R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-18-2006, 07:12 PM   #11956
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to CraigX

My car at the nats was just underweight with KO electronics, two fans and a stock motor. I had to add 10g which put it around 1527-1530g the scales read different everytime I went up and I wanted to be on the safe side.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:15 PM   #11957
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just weighed my car, 1538 with a stock Wow my car is a pig!
Old 06-18-2006, 07:54 PM   #11958
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thats a nice looking ride Doug.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:45 PM   #11959
Tech Elite

Apex--She looks good buddy!!! You need to boil those pulleys in some Rit dye to make them red too! Do that and get the red PRS adapter and it will have to be faster!!! LOL I like that top deck as well!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:12 AM   #11960
Tech Initiate

Hello all.

After years of intense use, i retired my AE TC4 and decided to get a new TC. This time i wanted a belt car. I wanted something different then all the trf415's, Xray's and other Cyclone lookalikes over here and decided to get the JRX-S (reading this forum did help me to decide )

It's my first Losi car since the XX buggy I had in the 90'ies (loved that car !). I liked the original design of the JRX and decided to give it a try, despite the news that a rear motor car is coming.

I have a few questions though :

• I'm going to build the car this week. I have a LRP 4* BL system. Since the BL ESC is rather large, I wonder if there's enough room beside the rear belt to install the ESC ? I don't like elektronics outside the protection of the chassis.
  • Is the Numan setup you all talk about here a good base setting for the rather bumpy european tracks and for parking lot racing ?
  • Is there any use for the one-way front diff or do you all use the front spool ?

I hope this car is going to be a good return to the Losi side of town.
stefke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:23 AM   #11961
Tech Initiate

Cheers Craig, thanks for the help. I'll finish setting her up tonight and let you know how it goes
speedfreakUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:13 PM   #11962
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to mainracer

Here is a video of me racing my JRXS-R in march. I was racing against Paul Lemieux and Scotty Ernst was the annoncer. I am the green car. I admit my start was not the cleanest of all but I got what I deserve at the end of the race even tho we don't see it

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFIkSecPmSI

AE / Reedy / LRP

KOpropo / Much-More / Parma PSE / Protoform / APS ceramic Bearing / BawdyShop / Fastcats / Dekelz
mainracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:12 PM   #11963
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefke
Hello all.

After years of intense use, i retired my AE TC4 and decided to get a new TC. This time i wanted a belt car. I wanted something different then all the trf415's, Xray's and other Cyclone lookalikes over here and decided to get the JRX-S (reading this forum did help me to decide )

It's my first Losi car since the XX buggy I had in the 90'ies (loved that car !). I liked the original design of the JRX and decided to give it a try, despite the news that a rear motor car is coming.

I have a few questions though :

• I'm going to build the car this week. I have a LRP 4* BL system. Since the BL ESC is rather large, I wonder if there's enough room beside the rear belt to install the ESC ? I don't like elektronics outside the protection of the chassis.
  • Is the Numan setup you all talk about here a good base setting for the rather bumpy european tracks and for parking lot racing ?
  • Is there any use for the one-way front diff or do you all use the front spool ?

I hope this car is going to be a good return to the Losi side of town.

Stefke--Welcome aboard the JRXS train brother!!!

On the speedo size, I think you may want to make a small platform out of CCF or Kydex to mount your speedo on so the platform will guard your speedo. I have run a Tekin G-10 before and just a little of it hung off of the chassis. I have seen a few guys with big speedos do the platform thingy with great results. Yes I would go any where and start with the Numan set-up! As for the one-way vs. the spool, its going to be up to your track layout and what you feel comfortable driving. Good luck and talk to us in here and on JRXS.com if you have any more ( and I'm sure you will ) questions!!

Brant

Old 06-19-2006, 05:14 PM   #11964
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainracer
Here is a video of me racing my JRXS-R in march. I was racing against Paul Lemieux and Scotty Ernst was the annoncer. I am the green car. I admit my start was not the cleanest of all but I got what I deserve at the end of the race even tho we don't see it

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFIkSecPmSI

Cool vid Kevin!!!! The start was Paulie's fault since he fell asleep at the tone!!!! LMAO So.........what did happen to you at the end that we didn't get to see????????

Brant

Old 06-19-2006, 07:22 PM   #11965
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Got the pm Pooky thanks dude
Old 06-19-2006, 07:27 PM   #11966
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Man i thought that was video of me last weekend That is awesome
Old 06-19-2006, 07:40 PM   #11967
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve eaves
Got the pm Pooky thanks dude

An update to that set-up man!!!! Use 70wt oil and 25 lbs springs in the front and you will be Pimp--ER!!! I was told it would smooth the car out just a touch!!

Brant

Old 06-20-2006, 05:08 AM   #11968
tc4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi all,
I went racing with my JRX-S and it was awsome. I used basically the Numan setup and it was exellent. We have 4 qualifying races and 1 final. In the first 4 races i placed 1st, 3rd, 2nd and 2nd. It put me 4th on the grid in the final and i placed 1st in the final. The car handled awsome. I also managed to beat my personl best by 1 second.

I am so happy with the car and i can't wait till next race.

Thankyou to all the people who have helped me out.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:40 PM   #11969
Tech Elite

tc4--Great to hear of your win!!!! Glad we could help too!! Keep an eye on those front drives as with the spool they will wer fairly fast. A lil slop is OK but don't let it get too much. Plus, be sure to keep the LCD rebuild kit in your box just in case. I was very fortunate with my first set of LCD's as I made it through all of last year with only 1 rebuild on them. I put in a new set this winter for carpet racing and I keep the original ones for spares in my box. Good Luck!

Brant

Old 06-21-2006, 11:08 PM   #11970
Tech Adept

so i'm in need of a new car, and i was hoping to get a rough eta on the release date of the rear motor version like todd is sporting..... i'm wanting to go lipoly, and i think the rear motor would balance the car better. i know they like to keep it secret, but if anyone has info let me know. but i guess a t2 is'nt all bad either....
thanks.
lonepalm4 is offline   Reply With Quote