Search
Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 04:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dfiantii
Can anyone tell me where to order one of these from?
let me know too. Those are actual cars arent they? I dont think the photo is of a 1/10 car.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

That'd work for me!

Now you know why i'm jealous of that CNC mill you have!! I've got a million ideas rolling around in my head and no way to create them!

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
I am not sure how i am going to handle this because most of the parts are just 3r parts and no way in hell i am going to piece an entire kit together! dont have time for that. best i can do is offer a DIY kit with my upperdeck and machined parts to make it work and make a list for the remainder of the parts. First things first though let me see if it is even worth selling! I now need to do some reading on how to increase mechanical grip and i need to draw up the rear suspension to see where in the hell the roll center is! I have a hunch its about 3' below sea level
Old 04-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I would imagine the FIA might sell you a set. Or contact Ferrari or Redbull Racing directly.

Those are the real deal.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
For the side pod stripes I used Parma 10mm masking tape. All the rest was done with a 1/4" vinyl mask. I'm thinking that was about right for the upper air box but the nose and the stripes behind the driver I think are too wide. I also have a 1/8" mask but to me it looked too narrow for the nose and the stripes behind the driver. Maybe a 3/16" or 4mm ish would have been closer.
I used 3mm automotive pinstriping on the deck and 6mm fine line masking tape for the rest. F1paintlab.com decals.......
She isn't finished yet - still need mirrors, driver, tv camera pod , mesh in the airbox and radiator intakes and lastly paint the rims gold.
Attached Thumbnails 3 racing new F1-m_dsc_0685.jpg   3 racing new F1-m_dsc_0686.jpg   3 racing new F1-m_dsc_0687.jpg   3 racing new F1-m_dsc_0688.jpg   3 racing new F1-m_dsc_0689.jpg  

Old 04-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

A few more .
Attached Thumbnails 3 racing new F1-m_dsc_0690.jpg   3 racing new F1-m_dsc_0691.jpg   3 racing new F1-m_dsc_0692.jpg  
Old 04-25-2012, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looks great
Old 04-25-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Champion

Looks great Dave! I definately like the 3mm better on the nose and behind the driver than what I used.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
possibly but to test i will just brace the current one using the shock mount plate which does stiffen it up a good amount. I have already notice that i had to increase rear camber up to 3* since it rolls much more now, also had to give it more rear droop! Exciting stuff, now to maximize mechanical grip!!
Are there springs on the front, or am I missing it?
Old 04-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by RedBullRacing
A few more .
Both your car and Gadgets car look great. Now that you have killed yourselves masking the stripes , I will divulge that because of my new printer, I will now be including the stripes with all the Renault sheets. Both the updated R31, and the brand new E20 sheets should be available by the weekend.
Also here are a few shots of what will be in the online store tomorrow

Old 04-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Regular

Ha ha , how ironic - oh well , I must confess I did enjoy the whole process, such is the F1 illness

That is great news regarding your print setup.
I'll be ordering some new Pirelli decals soon, likely a group buy , since he locals love my 2011 decals.
Keep up the great work !!

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Both your car and Gadgets car look great. Now that you have killed yourselves masking the stripes , I will divulge that because of my new printer, I will now be including the stripes with all the Renault sheets. Both the updated R31, and the brand new E20 sheets should be available by the weekend.
Also here are a few shots of what will be in the online store tomorrow

Old 04-26-2012, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

I started playing with the FGX and so far I'm not impressed with the Chinese quality of it. It's got a long way to go before I get it out on the track. First things first, the diff. I tried the ball diff. It's junk pure and simple. It feels like a pepper grinder. It's either too loose or too tight with no middle balance and horribly rough no matter what. I'm tempted to take it apart and rebuild it but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort. I built the gear diff last night. It's just the gear equivalent of it's ball diff pos cousin. I have no oil in it and it doesn't turn very freely due to the o-ring tightness. I'm sure this loosens up after running a bit though but so far I don't see a usable diff in unmodified stock form.

So what's the trick? Are you guys taking these things apart to tweak them or is everyone just content with running pure junk for a diff?
Old 04-26-2012, 06:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

McLaren.com
Old 04-26-2012, 07:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Are there springs on the front, or am I missing it?

The springs are inside the tubes , currently i have 3 stock springs on each side, so technically you end up with progressive springs! I have learned over the years to make the prototype stuff as adjustable as i can, with the current layout you can just about use any spring/shock combo you want. these shock tubes really feel good, they are very consistent.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
I started playing with the FGX and so far I'm not impressed with the Chinese quality of it. It's got a long way to go before I get it out on the track. First things first, the diff. I tried the ball diff. It's junk pure and simple. It feels like a pepper grinder. It's either too loose or too tight with no middle balance and horribly rough no matter what. I'm tempted to take it apart and rebuild it but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort. I built the gear diff last night. It's just the gear equivalent of it's ball diff pos cousin. I have no oil in it and it doesn't turn very freely due to the o-ring tightness. I'm sure this loosens up after running a bit though but so far I don't see a usable diff in unmodified stock form.

So what's the trick? Are you guys taking these things apart to tweak them or is everyone just content with running pure junk for a diff?

Agreed, the ball dif is AWE FULL! I will tell you that it is the thrust bearing which can be solved by replacing with separate items, just have to source it out.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

I'm pretty old school and have always favored a ball diff so I'll probably try to rub it down with a blend of secret herbs and spices to see what can be done to it. I'll play with the gear diff too. Hopefully I can get both options working nicely.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.