Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Old 12-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boba300cpt
Just noticed 3Racing has finally put the new F113 info on their website, it looks
quite interesting !
Question is though , will it be the usual 3 Racing fare ?? By this, I mean that end users do the beta testing, and pay for the privilege ??

The new double wishbone setup is fragile. I stripped two eccentric ballstud mounts in two runs last Friday night. Not happy at all, the first one was a reasonable whack, but the second was was very light.......
Seriously running out of patience with this car..... Off to see whether I can beef up the mounting point.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Default F-68 SPEEDPASSION ON FGX & EXOTEC

Well here they are cut and on both versions, left clear for pics. Not an exact fit, it seems to be fitted mainly for the f-104's with the FGX in mind, advertised to fit both, yes, but plan your cut, in the end it looks alright
Attached Thumbnails 3 racing new F1-p1010358.jpg   3 racing new F1-p1010360.jpg   3 racing new F1-p1010355.jpg   3 racing new F1-p1010363.jpg   3 racing new F1-p1010364.jpg  

Old 12-16-2012, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Default NEXT YEARS F-1 SERIES CAR

We are as well going with team championships with our F-1 series next season, it is encouraged to go the team way but we mixed it up abit with the LOTUS TEAM COLOURS IN MIND, the teams championship name is T3AM THR33 a play on words you could say, team shirt also printed up just to keep to the theme
Attached Thumbnails 3 racing new F1-p1010351.jpg   3 racing new F1-p1010352.jpg   3 racing new F1-p1010353.jpg   3 racing new F1-p1010366.jpg   3 racing new F1-p1010367.jpg  

Old 12-18-2012, 01:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have just picked up an FGX and an Exoteck chassis.

I have also the 3racing alloy bulkhead/motor mount set.

The bulkheads don't fit to the Exoteck top chassis nice, bolt holes don't line up exact. I am sure I'm not the only person who has come across this. I have seen someone else at our track make up a small piece of carbon to make it fit.

My question is, what has everybody else done?

Thanks
Old 12-18-2012, 02:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chrisk
I have just picked up an FGX and an Exoteck chassis.

I have also the 3racing alloy bulkhead/motor mount set.

The bulkheads don't fit to the Exoteck top chassis nice, bolt holes don't line up exact. I am sure I'm not the only person who has come across this. I have seen someone else at our track make up a small piece of carbon to make it fit.

My question is, what has everybody else done?

Thanks
In my honest opinion it is a bling thing really, it may of stiffened the rear end on the stock but with the EXOTEC not as much. I have just gone the top bulkhead piece upgrade part # FGX-302/PK

Every ali part makes alittle more weight and weight is our nemisis with the FGX F-1.

There are a few on here that have done it you just need to find it unfortunatly , unless someone can point out the page for ya.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:13 AM
Tech Champion

I went with the aluminum rear bulkheads because the plastic ones were having alignment issues. Also with some modification the aluminum bulkheads can have some anti-squat in them. But to be honest I'm strongly considering going back to the plastic ones and trying to fiddle with the alignment. I like how the stock motor mount fits better. What I would really like are aluminum rear bulkheads that are direct replacements for the stock ones and still use the stock motor mount.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I went with the aluminum rear bulkheads because the plastic ones were having alignment issues. Also with some modification the aluminum bulkheads can have some anti-squat in them. But to be honest I'm strongly considering going back to the plastic ones and trying to fiddle with the alignment. I like how the stock motor mount fits better. What I would really like are aluminum rear bulkheads that are direct replacements for the stock ones and still use the stock motor mount.
+1
Old 12-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Well I just sent an e-mail to Mike on the bulkheads...hopefully there will be enough interest in the product to make it worth making.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Tech Adept

They need to work on shoring up the weak lower mount for the lower a-arms on the IFS cars.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have modded my lower arms mounts (i wont be moving my caster setting), using the metal camber plate.
I have used the plastic inserts as a guide , drilling into the camber plate, then cutting a thread to take 10mm long ball studs. Now it will have to pull out of the metal , not just the flimsy plastic mount....
Old 12-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fleetmaster
I have modded my lower arms mounts (i wont be moving my caster setting), using the metal camber plate.
I have used the plastic inserts as a guide , drilling into the camber plate, then cutting a thread to take 10mm long ball studs. Now it will have to pull out of the metal , not just the flimsy plastic mount....
That's a good idea.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:21 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm about to give up with my FGX. I just can't get it to "work". What I have is probably one of the only one in Finland, atleast I haven't heard about others owning fgx around here so I'm kinda alone when trying to tweak it's settings. I race against 3 F104's (one x1 and two v1's) and I can keep them behind me for lap or two but my laps are 1 second slower so I end up losing anyway.

Our indoor carpet track is almost all corners except 1 straight and one long highspeed 45 degree turn. I used to have a problem with front wheel lifting on corners but got that ok with rear sway bar. I also installed IFS as I broke my upper deck. Now I was told that my car doesn't turn and I realized that myself too. Every corner I have to turn max How do I get more traction to front?

What I have:
- graphite main chassis
- front wing weight
- front wing stiffener
- IFS & 3 degree caster block
- alu motor mount and rear bulkhead
- Exotek rear arms
- Hard springs on rear
- 21.5t motor with 21 pinion & 35 spur

I really would not like to buy whole exotek conversion even tho it was mentioned to be a must for indoor racing if I can't be sure that it will actually make my car better. What should I do? What settings affect the most on handling? I understand that the car isn't capable to compete against f104 out-of-box but I don't have much experience in rc-cars yet and would really love to show others that fgx isn't bad F1
Old 12-19-2012, 06:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nahkiss
I'm about to give up with my FGX. I just can't get it to "work". What I have is probably one of the only one in Finland, atleast I haven't heard about others owning fgx around here so I'm kinda alone when trying to tweak it's settings. I race against 3 F104's (one x1 and two v1's) and I can keep them behind me for lap or two but my laps are 1 second slower so I end up losing anyway.

Our indoor carpet track is almost all corners except 1 straight and one long highspeed 45 degree turn. I used to have a problem with front wheel lifting on corners but got that ok with rear sway bar. I also installed IFS as I broke my upper deck. Now I was told that my car doesn't turn and I realized that myself too. Every corner I have to turn max How do I get more traction to front?

What I have:
- graphite main chassis
- front wing weight
- front wing stiffener
- IFS & 3 degree caster block
- alu motor mount and rear bulkhead
- Exotek rear arms
- Hard springs on rear
- 21.5t motor with 21 pinion & 35 spur

I really would not like to buy whole exotek conversion even tho it was mentioned to be a must for indoor racing if I can't be sure that it will actually make my car better. What should I do? What settings affect the most on handling? I understand that the car isn't capable to compete against f104 out-of-box but I don't have much experience in rc-cars yet and would really love to show others that fgx isn't bad F1
What tires and front springs? What is your front tire treatment/prep? Also, what diff oil are you running? It sounds to me like your car is not rotating in the corners. The only place an F104 should be faster than you is the end of the long straight.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

"...faster..at the end of the long straight..." Reminds me of DRS.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi all,

Is there a optional carbone chassi that will allow bigger pinion on the motor and use the IFS? DitrMonkey you seem to have it may you tell where to by?

What is the biggest pinion you can have with all original I only could go to 17 that start to hit everywhere is it normal?

Is te IFS really the way to good the Exotec chassi and front arms are better.

What about tires and wheels which one to go

thanks.

Last edited by Nuno Gancho; 12-19-2012 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Add more

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.