R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-21-2006, 08:56 AM   #11491
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
Yea rear tower on the front car seemed slow to drive, but when i looked at my lap times and had put that thin roll bar on the front, i had gained 7 seconds from my best time without it.
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
Malc,

Can I ask what 19t motors you and Ben were using and what gearing?

Cheers,
Stephen
scoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 10:55 AM   #11492
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Bad
Guys,
Need some advice on what is causing this to happen to my tire....

This is my left front tire and it's had 6 packs... Tire is a Sorex 36 with a Xenon Black insert. The other tires are fine. It looks like it's overheated, but usually it seems to have peeled from the centre line of the tire....

2-Bad- That doesn't look too bad for a 6 run tire, in my opinion...there isn't even any 'graining' on the tire yet. I run the same tire at an indoor track in So Cal and they certainly don't look that good after 6 runs. And I NEVER rotate my tires, BTW; they are always labeled 'left front, right front', etc and always stay that way.

RC America / XRayUSA / Hudy / Motiv / Avid / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 11:57 AM   #11493
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoyle
Malc,

Can I ask what 19t motors you and Ben were using and what gearing?

Cheers,
Stephen
Trinity Chameleon2

41/118 = 5.27
Old 04-21-2006, 02:04 PM   #11494
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to TAMIYAMANUK

hi there guys am from the uk and am just woundering really how good is the jxrs just before i might buy one if you can talk me out off it or in to it?

just would like some pointers good/bad?

cheers
tamiyamanuk
TAMIYAMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:10 PM   #11495
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMIYAMANUK
hi there guys am from the uk and am just woundering really how good is the jxrs just before i might buy one if you can talk me out off it or in to it?

just would like some pointers good/bad?

cheers
tamiyamanuk
I ran my JRXS last week having moved from a Tamiya TRF415 MSX and it was fantastic with the kit setup - I would say as good as my tuned 415.

The car went together really well and for me it just feels smooth and predictable. Great car - recommend it (and we could do with as much support as possible in the UK!!)

Stephen
Old 04-21-2006, 02:26 PM   #11496
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to TAMIYAMANUK

is the car a good setup straight out the box or could be improved?

ash
TAMIYAMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:46 PM   #11497
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMIYAMANUK
is the car a good setup straight out the box or could be improved?

ash
I built the car as per kit setup and it was fantastic for the track I was on last week. I am racing on a less well prepared (read bumpy/rough) this weekend so I am sure I will make a few changes such as kickup, softer oil/springs. But it is defintely the best car I have driven in a while... and the last three cars I had before the JRXS were a Pro4, an RDX and a 415MSX

The batteries and motor in the middle make the car transition from side to side very well and the car accelerates very quickly indeed.

Great car, go on go for it - you know you want to!!
Old 04-21-2006, 03:51 PM   #11498
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Question... Which hole in your front hubs does your steering linkage go to? Are you running a diff, spool or one-way?

Bill
Bill,
My steering link is mounted in the back position and I'm running a spool (per the Numan setup). I've never seen this sort of tire degradation before, generally its across the entire wide of the tire .
Old 04-21-2006, 03:58 PM   #11499
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Filipow
2-Bad- That doesn't look too bad for a 6 run tire, in my opinion...there isn't even any 'graining' on the tire yet. I run the same tire at an indoor track in So Cal and they certainly don't look that good after 6 runs. And I NEVER rotate my tires, BTW; they are always labeled 'left front, right front', etc and always stay that way.
This is the second set of tires this has happen too, and a fellow racers (running a Cyclone) is also getting the same wear, but some others are getting 20 runs and more from there tires . So you think this is normal and the tire is overheating and I should run larger holes in the rim...
Old 04-21-2006, 04:07 PM   #11500
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Bad
This is the second set of tires this has happen too, and a fellow racers (running a Cyclone) is also getting the same wear, but some others are getting 20 runs and more from there tires . So you think this is normal and the tire is overheating and I should run larger holes in the rim...
personally, i think you need more front traction and less wheel (steering throw).

your description says you have to turn the wheel too far to get the car to turn effectivley. dial more steering into the chassis and your tires should last as long as others are getting.

P.S.. these are just thoughts, i have not had rubber experience in years..
Keith
Old 04-21-2006, 04:20 PM   #11501
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Keith maan.

Hey Keith maan I jus come in from sailin da ocean near St.Croix, any ways maan, where are you located.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 04:36 PM   #11502
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Keih-I just had the worst hour of RC!!! I broke the car twice and bent the steering rack-what the heck is wrong with me? NO mo jo. Anyways-I know the set-ups got a lot of potential. Lots of steering!! I changed my bump steer and that was really big. More like how your set-up.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 04:36 PM   #11503
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
personally, i think you need more front traction and less wheel (steering throw).

your description says you have to turn the wheel too far to get the car to turn effectivley. dial more steering into the chassis and your tires should last as long as others are getting.
Yes you're probably right... I've heard this discussion before and struggle with not have 100% steering throw. It's probably a psychological barrier . I need some couch work
Old 04-21-2006, 05:04 PM   #11504
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Here are a few links and pics of the KB rear shock mod w/rear sway bar.

Mount Spacer
Sway Bar Kit

Bolt the spacers/stand-offs to the tower and using a second plastic bar as a backing mount the two w/bar to the spacers/stand-offs. These spacers/stand-offs give the perfect spacing as the link will mount even on the bar giving you options of moving the link to the end of the bar or in closer to the pivot.

Another thing I have found with the KB rear shock mod is if you drill the body mount for a lower second hole and use a pair of the included front/rear pivot 2-hole spacers in between the body mount and shock tower, this will give a perfect centered body mount. to keep the mount straight install a second screw in the new hole. (look at body mounts in the pics below) You can go back to the stock rear shock tower/mount position without redrilling holes in the body. To re-install the stock tower/shock location just remove the 2-hole shim/spacer and install the body mount on the front of the tower. It will line up with the body holes perfect.

PRS - Hyperdrive - EA Motorsports - Corally USA - Parma/Faskolor - SMC - Killer Koncepts - MSA - Finishline - IRS - Lunsford - Trinity - Guarantee Graphix - RC4Less
Tornado_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 05:21 PM   #11505
Tech Adept

CoolcanFanMan/Malcolm...who's ya mate!? LOFL!
Attached Thumbnails
Team Losi JRXS-img_2420.jpg