Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nice! Any suggestions on how to mount the servo laid down and how to secure the battery in that position? Any off the shelf parts that work for the exotek EFX?
Old 02-06-2015, 08:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Greatly Appreciate the effort

Originally Posted by G-rem
Many thanks. My belt drive conversion stalled out from lack of motivation. But these photos give me renewed vigor. I did see earlier you designed a new chassis to fit new motor mount plate and bulkheads.
1.What car were the new aluminum pieces sourced from?
2.Is there anything you would do different or change were you at the beginning again?
3. Are you selling the Custom Chassis, or dxf file?

Thanks for taking the time to post your work.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by loheiman
Nice! Any suggestions on how to mount the servo laid down and how to secure the battery in that position? Any off the shelf parts that work for the exotek EFX?
For the servo mount, I used a spare Awesomatix right holder that I fit on the existing hole for the original servo location. And of course, I put a piece of double side-tape to secure the mount

Regarding the battery mount, it is incorporated with the upper plate mount (custom "L" shape pieces out of a old carbon chassis) + I used the genuine battery mount part of the EFX which I had to make a new hole in the carbon chassis for. It works pretty well but it could be improved: when you hit a bit too hard, sometimes the battery can go out of the mount...
Old 02-07-2015, 03:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Microtome
Many thanks. My belt drive conversion stalled out from lack of motivation. But these photos give me renewed vigor. I did see earlier you designed a new chassis to fit new motor mount plate and bulkheads.
1.What car were the new aluminum pieces sourced from?
2.Is there anything you would do different or change were you at the beginning again?
3. Are you selling the Custom Chassis, or dxf file?

Thanks for taking the time to post your work.
Well, quite a good question

For the aluminium parts, it is all 3Racing: the rear bulkeads are the option ones for the FGX but I had to cut them to fit the new motor mount (see pictures) and the motor mount comes from the Sakura Zero. I made a bigger hole in the center to fit a small bearing that can support the axle.

The rear axle for the belt drive conversion is custom made.

I added some more things in the pictures folder (a detailed plan of the custom carbon chassis (and some pics of the final results) + one for the rear axle for the belt drive conversion). I worked with a small french artisan who hands-made the chassis (so not as perfect as a factory one but quite good). I am sure if you ask Bezerk RC (see FB page), he could manage to make a similar one.

Regards,
G-rem
Old 02-13-2015, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

I am building a new FGX and am looking for the Ecotel chassi upgrade but can't seem to find it anywhere. Would anyone be able to assist me in locating one please

Many thanks
Old 02-13-2015, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I looked but no luck. It looks like it is discontinued.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:13 AM
Tech Adept

can you advise if its a worthwhile upgrade. Also I noticed they are still making the IFS adaptor but without the chassis is of no use.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:18 AM
Tech Addict

With the announcement of the 2015 FGX the Exotek chassis is not currently being made and most stores are out of stock.

I managed to buy one recently from www.dms-racing.com and just finished building it. Not sure if they have any more but they were very helpful.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know if the Turnigy Trackstar motor will fit this car without modification. I run an Exotek EFX chassis if that makes a difference. Thanks

Motor info is here:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ackstar%2021.5

Also, it seems the max steering angle right/left is fairly limited. Not sure what's normal but with my EFX chassis, the ball cups that connect to the steering assembly hits the chassis fairly early in the turning process (IMO). Any ideas?

Last edited by loheiman; 02-15-2015 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCformula1
With the announcement of the 2015 FGX the Exotek chassis is not currently being made and most stores are out of stock.

I managed to buy one recently from www.dms-racing.com and just finished building it. Not sure if they have any more but they were very helpful.

It would be awesome if they did make an updated belt drive version, or more direct drive version of this car. It would probably be the best f1 car out.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

My origional FGX all stock is faster by a about 2 tenths than any of the of the direct drive cars racing at our track. There are 2 F113's, 2 CRC and one VBC that race with me

My Car is the Red top Blue Bottom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BxYDLAWLHk
Old 02-19-2015, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

For me it was slower because we race on a track that is prepared with sugar so the direct drives have an advantage. The grip is so high that direct drives hook up well.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

Default Adjusting ackerman

Hi guys,

I have the aluminum steering assembly and was wondering how I can adjust the ackerman. I've never really adjusted ackerman before so the more detail the better! Thanks!
Old 02-20-2015, 04:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by loheiman
Hi guys,

I have the aluminum steering assembly and was wondering how I can adjust the ackerman. I've never really adjusted ackerman before so the more detail the better! Thanks!
add or remove shims under the ball studs that the steering turnbuckle links attach to on the aluminum steering assembly
Old 02-20-2015, 08:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JayL
add or remove shims under the ball studs that the steering turnbuckle links attach to on the aluminum steering assembly
Does more shims equal less Ackerman? Have any idea what the default amount of shims is? I currently have none there...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.