R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-08-2006, 03:42 PM   #11356
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigger Brother
Can someone remind me the distance between the 2 holes on a set of brackets.
7 mm
Old 04-08-2006, 04:53 PM   #11357
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother

Thanks!

Oli
Old 04-08-2006, 05:36 PM   #11358
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Bad
7 mm

NOPE!!! Its .275 inch!!! LMAO

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:56 PM   #11359
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Josh told me at the Birds in 05' he was running 48 pitch because he was ripping teeth off 64's under heavy braking.

PRS - Hyperdrive - EA Motorsports - Corally USA - Parma/Faskolor - SMC - Killer Koncepts - MSA - Finishline - IRS - Lunsford - Trinity - Guarantee Graphix - RC4Less
Tornado_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:04 PM   #11360
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado_Racing
Josh told me at the Birds in 05' he was running 48 pitch because he was ripping teeth off 64's under heavy braking.

Hey Tony!!!! When ever the rear motor car is released, I'm going to convert my front motor car to oval. You gonna hook a brother up with the hot roundy-round set up? Later man.

Brant

Old 04-08-2006, 06:41 PM   #11361
Tech Fanatic

Just let me know what color! [email protected]

PRS - Hyperdrive - EA Motorsports - Corally USA - Parma/Faskolor - SMC - Killer Koncepts - MSA - Finishline - IRS - Lunsford - Trinity - Guarantee Graphix - RC4Less
Tornado_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 03:28 PM   #11362
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

The JRXS ran great again last night. Had speedo problems in the mian but it was on rails on super high bite asphalt. Need a tick more steering but I think if I compound the whole front tire it will be about perfect. Just running a modified Numan setup with some little changes to meet the condidtions of are track. Car is just getting better. I was really surprised last night with my car.

I did run the front camber mod and found that it didn't change the car alot other than it was just smoother overall to drive fast and consistant. I also raised the rear camber link to #3 position. It seemed to let the rear end come around a little better.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 04:27 PM   #11363
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd
The JRXS ran great again last night. Had speedo problems in the mian but it was on rails on super high bite asphalt. Need a tick more steering but I think if I compound the whole front tire it will be about perfect. Just running a modified Numan setup with some little changes to meet the condidtions of are track. Car is just getting better. I was really surprised last night with my car.

I did run the front camber mod and found that it didn't change the car alot other than it was just smoother overall to drive fast and consistant. I also raised the rear camber link to #3 position. It seemed to let the rear end come around a little better.
Since it was high bite and you needed a lil more steering, you might try standing the front shocks up 1 hole or running 1 weight higher on your shocks. Every time I have been in a high bite track, my car seemed to need to roll just a touch less to get my steering back. Good Run and good luck next time. Keep us posted!

Brant

Old 04-09-2006, 05:52 PM   #11364
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
Since it was high bite and you needed a lil more steering, you might try standing the front shocks up 1 hole or running 1 weight higher on your shocks. Every time I have been in a high bite track, my car seemed to need to roll just a touch less to get my steering back. Good Run and good luck next time. Keep us posted!

Brant
Next time I go back I will try moving the shock out one and see what happens. Some good ideas you gave me to try. I was trying stuff every round thats for sure.

I did try running a 2 degree front pivot block to sweep the arms back some and that also made the car alot better going in for me but with the camber link mod it still kept my car smooth. I did go faster overall than I did last week. I went about 5 seconds faster or so which stepped me up a lap. In the 3rd round I was going even faster but my speedo went bad ( thought it was my motor but out after the main is was the speedo) when I would of ran another few seconds faster. Good thing is the car is repsonding to my changes good/bad I see a differance every run.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 06:08 PM   #11365
Tech Elite

If you make the shock change and its better but not much or you lean the shocks in 1 hole and get the same results, then I would remove one of the thick roll center shims and replace it with the thinner one. If you need steering overall then drop the front roll center. If the front is fine and the rear is loose then raise the rear roll center. Once you get it close then you can fine tune with the shock angles and camber links. LOL Sounds like you has a full day with the adjustments and some electric troubles. Hang in there and it will get better.

Brant

Old 04-09-2006, 06:27 PM   #11366
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd
I did run the front camber mod and found that it didn't change the car alot other than it was just smoother overall to drive fast and consistant.
I only run Modified as well and I know a lot like the JR Mod but I've had it in & out several times now, and I think I prefer it out . The car in the standard front camber link setup just seems more agile and responsive... and has improved low speed steering......
Old 04-09-2006, 06:31 PM   #11367
Tech Elite

Not sure if anyone is in need of a rubber tire high bite setup or not now, but here is 1 that worked very well for me after a few race days.

It is for high bite carpet, Stock motor with either cs 22/ rp 24/ or cs27 it works fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Losi JRXS-rubber-high-bite.gif  
Old 04-09-2006, 06:32 PM   #11368
Tech Elite

Quote:
I only run Modified as well and I know a lot like the JR Mod but I've had it in & out several times now, and I think I prefer it out . The car in the standard front camber link setup just seems more agile and responsive... and has improved low speed steering......

WELL !!!!! Thats just 2-Bad isn't it??!! LMAO

What tires are you guys running over there??

Brant

Old 04-09-2006, 06:33 PM   #11369
Tech Elite

Quote:
I did not like the mod at all untill i made a rear shock tower camber location setup to acompany it. With the link really long to the normal mounts i just hated the feel, with the shortest hole from the rear tower, i liked #6, it seemed to work very well for me.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:34 PM   #11370
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracingkid
Not sure if anyone is in need of a rubber tire high bite setup or not now, but here is 1 that worked very well for me after a few race days.

It is for high bite carpet, Stock motor with either cs 22/ rp 24/ or cs27 it works fine.
That looks good! It also looks like a eally good asphalt set-up too. Did you run Vegas this year? I'm hoping to go and I want to run rubber tires. This looks like a good starting point. Thanks for the post

Brant