Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

The last time I saw damage anything like that I crashed a Losi XXX over a large double (with a 9 turn in it) from about 5 feet in the air!!! I managed to land it on the rear wheel ripping the hinge pins out in the process.

... but your crash is much better

... how much did that cost to fix

Stephen
Old 05-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you look, the diff acentric is snapped and the whole diff assembly is shifted to the left. The pulley is warped because it is hitting the shock tower and lower cut out in the chassis. Believe it or not it was just a brush. I did not hit that hard but it did hit at just the right angle.

As I told Todd, When I pulled it away from the wall it looked like a NASCAR that has "pan-caked" the outside wall. It was really kinda kool looking. The worst thing about it was I had just run a lap faster than my track record and during this run I was running a lap faster than that. I was on pace to put 2 laps on my track record and at the 3:15 mark brushed the inside wall and it shot me to the outside (12 foot lanes) where I kissed the wall off of turn 4.

It should not cost too much thanks to sponsors!
Old 05-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tornado_Racing
It should not cost too much thanks to sponsors!
Gotta get me a ride like that.....
Old 05-01-2006, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

KB-I hear that there will be electric on-road racing at One Eighth Racers track (Woodville) on Saturdays. Since your local-do you mind doing some research? I finshed up my rubber tire basher tonight (Losi XXXS G+).
Old 05-02-2006, 03:24 AM
Tech Master

I race oval with my JRX-S and here are a few pics of my car after a "Brush with the Wall"!

Very impresive TR
Well if your gona do it, do it in BIG style
TCCFM
Old 05-02-2006, 03:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayhuang
KB-I hear that there will be electric on-road racing at One Eighth Racers track (Woodville) on Saturdays. Since your local-do you mind doing some research? I finshed up my rubber tire basher tonight (Losi XXXS G+).

I think all the research i can do.. is done.. For some odd reason, they race on saturdays at noon. I work saturdays. Game over.

They are running on the 1/8th scale track.. shorten'd. I really wanted to run there but schedules just werent working. If they wanted to begin racing at 7pm like every other saturday venue i have been to, i would be there every week. I dont think its possible- schedulewise. (I think they would get a lot more people at this time, rather than noon). If you come up, let me know.. ill try to stop by.

I have throw rubber/asphalt out for the summer. I will be doing CEFX carpet to prep for vegas..

KB
Old 05-02-2006, 04:17 AM
tc4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That looks like a very hard 'Brush'.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:28 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for everyone's help before, I changed the wheelbase and camber on the car and it was on rails yesterday. Qualified 4th finished 5th not too bad a result for me, car was sooo easy to drive just needed a better driver

Oli
Old 05-02-2006, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

Default Motor Cooling Fan

Hi all

I am contemplating putting a fan onto the JrXs for Stock racing but not sure which way to go.

I see most of you prefer 40mm x 40mm 5Vdc fans mounted on the top deck. What type of mods have you made to lift the fan base off the deck to allow better airflow?

Would an endbell fan be a better choice?

Some pics please

Thanks

Rinkrat
Old 05-02-2006, 08:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rinkrat99
Hi all

I am contemplating putting a fan onto the JrXs for Stock racing but not sure which way to go.

I see most of you prefer 40mm x 40mm 5Vdc fans mounted on the top deck. What type of mods have you made to lift the fan base off the deck to allow better airflow?

Some pics please

Thanks

Rinkrat

Simple look no further than www.coolcanfan.com and all is revealed.

Slim has a new top deck with fans built in specailly for the JRXS
Old 05-02-2006, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Fans on the endbell is a better choice, although anything you mount on the side of the chassis/around the endbell is going to be very vulnerable to damage from side impacts. Whereas, top deck mounting will be very safe from damage.

Hi all

Some pics please

Thanks

Rinkrat
Old 05-02-2006, 08:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have found the Trinity Cobolt fans move the most air. I used to run my fans off a 6.0 volt receiver pack. Now they are wired to the battery leads on the speedo with a switch. At 7.2 volts the fans pull .6 amps. Under load the radio gear pulls about 1 amp. So wiring the fans into the speedo and using a receiver pack to run the radio gear has reduced the amp load by almost half and I'm getting an extra 1.2 volts through the fans.

I have one fan blowing air into the endbell (cooling the com and brushes) and the other fan pulls the air from the can (vent holes push air out of the can).
Old 05-02-2006, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

I have one fan blowing air into the endbell (cooling the com and brushes) and the other fan pulls the air from the can (vent holes push air out of the can).

This is the same way that I have mine set up- one forcing air onto the endbell and the other, drawing hot air AWAY from the endbell. This is the optimal configuration...it is MORE effective to draw hot air AWAY from the endbell than to force air onto it.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by J.Filipow
This is the same way that I have mine set up- one forcing air onto the endbell and the other, drawing hot air AWAY from the endbell. This is the optimal configuration...it is MORE effective to draw hot air AWAY from the endbell than to force air onto it.
With my fan set up one is directly over the endbell and one is directly over the can.

In the last pic you can see the chassis cut out to accept the Much More motor freezer as well.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Hi all

Some pics please

Thanks

Rinkrat
The JRX-S Intergrated Cool-Can-Fan is a great help with the heat reduction within the motor magnets and endbell, the heat reduction is reduced upto 50% (depending on your gearing) keeping the motor to its optimum by sucking in cool air and blowing onto the motor and endbell. I have done many experiments with which way the fans should face and blowing onto the motor is by far the best, and also after racing the fans are still running and cooling the parts down so as to be able to work on them after you finished marshalling
I have sold in exess of 1500 kits to date since selling the CCF's I personally run 2 cars and would not be without them on any car. Ask Pookyt what his thoughts are
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN

Take a look at our site there are many many others to see
I have just disigned one for the RC LAB

From the web site
Ok lets give you the low down on the Cool-Can-Fan kit, First of other makes of fans are of a ball bearing construction and WILL NOT work efficiently! as there make up will not allow the fan to work at its optimum because of the magnetic field within the motor. The magnets within the motor have a north and south pole divide, this is where the problem lies, as the magnets are trying to stall the fans at ALL times, I know this from experience as I had purchased a large number of the other fans myself and had to return them because of this situation. It has taken me to pattern up for each individual car a vast amount of time, so as to make sure that the fixings are correct and that there is NO drilling or filling needed as you locate the genuine carbon fibre bracket onto existing fixture points onto each individual model of car. Going back to the fan scenario, The fans we now use are far slimmer and far superior to the other cooling fans that are sold, the fans that come with the CCF are what's called a vapo make up, there are also sleeve bearing versions to, as you can see we have done our home work on this product and have sold over 700 kits to date since March 2005. They are sold all around the world including Australia :-) our fan's specifications are; 25x25x6mm (far slimmer than other makes of fan) 5 volt, variety, produce 2.2 cfm and run at a constant 11,000 rpm at a flat out running time of 1,000 hours. With regards to the clip on type of cooling fans that are available, the first thing that this product does, is to cover up the vent holes in your motor! which does not let the air circulate as the motor has been designed to do. The heat sink part of this item can move at any given time and sometimes come off in a crash. In some case even if you wanted to use a clip on fan, you couldn't, as some of the cars would not be able to be fitted to them, so this is another reason for the CCF all brackets are dedicated to each individual car, and fit precisely. There are many top team racers out there that use our CCF's Russell Williams Cyclone, Jason Butterfield Schumacher, Mark Burgess Schumacher, Stuart Rand Yokomo BD, Chris Kerswell Corally, Rob Baxter, and many more to boot. So you see its not just a gimmick and a bit of bling, it does actually work, and for the money you save on brushes and not having the motor go soft on you its WORTH every penny :-)

Regards Malcolm
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS-jrxs-ccf.jpg  

Last edited by TheCoolCanFanMan; 05-02-2006 at 11:14 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.