The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Go Belts!
Old 09-30-2004, 01:03 PM   #62
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by andsetinn
Predator did shaftdrive car with saddlepacks.
It had the motor on one side in the rear and the servo on the other side with long linkage to the steering system, the batterys were in the middle.
I say if the Predator touring car had been easier to assemble and made by bigger company it would have been a hit.
and if pigs had wings they would fly!! I wish people would stop bring that car back around it was a turd and never made it !!!
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 02:40 PM   #63
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by RandyB
and if pigs had wings they would fly!! I wish people would stop bring that car back around it was a turd and never made it !!!
Drag you head out of your arse and wipe the shit from your eyes. The Predator 4wd off roader was the best 4wd off road model ever made. It makes the xxx4 gp look like a over weight crock of crap. Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 03:26 PM   #64
Tech Adept

bad choice of plastics made that car a problem to maintain...i have four myself...i love that car...i would like to try the tc3 gear conversion or see if pro 4 gears would work and maybe get a complete set of arms made out of delrin...rick you're right, the car rocks
SCHMACHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 05:06 PM   #65
Tech Adept

Lightbulb

RC America would like to set the record straight on this rumor of a shaft car. Team XRAY will be racing the standard T1FK with the optional pieces that are available to the general public. The rumor of a shaft car is simply that, a rumor with no foundation.

Ralph Burch Jr.
RC America
RC America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 05:10 PM   #66
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

World's Greatest!
Old 09-30-2004, 05:12 PM   #67
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Corey Bernardo

Ralph, have you got my emails... I was told they were forwarded to you?
Old 09-30-2004, 05:42 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
New Xray shaft drive is undobtably been tested at the moment but would only be reliesed if its faster than a T1FT, they WILL run a shaft drive at the worlds in some capacity. Rick

Settles that eh Rick?
Old 09-30-2004, 05:54 PM   #69
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by RC America
RC America would like to set the record straight on this rumor of a shaft car. Team XRAY will be racing the standard T1FK with the optional pieces that are available to the general public. The rumor of a shaft car is simply that, a rumor with no foundation.

Ralph Burch Jr.
RC America
It had to come from Ralph so everyone can believe.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 02:31 AM   #70
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by RC America

Ralph Burch Jr.
RC America
The internet power of open forum indeed very annoying sometimes
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 10:59 AM   #71
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
RandyB: Ever see one run? I did. And, at the time, it was the best car out there. Now, If you wanna discuss Touring Turds let's talk about the Street Weapon. The ONLY reason that car was successful was because it was a LOSI, so the sheep thought it had to be good. If the Predator had been a LOSI, AE, or YOKOMO design, it would still be on the market in one form or another, and it would still be winning races. Generally people who dog that car have only seen it in magazines, or on the net.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 11:48 AM   #72
Tech Regular

agree, the predator was a really good car, poor material choices, but if they have had the money to continue design the car, the predator would have been one of the the best touring cars, even today with some modifications. it had todays technology in design 10 years ago.
Its still one of the best off road cars
Hatebreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 12:55 PM   #73
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
No you got me their I never owned one or drove one just saw it in the magazines. My original post still stands "and if pigs had wings they would fly!! " Cause everyone says it would have been awsome if it had A, B, C. But it didnt so it sucked!
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 01:27 PM   #74
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Anyone have pics of this car. It's not one I've heard of. I had a long break from racing from the mid 90's until '02 and must have missed this car.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 01:28 PM   #75
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
No you got me their I never owned one or drove one just saw it in the magazines. My original post still stands "and if pigs had wings they would fly!! " Cause everyone says it would have been awsome if it had A, B, C. But it didnt so it sucked!
Actually it won quite a few races overseas, and a race or two here. If Tenth Tech could've fielded a serious race team, with PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS like Losi, AE and Yokomo do, you'd have seen that it certainly didn't suck. Kinwald drove ONE race (FL WinterChamps) with the Off-Road car, and won easily with it. Saying a car sucks when you have NO first hand knowledge is rather ignorant.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote