Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Old 11-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tqrcracing, any news on the new FGX shipments ???
Old 11-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Its just my excel spreadsheet. If you want a copy, PM your email address. It also works when imported to any program that accepts .xml format. Took about an hour or two to create.
Originally Posted by MaxSp97
If you use GearIt app on your iPhone or iPad.
Open the app.
Select: Add car
Car Name : 3Racing FGX
Transmission Ratio: 2.71
Select: Save

Hope this help
Thanks!
Is there a "GearIt" app for the android phones?
Old 11-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Tqrcracing, any news on the new FGX shipments ???
We just emailed to whom pre-ordered FGX kit from us.

There is the shipping & custom delay, it will take 1 or 2 days more.

Sorry about the delay.

We will let you guys know, as soon as it's ready to ship.

Thanks.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tudor_47
Thanks!
Is there a "GearIt" app for the android phones?
There's one from NorCal Hobbies
Old 11-03-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
There's one from NorCal Hobbies
Thanks ; I found: RC Setup

Ok enough of the OT Back to FGX talk..
Old 11-03-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spring71
We just emailed to whom pre-ordered FGX kit from us.

There is the shipping & custom delay, it will take 1 or 2 days more.

Sorry about the delay.

We will let you guys know, as soon as it's ready to ship.

Thanks.
Got it, thank you! I don't care if mine is late, but I like to know why and you've done a great job of customer service in that arena.

Thank you!

John
Old 11-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Got it, thank you! I don't care if mine is late, but I like to know why and you've done a great job of customer service in that arena.

Thank you!

John
Thanks for your understanding.

We had never had the delay on shipping, that's why we decided to accept the pre orders. We really apologize for that.

I'll post here as soon as it's ready to ship.

Thanks.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well, I heard back from the folks in China who make/sell the Formula Rabbit concerning the issue of front vs rear width. They said that the FGX has two major weaknesses. (1) The front suspension arms break too easily, and (2) the motor mount position limits the gear ratio choices. So, they set out to fix those problems with the Formula Rabbit conversion. For the front it uses either F104 or F103 front suspension, which is more durable than the stock FGX front suspension.(3Racing needs to read this and come out with an optional front suspension set that is more durable)!! For the gear ratio situation, the motor is mounted/positioned so that you have a better gear ratio range; which is another thing that I have noticed that some are concerned about.

As to the question of front vs rear width, they say that the small difference between the two is barely noticeable with the body mounted. They say that the Formula Rabbit was designed to make the FGX more raceworthy, and that the minor difference front to rear in width is inconsequential. Maybe the suggestion posted by TryHard with regards to using Ride wheels in the front is the way to go, as that would likely result in the car being 190mm wide front and rear. Not sure, so someone out there has to be the guinea pig and try it and report back here.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks for the information, can only agree with the general weakness of the front suspension.

A workaround am currently trying is 1.5mm carbon fibre tubing ca'd to the underside of the thinner top arm. Appears to be working, but have noticed the FGX is now front wheel lifting (running three wheels) through medium to tight corners (asphalt/med grip).

Did they give you any idea of costs of the kit?

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
Well, I heard back from the folks in China who make/sell the Formula Rabbit concerning the issue of front vs rear width. They said that the FGX has two major weaknesses. (1) The front suspension arms break too easily, and (2) the motor mount position limits the gear ratio choices. So, they set out to fix those problems with the Formula Rabbit conversion. For the front it uses either F104 or F103 front suspension, which is more durable than the stock FGX front suspension.(3Racing needs to read this and come out with an optional front suspension set that is more durable)!! For the gear ratio situation, the motor is mounted/positioned so that you have a better gear ratio range; which is another thing that I have noticed that some are concerned about.

As to the question of front vs rear width, they say that the small difference between the two is barely noticeable with the body mounted. They say that the Formula Rabbit was designed to make the FGX more raceworthy, and that the minor difference front to rear in width is inconsequential. Maybe the suggestion posted by TryHard with regards to using Ride wheels in the front is the way to go, as that would likely result in the car being 190mm wide front and rear. Not sure, so someone out there has to be the guinea pig and try it and report back here.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:29 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone tried to fit an F104 body on that car?
Old 11-04-2011, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mingnon
Thanks for the information, can only agree with the general weakness of the front suspension.

A workaround am currently trying is 1.5mm carbon fibre tubing ca'd to the underside of the thinner top arm. Appears to be working, but have noticed the FGX is now front wheel lifting (running three wheels) through medium to tight corners (asphalt/med grip).

Did they give you any idea of costs of the kit?
if it lifts the front wheel you need to stiffen the rear a bit more. Preferably with an antiroll bar.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oortael
Are you referring to putting it on the FGX? I lined up my F104 and Ferrari F60 bodies against the chassis and it seems to line up pretty well, albeit my electronics are rather low profile since I decided to put in a Velineon 380 + VXL-3m esc, which is pretty flush and doesn't protrude off the side of the chassis. You will have to cut the bottom flaps off the side of the body near the suspension arms, and also relocate the suspension arm openings. I suggest working with a new body because I pretty much had to butcher my used F104 Pro body to align.
FGX wheelbase is the same as 104 so scale wise the body fits fine. shock pistons may cause the body to sit a little higher, but the body is moulded up where the motor would be, so shouldn't be an issue..
Old 11-04-2011, 09:52 AM
AI
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Oortael
I use F104 body and front wing, but normal FGX is longer than F104
Old 11-04-2011, 11:04 AM
AI
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
Width problem and different:

FGX is F188/R190, F103 is F/R200, F104 is F/R 180, by 3racing and tamiya website

formula rabbit's rear is same FGX R190mm, my car wheel base use F103/F109 is 270mm same with normal F104, use F104 is 272mm

I use F104 rear rubber tire on FGX normal rear rim with special adapter ring to fit the tire, rear is 190mm, my front tire is F104 front rubber tire with F104 rim.

I try the F104/F103/3 racing F109 front suspension set with all same setting to test the car and front suspension different. sorry I don't try normal FGX front suspension, my friend use it to repair his car.

width: on F103/F109 sus is F200/R190, on F104 sus is F180/R190

F103 carbon sus: in 3 type sus, F103 is most easy to control, you can easy get a good average laptime and save your tire's grip, I think is best choice for china F1 race's final round, it's a long time final. In China F1 race, final main A always is 15 or 30min. But a lot of people say it look too understreering.

F109 sus: I can adjust caster and camber and it is not a full fix arm same with F104 sus, it is look good than F103, I try it with -1 camber and stand caster. It is more streering than F103 and a little difficult to control in high speed corner. It is understreering than F104 sus and overstreering than F103 sus. If have more time try different setting to find good setting, I thinks is good choice in most of the time.

F104 sus: I try it with stand setting and -1 camber. It is most streering and corner speed in 3 type sus, in high speed corner is too difficult to control. Easy to make best laptime but difficult get average. I think in compact track and short race it is good, in long race I think it is not a good choice

Next I will try F103GT sus, it is look like F109...

Last edited by AI; 11-04-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

The rear spring set isn't in stock anywhere yet. Anyone know if any other springs fit these little shocks?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.