R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-01-2004, 08:27 PM   #91
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to dasupacat

Another reason for me to go with LOSI or AE. Parts availabilty!
dasupacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 08:38 PM   #92
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yeah....

The team guys use the parts..test them..abuse them..get them refined..and if they work and it makes economic sense to produce them they do...

What's so strange about that?
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 08:39 PM   #93
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by dasupacat
Another reason for me to go with LOSI or AE. Parts availabilty!
When you run the associated you better have parts because you need to replace them because of the slop the car starts to have in it. The situation right now sucks but Ralph and RC America will get that fixed....good thing I have not replaced a part on my FK since I purchased it this summer. Ran the car weekly on a unforgiving indoor track and have not broken 1 piece. I bought a spare FK...sold some of the goodies and will have parts to last lord knows how long.
Joneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 08:42 PM   #94
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Windsorguy99
Yeah....

The team guys use the parts..test them..abuse them..get them refined..and if they work and it makes economic sense to produce them they do...

What's so strange about that?
Nothing is strange about it but I dont want to hear that they are running stuff that is available to me. If it was not for BMI, I would probably not have a thick chassis for carpet...I made my own steering extensions....maybe I will have to make my own hard arms
Old 10-01-2004, 08:43 PM   #95
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to dasupacat

I know it's kinda off-topic but who won the shootout in the Xtreme rc cars mag. TC3 or XRAY??
dasupacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 08:58 PM   #96
Tech Elite

I heard Xray won it...but I'm still waiting on my issue to confirm....

I remember hearing comments about no matter what it was the easiest to consistently drive fast...and things of that nature...
Old 10-01-2004, 09:03 PM   #97
Tech Addict

xray was the pick of the three testers in extreme.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:58 PM   #98
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I was one of the three. The T1FK was a decisive winner.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:02 PM   #99
Tech Regular

What made it soooo much better?
mtc3od is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 10:07 PM   #100
R/C Tech Founder

It was just better. Read the article!
Old 10-01-2004, 10:08 PM   #101
Tech Regular

Now you guys should test the xray car vs the tc4 and jrxs
mtc3od is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 10:20 PM   #102
Tech Addict

I have seen the TC4 in action up close and personal.........yes, its nice and if you knew how much I hate the tc3, thats saying something. They made all the mods that everyone did when they ran the car. they also added some nice new adjustments and beefed up some areas. It is still made with the same old crappy materials and sounds like a blender. I think it will be better than the tc3 right out of the box but the Xray is really good...I think they will be very close if tested. In the end, I think craftmanship makes the difference if they are close and Xray wins going awayyyyyyy.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:22 PM   #103
Tech Elite

When the manufacturers get around to producingand supplying cars I'm sure they probably will....
but the Corally guys will also want and RDX in the mix...and Yoke should have something new to throw in there too...and on..and on..and on....

If you read any of the articles you'd see that they tried to make the testing as fair and impartial as possible...*shrugs*
Old 10-02-2004, 12:12 AM   #104
R/C Tech Founder

Yea, there had to be a logical cut off for cars to be considered; there is always going to be something new on the horizon.

There were probably a few areas where we could have improved--there always are--but nobody anywhere had ever tried a shootout of this magnitude. We spent a total of 9 days at the track, and went through over $15,000 worth of equipment over the course of the test. All three of us are experienced racers, and we pushed the cars to their limits as much as possible.

Some have said that we should have used pro drivers for the test. In the right hands, though, any of these cars could (most likely) be competitive. We felt that the three of us represented a good cross section of racers out there, so our results would be more typical than if we had just gotten some factory drivers to come down and drive the cars.

As stated in the articles (which you really should all read, they are about the best critique of TC performance available) honorable mentions went to the Pro 4 in shaft cars and the 415 in belt cars. I think the 415 and Xray in particular were very close. The Pro 4 was slick but we just couldn't get it to be as consistent as the TC3.

I'd wager that two years down the road, when a fresh crop of cars is out there, like the FT TC4, JRXS, Evo V and 416 (hah!), RDX, etc., we will do it all again and it will be even better than this one was.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:19 AM   #105
Tom
Tech Regular

The only problem with the tests was that some cars ran diffs, while others ran oneways. Maybe next time you could try both diffs in each car. It was un fair that the xray had a oneway yet the losi didn't. The xray still would have won but
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote