lipos are more square than a NiMh battery. I am not familar with your car but if it is molded for the round cells of NiMh your choice of lipos that fit will be limited. Also lipos vary quite a bit in size. The mah and C rating all effects the size of the lipos. I have also noticed the less expensive lipos also appear to be on the larger size of similar higher end batteries. It helps to know what size will fit in your car and make sure the battery is the right dimensions, almost all lipos list the LxWxH.

Visit my Youtube channel for HD R/C videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/DHCross1
CR0SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Thanks guys. Yeah the lipo is made for cars and will fit its just tight and dosent sit where it looks like it should. Its my first on road and i guess it is a whole new learning expirence.

Craig when you say space the deck up. What do you mean? I dont see any thing that looks like I can raise the upper deck up. Can you help point me in the right direction.

Thanks again guys.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:17 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Craig W Send a message via Skype™ to Craig W

I'll go see if I can find a manual for the car

I think you can space it up were the top deck mounts to the rear motor mount think you only need lift it up about 1 or 2 mm

I know 23.5mm lipo fit as we run them in our 24hr car
Craig W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #6
Tech Adept

Yeah I have the manual but HPI changed the way they wrote thier manuals instead of a step by step assembly they only cover the basics. I am looking for it too. If you find it first lwt me know if i do i will let you know so you dont keep useing your time. Thanks Craig always good to know there is help out there lol.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:05 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

On the sprint 2, the front belt will rub on a battery that is too tall. I think the magic numer for battery height is around 23mm.

I use the zippy 4000 hard case batteries in mine.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=8357
ebruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:11 PM   #8
Tech Adept

Yeah the one I bought is 25 and it fits its just tight. The front belt is not touching but close. The next battery I will be looking at smaller in width most definatly.
I found out that there were 2 nuts that were turned "funny" and were pushing the battery in a bad spot.
I am still looking into raiseing the top deck if it is possible. But ultimatly I would like to reconfigure everything and turn the battery length wise on the chassis.
Thanks for the help and advise guys.