Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

end of sept/beginning of oct. is the latest word. Lots of cool features will be on the new car.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoyle
We will be moving indoors soon to race on a wooden floor (a school gym). Tyres used are blue Schumacher mini-pins. Has anyone ever raced a JRXS on this type of surface and have any ideas for changes to setup (I currently run the Numan setup outdoors).

Stephen
I have I ran JRXS Bills old car but I couldn't get it to work. I tried most things.
You cant run it too soft as it makes the car skate across the surface. I would suggest 50wt oil to start with and hardish springs. I think I should have persevered a bit more with it as I was the only person with that car at my club.

Tim
Old 08-05-2006, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

Default Diff removal?

I remember reading this someplace, but I can't find it anymore.

What's the best (fastest) way to remove the front diff (ie, chaning from front spool to oneway)? I thought I remember someone having a quick way by only taking off a few screws, vice tearing the whole front end apart - and having to redo all the tweak again.

Thanks.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Hey guys, we have been doing alot of testing lately. We have found that lowering the rear diff and keeping the front high is a huge improvement on the rear engine car. Could you guys give it a try on the front engine car and see what you think?
Ran the diff low on sunday on a tight technical track.

Car seemed more planted and consistent. Had to dial in a little more steering as I thought it lost a little rear rotation...will be running diff low from now on.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sepirts
I remember reading this someplace, but I can't find it anymore.

What's the best (fastest) way to remove the front diff (ie, chaning from front spool to oneway)? I thought I remember someone having a quick way by only taking off a few screws, vice tearing the whole front end apart - and having to redo all the tweak again.

Thanks.

Normaly i remove the 2 front wheels, pop off the ballcups for the front knucles (one side only) Take of the shock tower (4 screws), take off the inner pivot mount on the diff gear side off (2 screws), and wiggle the arm and mount out as an assembly. You can then loosen the accentric and remove the screw in the outdrive/ t nut. Remove the diff. Reassmeble in revers of course. I have never had to retweak or chance any settings, and it only takes about 3 minutes to do.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

Ben - I'm doing the KO GP later this month. Could you PM / email ([email protected]) your current setup for the uk tracks, or your actual WLRC one if you have it.

Many thanks
Oli
Old 08-08-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

Mike, Thanks for the tip on Diff removal.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bigger Brother
Ben - I'm doing the KO GP later this month. Could you PM / email ([email protected]) your current setup for the uk tracks, or your actual WLRC one if you have it.

Many thanks
Oli
Believe it or not, its actually very close to the setup I posted earlier this year...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...12#post2210812

A good starter at least
Old 08-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by J A M I N
Believe it or not, its actually very close to the setup I posted earlier this year...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...12#post2210812

A good starter at least
Hi Ben
Used your setup in total this weekend at West London which means I put the posts back in the rear deck! and used 3 droop in the rear instead of 4, what a difference to the car, take a look at my times at WLRC for last week and see how close I was. I was only .5 off of TQ in the first round and that was coz I was talking through half of the race lol. Did you see the results of Snet?
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
Old 08-08-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigger Brother

Many thanks
Oli
KO GP at Tamiya/Aliso Viejo? Spec? I recommend you start with Kyle Bergstrom's 2006 Reedy Race setup. And Sorex 36 tires...check out JRXS.com

http://www.jrxs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=701
Old 08-09-2006, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Car seemed more planted and consistent. Had to dial in a little more steering as I thought it lost a little rear rotation...will be running diff low from now on.
YEP!!........... For now on. That was the difference for me.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

todd hodge ... ygm buddy
Old 08-09-2006, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Guys - when you talk about running the diff low does that mean rotating the diff to the low position or turning the blocks upside down?
Old 08-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoyle
Guys - when you talk about running the diff low does that mean rotating the diff to the low position or turning the blocks upside down?
Rotate the diff, not the blocks.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:08 AM
tc4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi everyone just wondering does anyone have any ideas on how i can get my car dialed. I am using the Numan set-up but on a low grip track. I want my car to turn in a bit harder cause it seems to push a little and i want more drive out of the corners. Would it be worth buying a front one-way or running a spool instead of a ball diff?

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.