R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-08-2004, 08:44 PM   #1426
Tech Master

The battery door on the bottom of the car is grooved so 5 of the cells sit in the door. the 6th cell sits behind the 5th cell sandwiched between the upper deck and the chassis. I am not sure if there is anything else there that will keep it in place. Agian i have seen this car on the track, I have even seen this car Fly off the track. That battery is not going anywhere, unless the chassis snaps.
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 09:02 PM   #1427
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Stealth_RT
That Mod TC race between Josh and Paul was AWESOME. Mad props to both drivers. For Josh, who didn't blink an eye under tremendous pressure and ran a flawless race. And to Paul who threw down everything he and his car had, but was professional enough to not even come close to hacking Josh to pass him, while sticking the nose of his car just about UNDER the back of Josh's looking for an opening to pass. Truly, racing at its very best. If that race was captured on camera, it will be the racing vid of the YEAR.
I agree that it was one of the best races I've ever seen. Paul and Josh were amazing in that race., so close for the entire race it was super sweet Paul's car was dialed, it has corner speed like something out of the movies Josh kept a line so clean you could eat off it and Paul was truly a pro by not hacking to make a pass. Props to both for the great race (I drove up just to watch the mains and it was 100% worth it ). Look forward to that kind of action next year.
ddesros2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 10:03 PM   #1428
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default Rate springs in kit.

Does Losi know what springs will cme with the kit? In other words-Rubber tire springs or the very stiff springs for carpet?

are they available yet-jeeezzz!! What old rc stuff do I have to sell to buy one of these...Hmmm......
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 06:46 AM   #1429
Tech Apprentice

Last edited by Robz; 12-15-2004 at 10:51 AM.
Robz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 08:18 AM   #1430
Tech Master

Default Re: Hey Again

Quote:
Originally posted by Robz
Hey guys, you probably all hate me anyway cos i didnt agree with all you guys about the short arms. Anyway, another update from the weekend that the one of the UK team drivers totally gave up with the car, nothing he tried would make it work, the rear end just wouldnt work, went straight back to the XXX-s. I believe that when all you normal drivers go and spend money on them you will then find out it will only work in certain circumstances, only very high grip and very flat. Another thing, i read that you guys all think the transmission is really free. Well that is the amount of rotating mass on it. The pulleys in the centre are steel type material and very large, the long diff half section is metal, everything is very heavy. Thats why it spins for ages when tested. Just thought id add an opinion, you guys will all say im wrong anyway but thought id let the open minded person get both sides of the storey.

Rob

What kind of rumor krap are you tring too spread around? I have been all over this car, and know better than what you have stated. A team driver is not going to just give up on his team..LOL There are somany things wrong with your statment.

The pullies are made out of aluminum hard anodized. They are larger yes but it will give great effecentcy. The transmission is Just as free as a XXX-S. agian the diffes are aluminum and for Mod class you need the diffs to hold up. Plastic is not going to hold up for long.

You reall need to look at the car in person to know what the car is like. I watched this car run on an UNPREPAIRED serface, (it was swept, but not sprayed) and he did well with the car after finding the correct tire for track

thanks for a morning laugh

WOW...JUST WOW!!! It will be interesting to see what the team drivers say When they read what you have stated.
Airtronics|Kyosho|

Last edited by Gearhead3; 12-09-2004 at 08:55 AM.
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 08:51 AM   #1431
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have seen the car on carpet, and quite frankly, thats all that matters to me.

Unfortunately, i am getting quite sick of waiting. i was really hoping to attend the novak race this year.. and if this thing isnt ready I may be rockin an Xray or 415.

KB
Old 12-09-2004, 08:55 AM   #1432
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Driver1

the xxx-s G+
can it even compete or it done?
Driver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:46 AM   #1433
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to tc3stocker Send a message via Yahoo to tc3stocker

it is still a very very good car that can still compete at the top level, I am sticking witt it instead of switching
tc3stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 11:35 AM   #1434
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Theres alot of good points being made

The xxx-s is done in my opinion and for anyone wow does not think so I have a G plus ran by a team driver for sale for $100, with spare parts.

Whats this thing on the net that lois is talking about the car is being held up because of an updated shaft. This is news to me.

The car will be good. Expensive but good.
TonyWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 11:42 AM   #1435
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Keith- I feel your pain! I am thinking about ordering another Manufactuers car just to have something different.

But on the other hand...I would rather Losi bump the release dates back 3 or 4 times and get it right rather than speeding it up and me spending my money on a car that is not PERFECT! Or having to buy updates after the first week of having the car.

Patience my friend, Patience!
Old 12-09-2004, 11:59 AM   #1436
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

How can anyone who loves Touring cars or the techno side of our sport/hobby not want to have one of these-if only for a few weeks to drive it and work on it. Dare I say touch and feel it. Its the only Sedan thats making production thats even remotely "innovative" and out of the box thinking!! And if the Worlds and the US Indoor Champs are any indication of its on track prowess-its gonna be good.

Its so out of the box-there doesnt seem to be any good way to mount the electronics, solder the batteries, run the wires....... Purpose built to be fast.

I bet Losi-if they didint have to be PC would say-hey-if you cannot handle the JRXS-quit your crying and buy our Losi XXXS!!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 05:14 PM   #1437
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to dasupacat

Quote:
Another thing, i read that you guys all think the transmission is really free. Well that is the amount of rotating mass on it. The pulleys in the centre are steel type material and very large, the long diff half section is metal, everything is very heavy. Thats why it spins for ages when tested. Just thought id add an opinion, you guys will all say im wrong anyway but thought id let the open minded person get both sides of the storey.

Rob
Drivetrain weight? So that's why shafties spin forever.....
dasupacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 07:21 PM   #1438
TCR
Tech Addict

Quote:
The pulleys in the centre are steel type material and very large, the long diff half section is metal, everything is very heavy. Thats why it spins for ages when tested. Just thought id add an opinion, you guys will all say im wrong anyway but thought id let the open minded person get both sides of the storey.

Rob
there aluminum dude, not steel or steel type, unless you consider aluminum a type of steel

you opinion is fine but you might want to work on your facts, and I suppose plactic pulley's would be lighter, If there avalible in plactic, that just adds another tuning option
TCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 08:02 PM   #1439
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Hey Again

Quote:
Originally posted by dasupacat
Drivetrain weight? So that's why shafties spin forever.....
actually, when shaft cars have no wheels on them, they really dont spin that long.. the weight of the wheels makes them spin. "object in motion- stays in motion".. heavier the wheel, the longer it spins (foams vs. rubber)...

but in this case.. i think the guy is way off. The drivetrain is as free as it is because of the size of the pullys. The belt does not have to bend nearly as much as some other cars...
Old 12-10-2004, 05:26 AM   #1440
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Hey Again

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Billanti
actually, when shaft cars have no wheels on them, they really dont spin that long.. the weight of the wheels makes them spin. "object in motion- stays in motion".. heavier the wheel, the longer it spins (foams vs. rubber)...

but in this case.. i think the guy is way off. The drivetrain is as free as it is because of the size of the pullys. The belt does not have to bend nearly as much as some other cars...

It's not as simple, there is also to consider the linear speed of the belt. The bigger the pulleys the bigger the length of belt bent per rev, which means more work (in the mechanical meaning of the term). Hence, there is a critical diameter over which the increase in diameter results in an increase of power loss, because the gain by augmentation of the radius cannot overcome the loss caused by the linear speed of the belt. And the speed of the belt is directly related to the diameter of the diff pulley.

Example : the freer belt drivetrain i've seen out of the box yet is off the X-Ray with low gear ratio, because the belt does not have a high linear speed, the fact that the primary pulley is quite small have no bad influence on the efficiency.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote