Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Old 11-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Answer: any wall hits at speeds over 18mph should break an arm..... F104's, Nikko etc, Mantix, will break as well !!!!
Not with my F104. We've traction rolled and crashed F104 at more than 30mph without major problem, except for dented or poppedfront upper arm at times.

And, I am curious to know, where did you get that number "18" mph from? Care to show us your theory and scentific formula? You actually work for crash test dummies?

Old 11-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

I remembered only breaking an axle in my Nikko when an 8scale hit me from the rear. If the fgx can survive that , that's good enough for me ! An F104 would have needed the whole rear end replace from such a hit: thank god I had a Nikko... Still no apology from brother Marcus...
Old 11-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Tech Champion

What car doesn't need setup work ? I was talking about the medical facts , that you guys have been ignoring, and the stuff I have learned in my DMV booklet about peripheral vision limitations of other drivers. It's an inconvenient truth, but no one wants to man up and say it ! As for the 18mph, I realized that most of my rc cars would either tweak or break something at about that speed...
Old 11-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

I remembered only breaking an axle in my Nikko when an 8scale hit me from the rear. If the fgx can survive that , that's good enough for me ! An F104 would have needed the whole rear end replace from such a hit: thank god I had a Nikko... Still no apology from brother Marcus...
You should apologize to all Chinese for your racist comment.

Is the 8scale driving at 18mph?

We never had much catastrophic failure on our F104s when we crash, even from behind.

Just some example for you (and yes, they are more than 18mph):
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Seriously, you should stick to your Nikko. I think FGX might be too fast for you.

Try to keep it under 18mph, alright? I don't think you can handle anything more than that.

Old 11-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What car doesn't need setup work ? I was talking about the medical facts , that you guys have been ignoring, and the stuff I have learned in my DMV booklet about peripheral vision limitations of other drivers. It's an inconvenient truth, but no one wants to man up and say it ! As for the 18mph, I realized that most of my rc cars would either tweak or break something at about that speed...
Go back and look at post #510, and follow the link... you might learn some medical facts. Then again, I bet your also the sort of person who will blindy (geddit ) believe whatever they want to believe...

The hit that broke my cars upper arm was not fast, but admitadly wasn't slow either...it might even have been 18mph () but I've still had bigger front end hits with a 104, and never had a problem.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

My goodness, first the trolling, then the racism, and then the Nikko and now DMV and pheripheral vision?

You fail to understand when the expert drives, he doesn't stare at the car. Expert has a wider viewpoint and is usually looking ahead of the car as he drives. Your "arguments" pretty much sum up who you're: noob with no idea about racing.

When are you going to related back to the FGX topic? Are you going to bring out NASA's explanation on air pressure and material strength next time?

All talk, no go.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Tech Champion

These cars are way slower than my Nikko with a trinity monster stock motor. They go as fast as the silver can nikkos... Guys come on !!!!
Old 11-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs down

These cars are way slower than my Nikko with a trinity monster stock motor. They go as fast as the silver can nikkos... Guys come on !!!!
Got video to proove?

Still all talk no show?
Old 11-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Tech Champion

Did you guys ever try to squint your eyes down to the same size openings as an Asian man , and try to look at a fast moving object ???? You won't see a thing , and you will see less of the track than if you had your eyes wide open ! No race issue here, just physics....
Old 11-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Anyway back to FGX please
I havent run it yet as our race was just rained out. I have a f104 pro so i am keen to see the difference. The build i found fine ,parts seem good i have seen the fgx run and they look to be a good thing on track. Negatives i found so far are the shocks leaked and the wheel nuts were not square so it was skewing the wheel when tightened( first time i have ever seen this). The shock orings are a clear silicone type deal and i replaced them with ascociated RC18b shock orings which fit (so far so good)time will tell. With the front arms i glued some carbon rod under the thin part as insurance , hope it helps ? I will give a full opinion after a race .Overall i like the look and finish of the kit
3 racing new F1-img_0142%5B1%5D.jpg

3 racing new F1-img_0143%5B1%5D.jpg
Old 11-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Tech Master

Talking

Did you guys ever try to squint your eyes down to the same size openings as an Asian man , and try to look at a fast moving object ???? You won't see a thing , and you will see less of the track than if you had your eyes wide open ! No race issue here, just physics....
What a joke. Atsushi Hara and Masami Hirosaka just defied your physics.

You FAIL!
Old 11-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ace955
I havent run it yet as our race was just rained out. I have a f104 pro so i am keen to see the difference. The build i found fine ,parts seem good i have seen the fgx run and they look to be a good thing on track. Negatives i found so far are the shocks leaked and the wheel nuts were not square so it was skewing the wheel when tightened( first time i have ever seen this). The shock orings are a clear silicone type deal and i replaced them with ascociated RC18b shock orings which fit (so far so good)time will tell. With the front arms i glued some carbon rod under the thin part as insurance , hope it helps ? I will give a full opinion after a race .Overall i like the look and finish of the kit
Attachment 831070

Attachment 831072
Good looking ride.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Tech Champion

My nikko with a monster stock at 5.0fdr was as fast as a 10t brushed touring car. If you calculate the speed of a 30000rpm motor at 5.0fdr with 65mm tires you will get 45+mph.... No silver can goes that fast.....The Nikko electronics held up about six months....
Old 11-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Tech Champion

Oh man... you are seriously, seriously, trying to justify your comments based on a one time at band camp experience of screwing your face up?

Really, stop now, I need to pick myself up off the floor I'm laughing so hard at you...you really do have no clue! :LOL:
Old 11-07-2011, 11:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ace955
Attachment 831070

Attachment 831072
does look nice... matching paint work

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.