Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Caught a late flight out of Cali Monday, went straight to work from the airport...now it's bedtime. Haven't slept since waking up at 8am PST Monday morning, now on the east coast and about to pass out. The Nats was an awesome race and I couldn't ask for anything more out of my JRXS. It was dialed and absolutely competitive against some of the best stock racers out there. I will post a setup when I wake up, hopefully sometime tomorrow.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Yup, it was a fun B-main, too. I was running a rented car last time out at IRP, and it was a XXXS I had never seen before, with a foreign setup on it. I never got comfortable with it, and didn't want to mess with it long term, so...

I had previously owned a JRXS for a while (but never ran it) and decided to trade it for a MF2 to focus on off road racing. Considering the lack of attendance for OR and the SSSLLLLOOOOOWWWW progress being made at Leisure Hours, I decided that racing anything was better than nothing, so I re-acquired a JRXS.

Depending on how everything rolls out this weekend, I may run off road Saturday, or throw down the maiden voyage of the JRXS on Sunday in mod rubber. If I can get a body painted before the weekend, I'm actually looking forward to asphalt again.

doug
Old 06-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Yup, it was a fun B-main, too. I was running a rented car last time out at IRP, and it was a XXXS I had never seen before, with a foreign setup on it. I never got comfortable with it, and didn't want to mess with it long term, so...

I had previously owned a JRXS for a while (but never ran it) and decided to trade it for a MF2 to focus on off road racing. Considering the lack of attendance for OR and the SSSLLLLOOOOOWWWW progress being made at Leisure Hours, I decided that racing anything was better than nothing, so I re-acquired a JRXS.

Depending on how everything rolls out this weekend, I may run off road Saturday, or throw down the maiden voyage of the JRXS on Sunday in mod rubber. If I can get a body painted before the weekend, I'm actually looking forward to asphalt again.

doug
I'll have to take your word on the B-main being fun. I blew up my motor 5 laps into it. Oh well. I picked up a DC Checkpoint 9x2 and put a couple runs on it Sunday after the Pro Series mains wrapped up. Looking forward to putting it throught its paces in a race. See ya Sunday if you can make it!

Chuck C.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I hope your right Doug. I got a half dozen banking on that car/combo and I'm not disappointed yet. Still working on a decent asphalt setup with 30 tires and very little traction, but its getting close, gotta play with some more of that roll center spacing or Pookyt will smack me.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

SMACK!! SMACK!!

Brant
Old 06-13-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SoCalMitch
Has anyone heard if and when Losi might release an updated Kit with all the new parts that the factory driver are using? I was not a big fan of the kit because it had some issues when it first came out, but now it looks a lot better. The rear engine setup looks great, at least the car does not look like a clone of every other car.
ya pooky is right, now that they have moved the motor to the rear, shortened the diffs, and made the arms longer, its getting to look more and more like the old hpi pro 3, and it even seems to be working better :P:P
Old 06-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mdoc
ya pooky is right, now that they have moved the motor to the rear, shortened the diffs, and made the arms longer, its getting to look more and more like the old hpi pro 3, and it even seems to be working better :P:P

AH...Ya thread jumper!!!!! Go back to the T2 thread!!!!

I want the new car in a bad way! Not because I need it! But.......because I WANT it!!! I realize that TC racing today seems to be the chassis of the month club, but , After 2 seasons with the front motor car I will be ready for the new model. I promise you guys that in the past season and a half that if my car was not the best or I was not the fastest at a race, it was not the fault of the car!!!! Some of the blame is the driver and most of the blame is the tunner!

Malc--Don't steal my lines Bubba!!!

The new car should be out in 2 weeks!!......Uh.....I mean in September! LOL

Brant
Old 06-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Any of you guys who are looking for a great 2 day race in the first weekend of August, I know you would have a blast with us in Memphis at our annual Beat the Heat race. Last year we had 115 entries and this year we will be close to if not over 150. Also, Curtis and Greg Hodapp(sp?) from DC Motorsports along with Eric Anderson of EA Motorsports will be in this race. We have confirmed several racers from Arkansas-Texas-Oklahoma-Louisiana-Tennessee-Alabama-Mississppi-Florida. Maybe even more but we can't keep up with all the entries at the moment. I personally would love to invite all of you guys with the JRXS's to come and help me battle the sea of X-Rays and Yoks and AE cars that will be there. Here is the race flyer.......

http://www.msra-racing.com/2006bth/bth06_flyer1.pdf

Brant
Old 06-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Any questions on our Beat the Heat race please PM me and I will answer all who ask!

Also, here is our thread covering this race.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...=100671&page=1

Brant
Old 06-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Motor coolers...

Just wanted to let the JRXS owners out there know that I am working together with Crazy Ronny, manufacturer of the Crazy Motor Freezer product, to create a dedicated JRXS version. We will also develop an integrated/optional car stand to accompany it and it WILL be compatible with the 'yet-to-be-released' rear motor chassis, too.

Here is a link to Ronny's site

http://www.crazyrcracing.com/1.html

And a discussion thread here on RCTech:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103920
Old 06-13-2006, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

J.--Keep us posted and when its ready to ship. Thanks Bro

Brant
Old 06-14-2006, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigX
Caught a late flight out of Cali Monday, went straight to work from the airport...now it's bedtime. Haven't slept since waking up at 8am PST Monday morning, now on the east coast and about to pass out. The Nats was an awesome race and I couldn't ask for anything more out of my JRXS. It was dialed and absolutely competitive against some of the best stock racers out there. I will post a setup when I wake up, hopefully sometime tomorrow.
Congrats Craig!!!!
Old 06-14-2006, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

to my knowledge, the rear motor car was using the same a-arms as the mid motor car but with the newer more forgiving material up until the nationals. the front arms were still the same design but the rears were prototype nylon (white) arms.

i got a chance to run the new arms and front spool rings on my car. awesome. i did my usual "stress testing" during practice and didn't break a thing. swr is my home track and i've gone through a few arms up to the nats. the spool rings lock the diff up nice and tight but you can feel a little give by hand of you crank on it.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

The white arms some were running are just a longer arm, we have run them up front on carpet and mellowed the car out, these seemed to give the car more turn in when running them on the rear, just another tuning option to look for
Old 06-14-2006, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
The white arms some were running are just a longer arm, we have run them up front on carpet and mellowed the car out, these seemed to give the car more turn in when running them on the rear, just another tuning option to look for
do these longer arms get used with narrower inner pivots? or is that why rear motor losi's were barely fitting into the roar box last weekend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.