Team Losi JRXS

Old 03-19-2006, 02:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hmm good point!!! i didn't notice that...
Old 03-19-2006, 02:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 5thscaleracer
hmm good point!!! i didn't notice that...
But we both forgot that the body mounts will still work so..........I guess were even!

Brant
Old 03-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

One thing that gets me about those new diffs is how it all works on the pulley half... Is there a shorter drive shaft or something?
Old 03-19-2006, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
One thing that gets me about those new diffs is how it all works on the pulley half... Is there a shorter drive shaft or something?

Nope, the CVD's or dogbones extend into the diff tube. They are actually longer than what we run now. This is to help free up the drive train through the corners. If you take your cvd now and place it in the diff tube into the splines you will see they fit. Very tight but they do. I don't really know how the pulley side works but we shall see. Hopefully soon!!

Brant
Old 03-19-2006, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

Default JRXS_chris

Yeah I got that Pook, tis a mystery on the other side. Maybe Keith can pictorialise?

I wonder if these XXXS shafts will fit....
Old 03-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Same length dogbones on each side... it's super trick, you kinda have to see it to believe it.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Same length dogbones on each side... it's super trick, you kinda have to see it to believe it.

How did you end up this weekend Randy?

Brant
Old 03-20-2006, 02:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
How did you end up this weekend Randy?

Brant
Well since I only finished 1 19 turn qualifier, and we were running on qualpoints (2 best of 4 rounds) I was in a lower main, got the lead in the first few laps and I believe I ended up lapping the field..

My last mod qualifier was going really well, was on a super fast pace but I dumped at 4:30 and crept around the track for my last couple laps, still managed to take 12'th for that round, but only had an 18 to back it up with, so I CQ'd. Got a couple second lead and a comfortable pace, took a turn too tight, bounced into a pipe head first and got stuck, went back to 3'rd place, 4'th bumped me, went all the way back in the pack, and managed to climb back up and finish 2'nd to Jimmy Jacobson.

lol kinda a hurting experience, I'm stoked to get to put the rubber tires back on the car, I think I'm actually going to go wrench tomorrow and try to come up with a good spool setup, practice time for Reedy.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yeah I got that Pook, tis a mystery on the other side. Maybe Keith can pictorialise?

I wonder if these XXXS shafts will fit....
HAHA... im not "A list".. i dont have anything aside from the new tower

XXXS shafts, no. The "ball" is much larger that the TC3/4... small ball is needed to fit.

KB
Old 03-20-2006, 05:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Just a quick question, Today I ran my car for the first time with rubbers on, (I still have the stock setup as it was working really good for me, and with foams on ( 40 shore I think ) but with the centre oneway, normally) and switched to a set of take off 27 with medium inserts still with the stock setup and it was really loose and tail happy, then I swapped out the centre oneway to the spool and it was a bit better, but I need to keep the rubber tires for an up comming event, is there any suggestions that will help the rear of my car to stick. turn in is great on and off power just comming out of high speed turns is like a drift race, so I need to work the throttle. I am running a co27 stock motor.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thachowman
Just a quick question, Today I ran my car for the first time with rubbers on, (I still have the stock setup as it was working really good for me, and with foams on ( 40 shore I think ) but with the centre oneway, normally) and switched to a set of take off 27 with medium inserts still with the stock setup and it was really loose and tail happy, then I swapped out the centre oneway to the spool and it was a bit better, but I need to keep the rubber tires for an up comming event, is there any suggestions that will help the rear of my car to stick. turn in is great on and off power just comming out of high speed turns is like a drift race, so I need to work the throttle. I am running a co27 stock motor.
How much droop are you running? Try running more rear droop, around 4mm rear about 2-3mm front. Rubber tires need more droop than foams. Tighten the front diff a little more than you would foam. See how that does.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Try the Numan Setup off the Losi website.....
http://www.teamlosi.com/jrxs-page/asphalt%20index.htm

The only changes I made from this was 12.5lb rear spring and going to 6-B for the rear camber link......

Originally Posted by thachowman
but I need to keep the rubber tires for an up comming event, is there any suggestions that will help the rear of my car to stick. turn in is great on and off power just comming out of high speed turns is like a drift race, so I need to work the throttle. I am running a co27 stock motor.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Come on Hodge-release that rear motor car already!!! I'm ready to buy it if your ready to sell it
Old 03-20-2006, 02:26 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Come on Hodge-release that rear motor car already!!! I'm ready to buy it if your ready to sell it

TRUST ME....I am working on it.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
TRUST ME....I am working on it.
Todd
When will it be ready........................... yea yea yea I know in two weeks. beat you to that one Brant
Cheers THE- CAN MAN

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service