R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-25-2006, 06:33 AM   #11161
Tech Regular
 
JRXS_chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 386
Default

Anyone in the UK had any experience with the JRXS at Wrexham?

Previous cars I have had needed a different setup on this track due to the loose sweepers and mega twisty bit in the middle!

Im guessing spool, a bit more droop and maybe more upright shocks (compared to kit).

Cheers.
JRXS_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:07 PM   #11162
Tech Master
 
Keith Billanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: BUFFALO
Posts: 1,794
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcCzarOfOld
Keith B, I just picked up the JRX-S that Josh had marked wayyyy down at the store. My maiden voyage with the car will be this weekend. How well does the BK setup from the 05 carpet nats work up at CEFX? Also, any other setup help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

Kewl... dunno about the BK setup.. never tried it. It uses old style arms i believe and i found the new arms to be beneficial.

here is a link to my setup and mod... it is a few post down, but you cant miss it. Couple heads up, run your tires no larger than 57mm if you can... and pay specific attention to Camber... 1 degree front and 2 rear is crucial (to me at least) Check it after every run. I hope to get out there again soon.. was planning on tomorrow but my paycheck never came this week

nexty time i come, I think I will be on rubber tires

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...page=351&pp=30
__________________
OUT
Keith Billanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 05:29 PM   #11163
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,199
Default

Keith I won't be there. I don't even own a car or radio now. Well I have a CRC 6 pack. But it's for sale. I was debating if I should be get a JRX-S or RDX. That would be as far as I thought about it. Moved a hour east of Fastcats. I don't even own a offroad car now. Maybe in the future. Have some other things on the go now.
Chris Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 08:57 PM   #11164
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,142
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

POOKYT I ran the JRXS today. Man after 3 packs the car was really good. Very happy with my first time out on the JRXS. I actually didn't expect it to work this well for me but damn it did. Overall I will make a few more changes as I need a tick more steering but I think the spool with overdrive will fix that. Great day overall and I'm glad to be back running the JRXS. Well worth changing back to one.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 10:36 PM   #11165
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd
POOKYT I ran the JRXS today. Man after 3 packs the car was really good. Very happy with my first time out on the JRXS. I actually didn't expect it to work this well for me but damn it did. Overall I will make a few more changes as I need a tick more steering but I think the spool with overdrive will fix that. Great day overall and I'm glad to be back running the JRXS. Well worth changing back to one.

Congrats!!!

I have found that the JRXS fits my driving style very well. I also found that this car ( for me) does not like to be pushed! Every time I try to push it, it just makes the car inconsistant. But the best part is that for every availaible set-up change, I can actually feel the difference. For which ever set-up you have on the car, it will give you all of the performance it can. Don't forget to try the camber mod. Its like my American Express--Don't leave home without it!!

Brant
__________________
EA Motorsports--B-Main Motorsports--Blizzard Concepts--Loose Nuts Racing--BigDog Graphics

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 06:54 AM   #11166
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 98
Default

ok then ben will speak to you at racing soon but not at the next meeting as i cant make it

jordan
jordys jrxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:40 AM   #11167
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,142
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
Congrats!!!

I have found that the JRXS fits my driving style very well. I also found that this car ( for me) does not like to be pushed! Every time I try to push it, it just makes the car inconsistant. But the best part is that for every availaible set-up change, I can actually feel the difference. For which ever set-up you have on the car, it will give you all of the performance it can. Don't forget to try the camber mod. Its like my American Express--Don't leave home without it!!

Brant
Well when I got home last night I worked on the front camber link mod. I made one last night. Came out pretty nice but man a simple setup does take some time. I gave my sanding wheel a work out last night to get everything to fit with out rubbing. Took me about 45 minutes to make it. I think combination with the 1 1/2 rear toe in and the spool with overdrive will really make the car even faster overall for me. I ran with 2 degree rear toe in and it was stable but pushed a little too much and 1 degree rear toe in was really fast but a little inconsistant sometimes. the 1 1/2 rear should be about perfect for the track I race at.

Yeah the more I tried to push my car the more I would find myself making mistakes. The car unlike my first JRXS was very stable and easy to drive. For me I really like the batteries of the car down the center because the weight balance on my car is about perfect. Car works exactly the same in both turing directions. The car is very free with standard bearings. Damn thing spins like my shaft cars did. Never had any belt car be this free wheeling before.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:41 AM   #11168
Tech Master
 
J.Filipow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,692
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

...happy to see some enthusiasm on the thread again!
__________________
P1 Brand - "Victory is Black and White" ◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

RC America / XRayUSA / Hudy / Motiv / Avid / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:46 AM   #11169
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd
Well when I got home last night I worked on the front camber link mod. I made one last night. Came out pretty nice but man a simple setup does take some time. I gave my sanding wheel a work out last night to get everything to fit with out rubbing. Took me about 45 minutes to make it. I think combination with the 1 1/2 rear toe in and the spool with overdrive will really make the car even faster overall for me. I ran with 2 degree rear toe in and it was stable but pushed a little too much and 1 degree rear toe in was really fast but a little inconsistant sometimes. the 1 1/2 rear should be about perfect for the track I race at.

Yeah the more I tried to push my car the more I would find myself making mistakes. The car unlike my first JRXS was very stable and easy to drive. For me I really like the batteries of the car down the center because the weight balance on my car is about perfect. Car works exactly the same in both turing directions. The car is very free with standard bearings. Damn thing spins like my shaft cars did. Never had any belt car be this free wheeling before.

...................DITTO !!!!!
__________________
EA Motorsports--B-Main Motorsports--Blizzard Concepts--Loose Nuts Racing--BigDog Graphics

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:48 AM   #11170
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Filipow
...happy to see some enthusiasm on the thread again!

LOL me too!

J.Filipow---Do you still have some JRXS.com number sets bro?

Brant
__________________
EA Motorsports--B-Main Motorsports--Blizzard Concepts--Loose Nuts Racing--BigDog Graphics

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:54 AM   #11171
Tech Master
 
J.Filipow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,692
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

POOKY and everyone else- YES! JRXS.com number stickers are still available...(unfortunately, I am on the road at the moment and can't ship any orders immediately.)
__________________
P1 Brand - "Victory is Black and White" ◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

RC America / XRayUSA / Hudy / Motiv / Avid / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 05:26 PM   #11172
Tech Master
 
Keith Billanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: BUFFALO
Posts: 1,794
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Big thumbs up to Kevin Hebert... Keven lead the A over Paul Lemieux at the Canadian challenge at www.fastcats.ca for 4min 55 seconds. Kevin lost the lead in the 3rd last turn (it looks like 3rd last turn, it was on live rc.) and Paul went on to win...

Hope to see Kevin next weekend at the Canadian Indoor Champs in St Catheirnes Ontario, Canada
Keith
__________________
OUT
Keith Billanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 05:31 PM   #11173
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,142
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Car must of been dialed because at this time Paul is on one of the hottest streaks I have seen and especially with the super high level of competition. Great job for Kevin to be out front like that.

I put the front camber link mod on today. Came out pretty nice but man do you have to do alot of sanding to get everything to fit and not rub the wheel. Hope Losi makes this setup just because it would be even nicer looking, and would only take 5 minutes to replace if you break it.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 05:36 PM   #11174
Tech Master
 
Keith Billanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: BUFFALO
Posts: 1,794
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd
Car must of been dialed because at this time Paul is on one of the hottest streaks I have seen and especially with the super high level of competition. Great job for Kevin to be out front like that.

I put the front camber link mod on today. Came out pretty nice but man do you have to do alot of sanding to get everything to fit and not rub the wheel. Hope Losi makes this setup just because it would be even nicer looking, and would only take 5 minutes to replace if you break it.

stupid question... are your caster block pieces up side down? The pieces you made from old caster blocks can be mounted incorrectly causing the outside of the link to sit too high... if you take them and flip them, they should work. Mine dont rub...

KB
__________________
OUT
Keith Billanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 05:41 PM   #11175
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
stupid question... are your caster block pieces up side down? The pieces you made from old caster blocks can be mounted incorrectly causing the outside of the link to sit too high... if you take them and flip them, they should work. Mine dont rub...

KB

Keith is right. On the C-hub part you cut off, it has to be mounted to the upper arm before you can put everything back together if its right. I still had to take a lil off the set-screw boss for mine not to rub.

Brant
__________________
EA Motorsports--B-Main Motorsports--Blizzard Concepts--Loose Nuts Racing--BigDog Graphics

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Losi JRXS Fast XXXS Australia For Sale/Trade 6 11-19-2007 03:34 PM
F-S Team losi JRXS as new mcskoda Australia For Sale/Trade 6 10-31-2006 02:15 AM
FS:Team Losi JRXS BiggAlz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 21 03-25-2006 05:47 PM
Team Losi JRXS FS JRXSBear R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 01-19-2006 03:57 PM
Team Losi JRXS Jon Carlson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 01-18-2006 08:28 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:31 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net