R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-28-2004, 06:28 AM   #16
Tech Adept

If XRAY does produce a shaft drive, it needs to be radically diff to other shafts out there with some real innovations, otherwise it's just jumping on the bandwagon n hoping to cash in on it!
mashimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 06:32 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re:

Hi,

Quote:
If XRAY does produce a shaft drive, it needs to be radically diff to other shafts out there with some real innovations, otherwise it's just jumping on the bandwagon n hoping to cash in on it!
Why should it be radically different?

Looks like the TC4 is an evo of the TC3, and still a lot of people will sell their TC3 to have a TC4

Thomas
840918001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 06:36 AM   #18
Tech Adept

Well, if it's not radical, then is it still worthy of the XRAY name? I mean T1, M18 and XB8 are all radical in their racing class and that's what makes the XRAY unique. All the people who's gonna shell out more for an TC4 will not necessary go faster with it when compared to their TC3, it's all just clever marketing really.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:49 AM   #19
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200

Quote:
Originally posted by nnick

PS:
Are you Greek living in UK?
Not at all, my best friend is greek and he came back to athens last year after he finished his studies. I was there last week, I'm missing the great food (suvlaki are great), great weather and my friend also...
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 06:50 AM   #20
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200

Quote:
Originally posted by mashimaro
Well, if it's not radical, then is it still worthy of the XRAY name? I mean T1, M18 and XB8 are all radical in their racing class and that's what makes the XRAY unique. All the people who's gonna shell out more for an TC4 will not necessary go faster with it when compared to their TC3, it's all just clever marketing really.
I don't see anything radical in the T1... In fact it's the most conventional touring still on the market.
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 06:50 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re:

Hi,

Quote:
All the people who's gonna shell out more for an TC4 will not necessary go faster with it when compared to their TC3, it's all just clever marketing really.
You're right. They make you feel like you need that new chassis to compete with other drivers, but for 80% of the folks out there and racing, a new chassis isn't nesacery.

Quote:
Well, if it's not radical, then is it still worthy of the XRAY name? I mean T1, M18 and XB8 are all radical in their racing class and that's what makes the XRAY unique.
I like the T1 FK a lot, and I think it's the best car I have owned, but it's not groundbraking.
The firts T1, was based on the Corally C4 and the TRF 414. Then came the T1 FOC/ Evo 2, that was a evo on the T1.
Now we have the T1 FK wich is a very nice car, but it's more an evo on the older X-ray TC's then a revolutionary new designed TC.

I think X-ray is different from other brands by offering such a great quality that the cars doesn't have to be radically different.

Thomas
840918001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 08:05 AM   #22
Tech Adept

My bad guys, the T1 is not radical other than the amount of suspenion adjustments available.
However, the XB8 and the M18 are certainly considered something different.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:45 AM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Corey Bernardo

Its absolutely amazing how some people in the R/C community, just are so clueless... Dont mean to be harsh, but can only take so much extrodinary ideas on how people base their facts.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:01 AM   #24
Tech Regular

They've just brung out the xray fk and it's out of stock nearly everywhere in the US (so people say) so it shows it's still in demand so why change to shaft when the current product is selling

Chazz
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 09:19 AM   #25
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Chazz
They've just brung out the xray fk and it's out of stock nearly everywhere in the US (so people say) so it shows it's still in demand so why change to shaft when the current product is selling

Chazz
To make more money...
Liam_Davies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 11:14 AM   #26
Tech Regular

Why couldn't you put the motor and battery down the middle. Isnt it possible to run the shaft a cm higher than normal. Or, if the new losi car ends up working well with the off set diffs, why cant you run a shaft half way down one side and half way down the other. There is no reason why they shouldn't try to make a better car. And why not try shaft. They have their spring steel which I think would look pretty bad as$ as a center or offset shafts.
mtc3od is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:06 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by mtc3od
Why couldn't you put the motor and battery down the middle. Isnt it possible to run the shaft a cm higher than normal. Or, if the new losi car ends up working well with the off set diffs, why cant you run a shaft half way down one side and half way down the other. There is no reason why they shouldn't try to make a better car. And why not try shaft. They have their spring steel which I think would look pretty bad as$ as a center or offset shafts.
If the shaft drive concept were actually superior in ANY WAY to a properly designed belt drive system then the Juraj at X-Ray might look into it. But since shaft drive hasn't actually displayed the superiority all the TC3 drivers claim it has, it wouldn't be logical to produce the car.

X-Ray is all about raising the bar on quality, craftsmanship and performance. Why does the world need another TC3 clone (aside from the obvious need for higher quality craftmanship and materials)? HPI already did it right with the Pro 4.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:10 PM   #28
Tech Regular

Cypress......Your last post had nothing to do with mine.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:45 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by mtc3od
Cypress......Your last post had nothing to do with mine.
Actually it was directed at the "There is no reason why they shouldn't try to make a better car" portion of your post. I probably should have deleted the rest. The point is that no matter how you build shaft drive, it is in no way better than a properly designed belt drive. X-Ray is constantly improving their products. The cool thing is, the first car was so good, everything is evolutionary, and therefore compatible so customers aren't required to buy an entire kit every season.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 02:04 PM   #30
Tech Regular

Cypress...

So how long ago did any one have to buy a new tc3. Five year old car and it still is fairly dominant. Not as dominant as it used to be but still is. Hara has won almost every race this year with a shaft drive. Not trying to argue the shaft/ belt debate but you stating that a shaft cannot beat a properly built belt is not true.
Predictions for worlds:
Shaft.....1 Hara or Baker
Shaft.....2 Hara or Baker
belt.......3 Hodapp, Shurikarn, possibly Francis with the new losi.