Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaxSp97
Mike,
The Exotek parts are very nice on Cal13
how do you convert to that spur setup?
Old 08-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Tech Champion

I wish they would take off the side wall lettering!
Old 08-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

hey guys
just getting into F1 whats the best diff oil for the FGX

hear my baby its fun just set setting these things up

cheers paul
Attached Thumbnails 3 racing new F1-paul-024.jpg  
Old 08-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gascar 24
hey guys

cheers paul

Very nice car!! Show us some pics of the chassis!
Old 08-18-2012, 11:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Gascar 24
hey guys

cheers paul
2000wt
even better get the ball diff and use ceramic mini balls.
I have the same Red Bull Livery, but the body has dents and tire marks from hits and crashes lol. this winter I will paint up a new body, been thinking either Ferrari F201 Shumacher Marlboro or older Jordan Benson & Hedges.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

anybody figure out how to get the gear diff to work properly, i.e. what other o-rings fit and are smooth?
Old 08-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have a question for everyone on this thread:

Does anyone know why we have NEVER seen an article/test/review of the FGX in ANY of the American rc car magazines? For that matter, I don't recall seeing a test/review of ANY 3 Racing cars. I asked an editor of one of the 2 American rc car magazines, and he said they have tried to contact 3 Racing to get some of their cars to review and 3 Racing never bothers to respond to them.
Curious; you would think 3 Racing would welcome the exposure provided by the rc car magazines!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus

Does anyone know why we have NEVER seen an article/test/review of the FGX in ANY of the American rc car magazines? For that matter, I don't recall seeing a test/review of ANY 3 Racing cars. I asked an editor of one of the 2 American rc car magazines, and he said they have tried to contact 3 Racing to get some of their cars to review and 3 Racing never bothers to respond to them.
Curious; you would think 3 Racing would welcome the exposure provided by the rc car magazines!
Competition X has a little bit of info
Old 08-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX

Looks like a very nice "online" magazine; I bookmarked it! However, the only reference I could find for the FGX was the McKune chassis conversion; nothing on the FGX as a review/test of the car. Besides, my original post was in reference to the "print" rc car magazines, not online magazines.

Thanks anyway; at least I now have a new online magazine to view!

However, my original question still stands: Does anyone know why 3 Racing refuses to cooperate with the "print" rc magazines and provide them with cars to test/review such as the FGX?
Old 08-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Looks like a very nice "online" magazine; I bookmarked it! However, the only reference I could find for the FGX was the McKune chassis conversion; nothing on the FGX as a review/test of the car. Besides, my original post was in reference to the "print" rc car magazines, not online magazines.

Thanks anyway; at least I now have a new online magazine to view!

However, my original question still stands: Does anyone know why 3 Racing refuses to cooperate with the "print" rc magazines and provide them with cars to test/review such as the FGX?
From what I can tell from my friends who work in other magazines.

It has to do with politics. One of 2 things needs to happen before they review anything from 3racing.
Pressure from readers or 3racing need to buy an ad in the magazine.

I'm sure when the american rc magazines contacted them for a car to review their primary purpose was trying to get them to buy ad space.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RicerX1
From what I can tell from my friends who work in other magazines.

It has to do with politics. One of 2 things needs to happen before they review anything from 3racing.
Pressure from readers or 3racing need to buy an ad in the magazine.

I'm sure when the american rc magazines contacted them for a car to review their primary purpose was trying to get them to buy ad space.
Interesting point! I will ask my contact at RC Driver about that!
Old 08-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Personally, I don't think anyone there reads the emails that are sent. I've sent a bunch of emails, checked their blog, looked all through their site. there is little to no current postings that are newer than 2011.
there may be a huge language barrier or simply they don't care about the market outside of south east asia ... that's not a racial slam, just an observation. there is NO customer service to speak of .. with all of that though, they do make nice cars. they just need to learn how to take care of their car buyers.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Adept

@Team Lotus ... don't think 3Racing really has issue with paying for advertising . rcmart.com and tqrcracing.com .. 3Racing adverts everywhere .. I see 3Racing ad blocks on forums and websites everywhere . all of that costs $$ . i think the politics comment holds weight but not sure why American magazines get ignored by them and good luck even finding FGX's in Canadian shops . trust me on that, i've paid a lot in shipping from Hong Kong to get my FGX and parts.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

I seem to recall reading a very detailed review of the FGX in one of the British rc car magazines a while back; so that would indicate to me that they have some interest outside of Asia. Maybe they just don't care much about the USA market! I don't know, it makes no sense to me!

But I do get the sense that perhaps they don't pay attention to emails as NewWest suggested. I do see their phone number listed on their website; I wonder how much it would cost me to call them in China on my cell phone?(Verizon) Maybe then, if I can find someone who speaks English, maybe then I can get a direct answer!
Old 08-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Tech Adept

I seem to recall reading a very detailed review of the FGX in one of the British rc car magazines a while back; so that would indicate to me that they have some interest outside of Asia. Maybe they just don't care much about the USA market! I don't know, it makes no sense to me!

But I do get the sense that perhaps they don't pay attention to emails as NewWest suggested. I do see their phone number listed on their website; I wonder how much it would cost me to call them in China on my cell phone?(Verizon) Maybe then, if I can find someone who speaks English, maybe then I can get a direct answer!
TC does RC has some really good 3Racing articles . so does this Aussie site
http://rcformula1.com.au/ ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.