R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-02-2006, 05:13 PM   #12646
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

What pinion should I be running with a 128 spur, 8 single, rubber tires outdoors on asphalt. I was running a 28 tooth and the solder on the brushes and the motor leads melted. I was in secound at the GA state race when my car came to a stop Also what pinion with a 11 single. One more question what could be causing my car to sound like the belt is skipping when I hit the brakes and accelerate hard. I checked the belt and it looks fine and the gears look fine also.
R.Fenstermacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 06:19 PM   #12647
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to RoachRacing Send a message via AIM to RoachRacing Send a message via Yahoo to RoachRacing

i ran my JRX-S in my first race and i have to say im pretty happy with the car i need to get use to the spool but it was pretty fast.
the car was alittle twitchy though its like it had more steering than traction but the back wasnt sliding out every were. i would like to get a more balanced feel any tips.

Tom
RoachRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:07 PM   #12648
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What size track...and what base motor?

You say the belts look fine, how loose are they? You only want a little bit about 3 to 4mm of moveability between up and down when you move the belt with your finger.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:08 PM   #12649
Tech Elite

Roach, the spool will take out some twitchyness as it make the car push in slightly. You could try a thin swaybar up front if you want it to feel more numb.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:17 PM   #12650
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Fenstermacher
What pinion should I be running with a 128 spur, 8 single, rubber tires outdoors on asphalt. I was running a 28 tooth and the solder on the brushes and the motor leads melted. I was in secound at the GA state race when my car came to a stop Also what pinion with a 11 single. One more question what could be causing my car to sound like the belt is skipping when I hit the brakes and accelerate hard. I checked the belt and it looks fine and the gears look fine also.
I have run my 8X1 on our large Beat the Heat track, our medium club track and at this past IIC in Vegas. At all 3 tracks I was able to gear from 27-29 with the 128 spur. My motor is set to 12 deg. timing and it is a DC wound CheckPoint style can. I hope this helps. Make sure your speedo is set to a mod setting and not on a stock motor profile. About your belt.........if it sounds like its skipping on take-off and under bracking then it probably is. Tighten each of them 1 step tighter untill it stops. I have two years of racing on my original belts and you can only notice the slightest wear in them. I doubt if you can tell your skipping your belts by looking at them. Good Luck.

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 05:55 AM   #12651
Tech Initiate

Hello guys.

I have a big indoor carpet race coming up. We have to run CS27 pre-glued rubber tires. Would the "Todd Hodge Testing Stockton CA" setup (http://www.teamlosi.com/pdfs/setups/JRXS/B1.pdf) be a good base to start with ? I loved the Numann setup for asphalt but I have doubts about this one, since it uses the much softer CS22 tyre.
stefke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:03 AM   #12652
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefke
Hello guys.

I have a big indoor carpet race coming up. We have to run CS27 pre-glued rubber tires. Would the "Todd Hodge Testing Stockton CA" setup (http://www.teamlosi.com/pdfs/setups/JRXS/B1.pdf) be a good base to start with ? I loved the Numann setup for asphalt but I have doubts about this one, since it uses the much softer CS22 tyre.
If the traction is there it will be fine setup, the Numan setup that is. I used it two years in row at IIC. I probably should have changed to something else this past year since the traction did not come up like last.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:36 PM   #12653
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracingkid
Roach, the spool will take out some twitchyness as it make the car push in slightly. You could try a thin swaybar up front if you want it to feel more numb.
thanks rcracingkid i will give that i try sorry i was signed in on my bosses name oooppps
tom235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:50 AM   #12654
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefke
Hello guys.

I posted a setup for rubber on carpet a page or so back, Pook and I used it at the iic and the car was great.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:23 AM   #12655
Tech Master

Try this for carpet its awsome you only need to change the spool for diff ifits a tight track

Front:

50wt Oil
15lb Spring
56 Piston
White bladder
2 O-rings above bladder
2mm droop
4 degree caster
1 degree camber
41T spool
.100" shim under high roll center
diff high
middle hole on shock tower
position 5 on camber link - JR Camber link mod, rear tower on the front see:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpos...postcount=10792

and

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpos...postcount=10354

-

Rear:
35wt Oil
12.5lb spring
56 piston

White bladder
2 O-rings above bladder
3mm droop
1.5 degree camber
.040" shim under low roll center
diff high
2 degree inboard toe-in
hole 2 on shock tower
hole 5 camber link

any ballast weight at rear of car (as close to the diff centre line as poss.)

If I've missed anything, email me.
Cheers Malc
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:43 PM   #12656
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracingkid
I posted a setup for rubber on carpet a page or so back, Pook and I used it at the iic and the car was great.

Yup!!! Try both the diff and oneway with the Mike H set-up and drive which ever feels the best for you. The diff felt a little smoother but the oneway was faster. Good Luck

Brant

Old 10-05-2006, 12:05 PM   #12657
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I was picking up some extra parts for my car today from Killer Hobbies and noticed they had a hugh sell on replacement parts. Check it out.

http://www.killerhobbies.com/
ChrisR40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 02:06 PM   #12658
Tech Adept

buy my jrx-s kit!$#%!#%#$%
mcgmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:17 PM   #12659
Tech Elite

Does anybody have a spare chassis or know of one at their LHS that I can buy at some discount over the retail price????? I hate to seem cheap but I only have 3 more races this season. And although my chassis looks OK, I do see the begining of a crack near my front suspension block. I just don't want to have a crash in the last 3 races and let some X-Ray win!!! LOL Please let me know if you guys know of a deal on one. Thanks!!

Brant

Old 10-05-2006, 09:28 PM   #12660
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
Does anybody have a spare chassis or know of one at their LHS that I can buy at some discount over the retail price????? I hate to seem cheap but I only have 3 more races this season. And although my chassis looks OK, I do see the begining of a crack near my front suspension block. I just don't want to have a crash in the last 3 races and let some X-Ray win!!! LOL Please let me know if you guys know of a deal on one. Thanks!!

Brant
How soon you need it?
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote