Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
I thought they were the same front and rear I have black and white pistons in my shocks, and peeps have been mentioning 56 pistons what colour are these please ANYONE
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN

Malc, F/R shocks are identical. He is speaking of the rear tower mod.

Thachowaman and everyone...

It has been a long time since i have run rubber regularly. So I usually stay away from these questions as there are more experienced rubber guys here... It has been years... but I can say that this past summer, I ran outdoor 2 times, on rubber. In fact, it was the only two times I raced all summer.. BUT... i just made a setup- up. Both times I TQed and won... and one of the times was a track record

I started with the Numann setup and it just didnt do it for me. I dont know if it was a surface difference or a track temp difference.. but the car was not desireable. So I basically started with a logical, neutral setup.

By that I mean this: start with easy stuff. Roll centers low F/R... same pistons F/R 60wt/40wt... 20lb/12.5lb. No bars,, 1.5 or 2 degree toe.. 5mm ride height... 1mm up travle front 2mm rear... 1degree camber front 2 rear... 4 degree castor... middle wheel base F/R... STOCK rear tower location. and of COURSE... a PROTOform Mazda

From there, you should be able to build very easily. Take the car and run it.. decide where it is loosing to your competitiors cars and adjust accordingly... is it diving too much? is the rear end dumping over? is it loosing traction? is it pushing? if so, where? ect... whats it feel like? is it erratic? is it lazy?

In a perfect world... right?? LOL.. na.. its not tough. The great thing with this chassis is that there are a number of different adjustments. As long as you change one small thing at a time you shouldnt get in too much trouble.

And as always.. and this goes for anyone... if you need setup help.. there is a wealth of knowledgable drivers who frequent this thread. Post YOUR setup, what YOU feel your car is doing be it right or wrong and im sure someone will chime in Worse comes to worse.. PM me... i try to check this once a day..

KB
Old 03-14-2006, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
From here on out I proclaim we call it the KB Shock Mod!

Brant

//KBpowered rear end
Old 03-15-2006, 03:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I ran the KB rear shock mod Saturday and I think it helped the car create more cornerspeed without breaking the azz loose. Front motor car, KB rear shock mod, and the front camber mod, and man was this thing ballistic.

I did drop from 20lb springs to 17.5's in the rear but this was my first weekend with out swaybars too!

Big thanks to "5thSCALERACER" for the brackets to do the KB shock mod!
Old 03-15-2006, 03:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by POOKYT
No, what they mean is that KB has been running the rear shock tower mounted to the inside of the bulkheads. He drilled a new holle for the BK bracket on the front side of the arm and now runs his shocks on the front side of the rear arm.

From here on out I proclaim we call it the KB Shock Mod!

Brant
Cheers Brant
But you still did not say which colour are the 65 pistons as I have black pistons in one set of shocks and white in the other.

I did trey thr K/B shock tower mod on Sunday on tarmac, but was real bumpy, and did the car no justice so would not advise using it on a bumpy track.

Ben, you mention 2 degrees rear inboard, but what degrees rear hubs did you use please?
Also what body shell?
Can you tell me what colour pistons are 56 please, as I have black ones and white ones not to sure which is which though, Cant find my manual at the moment to see which pistons were supose to go on the front shocks and rear shocks?
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
Old 03-15-2006, 04:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

White pistons are 60's and black are 57's. Unless they are custom drilled Losi does not offer a 65 piston.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tornado_Racing
I ran the KB rear shock mod Saturday and I think it helped the car create more cornerspeed without breaking the azz loose. Front motor car, KB rear shock mod, and the front camber mod, and man was this thing ballistic.

I did drop from 20lb springs to 17.5's in the rear but this was my first weekend with out swaybars too!

Big thanks to "5thSCALERACER" for the brackets to do the KB shock mod!
What brakets are they as I just drill the hole right through on the wishbone and mount the shocks this way
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
Old 03-15-2006, 04:08 AM
Tech Master

White pistons are 60's and black are 57's. Unless they are custom drilled Losi does not offer a 65 piston.
Cheers for that Tornado Racing so how do I get 56's then
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN

Sorry just realised I wrote 65 and should of been 56 DOH!! IT WAS EARLY WHEN i WROTE THAT
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
Old 03-15-2006, 04:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

You take the BK brackets (that we all used until the new arms came out). You then drill all the way through the arm and mount the bracket to the new hole on the front side of the arm.

Here are the links to the different Losi 10mm Pistons:
60 Piston
57 Piston
56 Piston
55 Piston

Old 03-15-2006, 04:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone needing some of the BK brackets can e-mail 5thscaleracer. He has plenty to go around.

BK Brackets
Old 03-15-2006, 07:05 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Nice pics. I guess to do the mod you will need BK brackets instead of the BK arms?

Looks like you have some pan car graphite wings to help protect the rear arms. Did you make those or buy pan car ones? I imagine they really help protect the car from catching the rear arms when you glance off the pipes and especially near a corner. Looks good.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
Cheers Brant
But you still did not say which colour are the 65 pistons as I have black pistons in one set of shocks and white in the other.

I did trey thr K/B shock tower mod on Sunday on tarmac, but was real bumpy, and did the car no justice so would not advise using it on a bumpy track.

Ben, you mention 2 degrees rear inboard, but what degrees rear hubs did you use please?
Also what body shell?
Can you tell me what colour pistons are 56 please, as I have black ones and white ones not to sure which is which though, Cant find my manual at the moment to see which pistons were supose to go on the front shocks and rear shocks?
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
0 deg. hubs, Proto Mazda 6, #56 pistons are red....
Old 03-15-2006, 07:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

The pics are from my JRX-S Oval car. The nerf wing comes with the graphite conversion.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:05 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

The pics are from my JRX-S Oval car. The nerf wing comes with the graphite conversion.
Oh ok. Well it does look trick. Did a nice job on that car. Is that the oval one I saw from Snowbirds. I think you had BMI make you a custom chassis to your specs. If so that is a dialed looking car thats for sure.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the props and yes it's the same car I tq'd the Snowbirds with. The kit is offered by Xtreme.

Xtreme Website
Old 03-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

WOW your car looks CLEAN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.