R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-24-2006, 12:23 PM   #12721
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
cooling fans

Thanks again Mike.

Another question if I may ;-)

How are you guys mounting fans on your cars and who sells these? Are they just the fans like on computer boards?
Slippery Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:03 PM   #12722
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You can get a coolcanfan uppder deck and fan combo, or you could just ca glue it to your chassis...lol..it is kinda ghetto but it works rather well. I have a 25mm fan next to the servo (half hanging off) angled toward the endbell, it is just far enough away fromt he motor that i can leave it attatched and solder the motor without any trouble.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:27 PM   #12723
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracingkid
You can get a coolcanfan uppder deck and fan combo, or you could just ca glue it to your chassis...lol..it is kinda ghetto but it works rather well. I have a 25mm fan next to the servo (half hanging off) angled toward the endbell, it is just far enough away fromt he motor that i can leave it attatched and solder the motor without any trouble.
Hi
We have CCF's in stock for the JRX-S view www.coolcanfan.com
Cheers Malc TCCFM
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 03:18 PM   #12724
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinggoy

guys. just got back from giving my jrxs a test run.. is pretty good the drive train is so free. specialy with my setup. on every corner its quick..we have a tight asphalt track and with the traction today is low it still rides good. would be better tom for a practice day with med to high traction..

im impressed. ..

just onw thing. does adding an antisquat helps on a tight track? with med to high traction. cause my end always rubs on the aspahlt.. with 5mm ride height.
pinggoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 05:17 AM   #12725
tc4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the front and rear arms are interchangable? If so do they make any difference.

Cheers
Old 10-27-2006, 07:28 AM   #12726
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead
Thumbs up

Well, considering that my local carpet track closed down, and the market value of the front motor car has dropped to TC3 terrirtory now that the new rear motor car is doing well, I decided to take a different approach with my car for now...

Using an Xtreme Carbon carpet oval conversion chassis, I'm turning my JRXS into a dirt oval late model stock car. With so many old, unused TC chassis out there, the 4wd late model class in dirt oval is gaining popularity, especially on the hard-pack clay tracks. This car is an odd choice for a dirt chassis, but with proper lexan drivetrain deflectors and the very efficient layout of the car, there is no reason this car won't be really fast on a high-bite clay track.

For now, here's where I'm at...

The car will be set up as a 19T car for now, running hand-grooved foam TC tires (Jaco Pink/Double Pink), with a diff up front, no swaybars and a very soft setup with a relatively tall ride height (7-8mm). The body is being shipped to me right now—it's a 197mm wide late model stock car from Factory Works. It should be a really fun car when it's all done.

doug

[BTW, when I bought my chassis setup second-hand, I got a spare brand new chassis and nerf wing with it... if anyone would like to play with a 4wd oval car, too, shoot me a PM. I don't need the second chassis]
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:03 AM   #12727
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub

Looks very sharp!!........... Keep us posted on it's progress and how it does on race day.

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway / Team Downgrade Designs
Kwikvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 02:25 PM   #12728
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Default Time to Buy?

With the news of the imminent release of the type R version, prices on the JRS-X seem to have dropped so much that I am considering buying a lightly used one to replace the XXX-S G+ I'm running now. My budget is pretty tight for these things and I know I'll never be able to afford a new type R. What do you guys think....time to buy or not?

Steve
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:06 PM   #12729
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM
With the news of the imminent release of the type R version, prices on the JRS-X seem to have dropped so much that I am considering buying a lightly used one to replace the XXX-S G+ I'm running now. My budget is pretty tight for these things and I know I'll never be able to afford a new type R. What do you guys think....time to buy or not?

Steve
You would not be buying a crap car so don't have any worries in picking up one of the old cars for a killer price. You know how it goes, everyone wants the latetest and greatest. I will have one of each for I don't have the disposable income to purchase two of them right away. I still like my old car and some of the parts on the new one will work on the old one and vice versa. Get it, find a setup that works for you and enjoy it.

Last edited by Yeti35; 10-27-2006 at 03:18 PM.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:55 PM   #12730
Tech Elite

Default End of an Era!!!

This past weekend was my final race for the ole JRXS. Two years of hard racing and learning of set-up changes have been invaluable. Not to mention all of the JRXS racers I have met through this venue and during the bracket boom. Thanks to all of you guys here and on JRXS.com for all the support, tech advice, and pure fun that I have become addicted to. I have to pleasure of selling my car to one of my clubs young novice racers who has driven his XXXS this past season to the points win in his class! Next season he will move up to the stock class and I hope I can get him to the front of that class quickly. He is a good kid and his dad is totally supportive and wants to learn about these cars as much as the rest of us addicts here on the forum. Now its just a wait and see game for the new car.

One final note from this past weekend. At this race in Jackson MS., I had the honor to meet face to face with Peter from Australia. Better known in this thread as 2bad. Thanks for your help Peter and hopefully next time we meet, we both can race.

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:02 PM   #12731
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What will be your new ride? Sorry to see you leave the Losi camp.
Tony Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:04 PM   #12732
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think/hope Pook is waiting for a type R
Old 11-07-2006, 09:07 PM   #12733
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Vega
What will be your new ride? Sorry to see you leave the Losi camp.

HANG ON THERE FELLAS !!!!!

Sorry if I gave the impression of leaving! Oh, No!

PookyT is waiting on the Type-R baby!!!! Goot Lawd everything I own in RC since '88 has Losi written all over it! I've got 1 metric wrench to change out motors and thats the way I like it!

Brant

Old 11-07-2006, 09:27 PM   #12734
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
HANG ON THERE FELLAS !!!!!

Sorry if I gave the impression of leaving! Oh, No!

PookyT is waiting on the Type-R baby!!!! Goot Lawd everything I own in RC since '88 has Losi written all over it! I've got 1 metric wrench to change out motors and thats the way I like it!

Brant
I demand a NAME CHANGE for POOKYT in.....................Two weeks.
POOKYT-R is my suggestion.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:30 PM   #12735
Tech Elite

Hmmmmm..........

Howz bout Pookyhara!

Brant