Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 01:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Mine is for sale guys. Local track never opened for the summer and this thing is just sitting on my shelf after I spent a small fortune for everything. Never has seen the ground except for the pics. Make some offers.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...gx-exotek.html
Old 07-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Which are the right foam tires for the car? The F104 ones?

I know the car has independient rear suspension and is designed for rubber tires in mind but I would like to know the right foams, 3racing has the foam rims but donīt know the right foams for them.

Thanks.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Your best buy would be to use foam wheels for touring cars.
Front 26 mm Rear 30 mm

But of course the car will look "ugly" with those wheels...

If you look for F1 wheels, you should go for foam that fit tamiya F201 or HPI F10
Old 07-22-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Zedsispeho
Your best buy would be to use foam wheels for touring cars.
Front 26 mm Rear 30 mm

But of course the car will look "ugly" with those wheels...

If you look for F1 wheels, you should go for foam that fit tamiya F201 or HPI F10
I was asking for F1 tyres. However as long as I know there are no foams for F201 and F10 uses F104 foam tires in the expensive foam adapted version of the car.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Having Second Thoughts

Being into all forms of RC racing, my friend Scott is trying to get me into this F1 series that is currently running.

Some years back, I came close to purchasing the Tamiya 4wd F1 car. Now a new life has been forged again in F1, I was thinking about making the jump.

What car to get?

I decided to go with the FGX F1 because they are in inexpensive right now on ebay and the Tamiya solid axle car cannot hold a candle to it. However, hearing that the FGX's are going to be outlawed in Vegas at the IIC, possibly at other venues too, new people are going to take over and change some rules is making me back away.

Is what I am hearing accurate?
Old 07-23-2012, 06:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by M4 Racing
Being into all forms of RC racing, my friend Scott is trying to get me into this F1 series that is currently running.

Some years back, I came close to purchasing the Tamiya 4wd F1 car. Now a new life has been forged again in F1, I was thinking about making the jump.

What car to get?

I decided to go with the FGX F1 because they are in inexpensive right now on ebay and the Tamiya solid axle car cannot hold a candle to it. However, hearing that the FGX's are going to be outlawed in Vegas at the IIC, possibly at other venues too, new people are going to take over and change some rules is making me back away.

I hope not...
This would plain stupid to outlaw the FGX because of foolish reason like "it does not have a solid axle!"
The FGX is a lot closer to what a real formula 1 chassis is than what a solid axle chassis will ever be.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hearing that the FGX's are going to be outlawed in Vegas at the IIC, possibly at other venues too, new people are going to take over and change some rules is making me back away.

Before this gets totally out of control:

Can you provide a link to your source of this information?
Old 07-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...l#post10954830
Old 07-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Thank you.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I allow FGX in our F1 races. They are slower than direct drives anyways on our track, so no issue letting them run.

We have around 7 drivers now with FGX. All box stock and all even more durable than the F104.

IIC is one event run once a year where 99.9% of FGX owners will never even race in even if FGX was allowed. No worries if FGX is not allowed there.

So go ahead and buy it. Anyways it is cheap enough. You will enjoy it.

Last edited by rccartips; 07-23-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What car to get?

What matters is the rules where you race. If fgx is allowed locally then you are good. Maybe check with the local rule makers and ensure that it will continue to be legal.

Uf1 in California is one of the most important rc f1 series in the united states and they allow the fgx but do not allow cars over 190mm wide. Here in Texas we have a fast growing f1 group between Dallas and Houston. Fgx and cars up to 205mm wide are perfectly legal, we all race together and everyone has a blast playing with their toy cars. We can care less what iic or roar deem legal for their races.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by racer robert
What matters is the rules where you race. If fgx is allowed locally then you are good. Maybe check with the local rule makers and ensure that it will continue to be legal.

Uf1 in California is one of the most important rc f1 series in the united states and they allow the fgx but do not allow cars over 190mm wide. Here in Texas we have a fast growing f1 group between Dallas and Houston. Fgx and cars up to 205mm wide are perfectly legal, we all race together and everyone has a blast playing with their toy cars. We can care less what iic or roar deem legal for their races.
Agreed!! Go with what your local track or club allows and don't worry about iic or roar; they have no idea how to regulate the F1 class anyway, they just screw it up with their narrow minded archaic regulations!
Old 07-23-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

That's sad about the IIC specifying the FGX as out. It would have been much simpler to just use the USF1 rules as a standard. A major event running F1 with the country's most common rules would have been a feather in their cap.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
That's sad about the IIC specifying the FGX as out. It would have been much simpler to just use the USF1 rules as a standard. A major event running F1 with the country's most common rules would have been a feather in their cap.
It would be interesting to see how it would go if they followed what has been working for UF1.
Tires, chassis etc.
Let's see what the paid pros would do with these things and "our" rules.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Cuda .. I could always mod a straight axle ifs fgx . make it 180 . just say'in ..
Aint like I dont have any time on my hands ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.