R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-10-2004, 10:18 PM   #1471
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to SirSpeedy Send a message via AIM to SirSpeedy Send a message via Yahoo to SirSpeedy

I don't know Todd -

On one hand, you have ran like 200 packs through your pre-prod. car, and on the other hand some of these guys have looked at pictures on the internet 200 times.

I really don't see how you can have any greater knowledge about this car.

Lets get back to discussing the ability to run connectors on the battery.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:27 PM   #1472
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

It might be up to 400 runs by now per JRXS driver vs. 90656 views on this thread.

I would still trust the guys that who have piloted this car would know quite well of what it can do.

Give it time guys, it will prove itself even more so.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:39 PM   #1473
Tech Master

Default JRX-S SETUP SHEET!!!

Today we received the Team Losi JRX-S setup sheet!! We have it posted up in the Setup section of the forum. We have plans to make this setup sheet editable online. So if you use up your copies, you will beable to input your setup on the sheet and print it out. This feature will be available very soon!!

Click here to view the setup sheet
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 12:53 AM   #1474
Tech Elite

SHORT ARMS...BLAH BLAH BLAH---BATTERY CONNECTORS...YADDA YADDA YADDA

C'Mon Hodgimoto, just stick a JRXS kit in a zip-lock bag and throw it in a shoebox then mail it to me please. I can't take any more of the daily ramblings from some of these negative-bench racing-close minded-stick pack-Mabuchi motored engineers with a degree from some on-line university! SHHEEEESHHH! Team Losi has NEVER!-EVER! developed or sold a top of the line racing vehicle that didn't depart from the "norm". In all cases, their vision of the R/C industry has helped them lead the way in the technology of our sport. JRX2--5 link suspension and an externally adjustable tranny. JRXT--First production offroad racing truck. JRXPRO SE--First use of composite chassis that was cheaper than Carbon fiber but as rigid. XX and XXT--Molded engineering masterpieces and XX first use of bearings in hub and not wheel. Street Weapon--A fantastic sedan in its day. XXXS--single belt and sealed drive train. And now the JRXS. Losi would not be where they are today if they would have copied every one else.

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 02:58 AM   #1475
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I dont ever remember seeing a race won by a car in anyones hand with no motor in it and the tires going round and round lol....this is just My opinion, but I think belt drive cars would have to produce less friction than gear drive cars "under a load", from everything Ive seen at the track, either type is fast enough to win races....it just depends on what your personal preference happens to be.........
Mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 06:54 AM   #1476
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can't wait to get my hands on one of these cars!

racer-oZ
racer-oZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 04:44 PM   #1477
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The XX was NOT the first 2wd car with the bearings in the Hub.....the Schumacher Top Cat was, way back in 1989....LONG before the XX was even on the drawing board....I've got mine still in my closet if you want to see it......in Fact, even the Cougar used it, still long before the XX.....and its possible there was even something before top cat...

And the Junior Two was actually the first with the molded chassis....it was meant to the be the beginners inexpensive race car, but racers like the chassis, so they started using it.....which led to the development of the PRO SE....

Later EddieO

Last edited by EddieO; 12-11-2004 at 04:52 PM.
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 04:59 PM   #1478
Tech Elite

Thanks for the corrections Eddie.

Brant

Old 12-11-2004, 05:21 PM   #1479
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default PookyT...

it's just a discussion, so chill out. I like to read the engaging discussions here from some of the smarter people on this forum. It's interesting and entertaining. There is no need for smack talk. Most of it's just peoples opinions and they are all interesting. There is nothing wrong with talking about what you like and don't like. As much as some of the companies don't like it, so what. This is America! This is not their company forum. Just respect everyone else and there is nothing wrong with brain stormming. Just maybe, a great new idea could come out of it. This place is kind of a collective RC conscious.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 07:10 PM   #1480
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by EddieO
The XX was NOT the first 2wd car with the bearings in the Hub.....the Schumacher Top Cat was, way back in 1989....LONG before the XX was even on the drawing board....I've got mine still in my closet if you want to see it......in Fact, even the Cougar used it, still long before the XX.....and its possible there was even something before top cat...

And the Junior Two was actually the first with the molded chassis....it was meant to the be the beginners inexpensive race car, but racers like the chassis, so they started using it.....which led to the development of the PRO SE....

Later EddieO
I had a Jr 2 back in the day. I turned it into a LXT when they release the conversion kits.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 12:05 AM   #1481
Tech Elite

RCknight-- Your right and I guess I was venting a little( whole lot ). It is just frustrating to hear negative reports about a car I dearly want but that I cannot hold in my hands or drive. I have raced Losi vehicles since their beginning and I suppose I was a little rash with my post. LOL...Dude, see what making a grown man wait for his newest toy race car can do? LMAO Sorry guys I just want my JRXS !!! STOMP--STOMP. Keep all the info coming good and bad and lets see how we feel about this car this time next year. My gut tells me it will be impressive. Later

Brant

Old 12-12-2004, 12:47 AM   #1482
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Everyone needs to be patient about getting this car. Losi will release a killer product and I would rather see them get it right the first time rather than have to make a bunch of revisions. Good to see they are getting the driveshafts figured out and are trying to include them in the kit.

TLR, Fantom, Horizon, Spektrum, Trackside
Brian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 06:23 AM   #1483
Tech Master

Default JRX-S setup sheet

we received the Team Losi JRX-S setup sheet!! We have it posted up in the Setup section of the forum. We have plans to make this setup sheet editable online. So if you use up your copies, you will beable to input your setup on the sheet and print it out. This feature will be available very soon!!

Click here to view the setup sheet
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 08:30 AM   #1484
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to serpentracer1

First off let me say that I've seen the car now for awhile run and its handles like its on rails,carrying corner speed in and out and blistering down the straights.Id like to say that Losi has been known to put out quality products and if thier was a problem it is solved no doubt.All the testing that they have been doing is putting the car thru its paces so we (the public) when we get ours wont have issues with the car.Im sure that like always someone somewhere will have a problem but thats the norm with anything.So be patient and I'm sure the Losi will be a top contender like always.

If any of yall were at cleveland you would of seen how smooth and fast the car was.To me it just looked awesome in the hands of the drivers that had it.I can only speak of carpet cause thats the only place I've seen the car run.It sold me the first time I seen it and I'm willing to wait to get the car knowing how fast it is and how easy it is to work on.

Just my.02cents
Orion R10 Pro VST powered
serpentracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 08:54 AM   #1485
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Wow....theres been a lot of....ummm......'stuff' posted since I last hit the thread. Funny thing is, its the exact same 'stuff' that was posted about a month ago.

RCKnight-You're right, it is just discussion on an open forum. I just think the problem most people (including me) have with all this 'stuff', is that its just going round and round and round in a circle.

One person who hasn't driven the car barks at another guy who hasn't driven the car who barks at ANOTHER guy who hasn't driven the car, etc...etc....etc... all the while quoting 'facts' for which neither side has much backing for.

The funniest thing to me is how 'positive' the critics get once the actual team drivers come on and speak.

Strange how they don't seem as argumentative when confronted with someone who HAS driven the car.

Maybe I'm over simplifying things here, but doesn't it seem simpler for someone who is a critic of the car or doesn't think it will work, to just not get the car and move on? I'm not telling anyone here to do so, I'm just saying, isn't that the most obvious sollution?

For example: I have no intention of getting a new Corally RDX, Assoc. TC4, or Tamiya 415, so how much since would it make for me to constantly criticise it ON that car's thread?

But, like I said, maybe I'm just over simplifying things.