R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-01-2006, 11:42 PM   #11266
Tech Elite

I dunno bout the tires but that is the famous " Green Car ".

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:47 PM   #11267
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
No real info other than I suspect we will soon see a rear motor version very similar to Todds Carpet Nats car. Or, take a look at the green car on JRXS.com and then vision it with the longer cvd's and short diffs. I'm with you on the LiPo's but I really think that we are a good year from it and brushless taking a strong hold with the sanctioning bodies. All across the country the LiPo's are gaining respect and trust along with the brushless. Change just takes time. I have not had one of the Orion LiPo's in my hand but from the pics I bet with just a lil Dremel work( I do mean a little) the pack could be made to fit the current car.

Brant

OOOOOOOOPPSS !!!!!!!! LOL It may come sooner than I thought!!
Check this out!
http://www.teamlosi.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSA0096

Brant

Old 04-02-2006, 12:28 AM   #11268
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Is this the car? I noticed a 2x sticker in the right front tire. Is that a different tire that jaco is coming out with? Looks like the orange on the car is a little larger than normal...

http://rc50.com/modules.php?name=cop...bum=25&pos=213
Those tires are double pink orange jaco's the 2x is just noteing the double.

wonder who runs green in their paint scheme? Hmmmm

TLR / Team Orion / Spektrum / AKA / TEKIN / Horizon Hobby / upgrade rc / AVID / SCH / SPY / HAL'S HOBBY WAREHOUSE

Last edited by CaseyP; 04-02-2006 at 01:10 AM.
CaseyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:44 AM   #11269
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Is this the car? I noticed a 2x sticker in the right front tire. Is that a different tire that jaco is coming out with? Looks like the orange on the car is a little larger than normal...

http://rc50.com/modules.php?name=cop...bum=25&pos=213
Jaco just printed 2x on a lot of the pink stickers to signify double pink rather than having 2 pink dots. Those are normal double pink orange wraps if I'm seeing it right.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:04 AM   #11270
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

The guy with the ceramic balls is Bill Riggins. If you sent money via PayPal, you should be able to find him in your payees list.
Thanks for the info, JRX-S Bill. I do hope that All Speed comes about. Since I'm getting frastraded/lazier about driving around the bayarea. Been talking to Wes's sister-in-law and she thinks it will be near the See's candy shop near Tanforan or the near the See's warehouse on Airport Blvd.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:27 AM   #11271
Tech Adept

Hi Guys
Can anyone help me with the part no. for replacement out drives on a JRXS front oneway, as I broke one last night
cheers
Geoff
losiboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:50 PM   #11272
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

LOSA3353 Front One-Way Outdrive Set, JRXS.

Kraig
KT Hobbies

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 02:26 PM   #11273
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig
LOSA3353 Front One-Way Outdrive Set, JRXS.

Kraig
KT Hobbies
Thanks Kraig, I'll get a set ordered in the morning
Geoff
losiboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:04 AM   #11274
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Hey pooky is there just a standard cvd for the jrxs?Front's i mean if so do you know the part#
Old 04-03-2006, 12:37 PM   #11275
Tech Regular

Had a complete disaster this weekend with the car. Now I can say I can get the car to work MOST of the time, but this weekend...

The track (pictured a couple of pages ago) was slightly damp and rather cold and I could just not get the car to work!!! Ended up in the (cough) E-Final along with another Losi driver who was having a 'mare too!

Tried nearly every technique there is known to man to get the rear end to stick but every time I put the power down it would step out and end up on the grass!

I started off using the Numan setup with the camber link mod on CS22s. Luckily I have about a month till the next round of the championship to get the damn thing sorted.

Carpet all the way!
JRXS_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 12:47 PM   #11276
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would take off the JR front top link then, and go to a regular ballcup setup.....worked for me in that situation.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:43 PM   #11277
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
Had a complete disaster this weekend with the car. Now I can say I can get the car to work MOST of the time, but this weekend...

The track (pictured a couple of pages ago) was slightly damp and rather cold and I could just not get the car to work!!! Ended up in the (cough) E-Final along with another Losi driver who was having a 'mare too!

Tried nearly every technique there is known to man to get the rear end to stick but every time I put the power down it would step out and end up on the grass!

I started off using the Numan setup with the camber link mod on CS22s. Luckily I have about a month till the next round of the championship to get the damn thing sorted.

Carpet all the way!
Hi JRXS Chris
Did you not note that all the top boys were running CS27's!!!!! that seemed to be the way to go, as the track had (aparently) lots of grip, not that I was there, but was told by a top driver today. It seems to be, that most of the better drivers had a C**P weekend up there
I was at Southend this weekend, and ran Ben Rayments setup, as he was 2nd on the grid with a 17 lapper at the STCC a couple of weeks ago when it was freeeeeeeeezing, and ran the Corally control tire , (not to sure of the part number but think they maybe SSB'S) even though they were not stuck on that well I have to say. I went there this weekend, when arriving, the track was in places 4 inches deep in water so it had to be pumped out and then squeedgeed off. Went out on the first run and put a 16 lapper in with NO prob at all but was still very damp, 2nd run put in a 16, with a 9 but the rain came down again a wash all the grip away, The car was AWESOME to drive on that track which is very bumy as it used to be an off road track which was covered with tar mack. You might want to try it Chris I will run it again this weekend at West london. The only difference to Ben's setup is that I removed all 4 posts and put the electric as far back as pos , as close-up against the wishbone retainer blocks, but not touching. I also lifted to rear wishbones via the droop screws by 1/2 mm to stop the car from turning on its self when entering a tight corner, and last but not least I ran the 1 degree rear hubs at first thinking the car would not be stable going into the bends, but then tried it with the 0 degree rear hubs the car was sweet to drive and never has it been so fast round corners and very stable, and dont have worry about the back of the car breaking away
Cheers Malc THE- CAN MAN
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 01:46 PM   #11278
Tech Master

Thanks Ben (J A M I N ) Did you play at the nationals to ?
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 02:19 PM   #11279
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRXS_chris

Carpet all the way!
Chris,
Not to suggest I know what you went through last weekend, but I run on a few low grip tracks here and this is what I do to overcome them with the Numan setup:

Rear camber link: move to the B position
Rear Spring: increase to 12.5lb spring
Rear Hub: swap out to ther1/2 toe-in hubs.

The longer rear link increases rear grip. The 12.5lb spring stops the rear rolling over in the mid to exit of a corner which will stop it unloading the rear tyre. Adding the 1/2 deg hubs stops the rear fish-tailing out of corners under acceleration.
Hope this helps...

Regards,
Peter
Old 04-03-2006, 06:18 PM   #11280
Tech Elite

Or.......for me I like to add roll center shims in the rear untill it hooks up. Either way will work just one will feel better for you. Good Luck and don't give up

This weekend the track was a lil slick as well and after I stood both front and rear shocks out 1 hole the car was very good. If your roll centers are too far off then link movements and shock positions will still not give you what you need. Let us know what you try next.

Brant