R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2006, 04:08 PM   #10441
Tech Master
 
TheCoolCanFanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Watford
Posts: 1,738
Default

anyone had any issues building a one way kit
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
__________________
ARC 2013 model ZEN Racing, MM-UK, HW 3.1, Rich Paints, MM UK Rug Racers win13.5 2007/8
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:05 PM   #10442
TCR
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: California
Posts: 552
Default

not here mine went together well
TCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:41 PM   #10443
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakside Trucke
anyone had any issues building a one way kit
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
I have with the O-rings and the washers that hold the shaft in place. Randy said the first batches of the One-way's did not have the bearing pressed in far enough to keep the parts from binding. This is also what makes the placement of the inner o-ring so freaking hard!!!!!! I have not tried to press mine in any further as of yet but I have it on my list.

Brant
__________________
EA Motorsports--B-Main Motorsports--Blizzard Concepts--Loose Nuts Racing--BigDog Graphics

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:42 PM   #10444
Tech Regular
 
Juan Valdez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 439
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracingkid
I had this same problem a few times bafore, and traced it to be the small bit of flashing on the inside of the steering knuckle where it would contact the castor bloack. If you file it a little smoother, then it should not stick anymore.
I had the same experience as Mike. The little nub on the knuckle was catching the c-hubs. I just dremmelled the nub down and no problems since. I have also heard if you glue a washer on the inside of the arm on the steering knuckle, that will limit steering throw and solve the problem as well.
__________________
TLR 22 3.0 | TLR 22-4 | TLR 8ight-E 3.0 | Tamiya TA07 | Tamiya TA05 | Exotek F1R3
Juan Valdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:47 PM   #10445
Tech Regular
 
Juan Valdez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 439
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Anyone have any suggestions to find some more mid-corner steering from my car? It seems to turn in decent and have decent on-power steering out of the corner, but pushes through the middle. Any ideas?

I ran this car for the first time in a few weeks Sunday after races ended. I've been working on my TA-05 for TCS during that time. But I have to say, it felt good to run my Losi again.
__________________
TLR 22 3.0 | TLR 22-4 | TLR 8ight-E 3.0 | Tamiya TA07 | Tamiya TA05 | Exotek F1R3
Juan Valdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:51 PM   #10446
Tech Adept
 
FBJ's RDX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Soon to be in the Darkside
Posts: 176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
I have with the O-rings and the washers that hold the shaft in place. Randy said the first batches of the One-way's did not have the bearing pressed in far enough to keep the parts from binding. This is also what makes the placement of the inner o-ring so freaking hard!!!!!! I have not tried to press mine in any further as of yet but I have it on my list.

Brant
Hi Brant,

Where does the 2 O-Rings for the Outdrives go? Do I need to slip them in the One-way Tube before the oneway bearings? I just left them out on the outdrives. I noticed that my left outdrives would kinda slip out abit after each run, does this mean the bearing on the left wasnt pressed in properly as Randy mentioned? Thanks

Sonny
FBJ's RDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:56 PM   #10447
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ's RDX
Hi Brant,

Where does the 2 O-Rings for the Outdrives go? Do I need to slip them in the One-way Tube before the oneway bearings? I just left them out on the outdrives. I noticed that my left outdrives would kinda slip out abit after each run, does this mean the bearing on the left wasnt pressed in properly as Randy mentioned? Thanks

Sonny
The two o-rings go in each end in a groove just above the outdrive bearing. If you put your fingernail in around the edge of the bearing you will feel it. With mine the o-ring is a giant pain in the butt, but, now I know I need to further press in the one-way bearing. If you build the diff without using the washer, then the o-ring fits in nicefor me. Only problem is then the outdrive can come loose. I hope this helps you.

Brant
__________________
EA Motorsports--B-Main Motorsports--Blizzard Concepts--Loose Nuts Racing--BigDog Graphics

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:09 PM   #10448
Tech Adept
 
FBJ's RDX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Soon to be in the Darkside
Posts: 176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
The two o-rings go in each end in a groove just above the outdrive bearing. If you put your fingernail in around the edge of the bearing you will feel it. With mine the o-ring is a giant pain in the butt, but, now I know I need to further press in the one-way bearing. If you build the diff without using the washer, then the o-ring fits in nicefor me. Only problem is then the outdrive can come loose. I hope this helps you.

Brant
Thanks Brant, I will check it out

Sonny
FBJ's RDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:20 PM   #10449
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Valdez
Anyone have any suggestions to find some more mid-corner steering from my car? It seems to turn in decent and have decent on-power steering out of the corner, but pushes through the middle. Any ideas?

I ran this car for the first time in a few weeks Sunday after races ended. I've been working on my TA-05 for TCS during that time. But I have to say, it felt good to run my Losi again.
You might try changing the ackerman position. Drill holes .150" back from the stock bellcrank mount holes, and it should give better mid corner, but sacrifices a little turn-in.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:33 PM   #10450
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 100
Default

Is it just me or is there something different going on with the diffs on this car...plus the blue axles. What's going on there? Looks like the normal diff hubs are not there.

http://www.pdubracing.com/Snowbird_national%20022.jpg
automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:55 PM   #10451
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Todd said they would be testing some new stuff at the birds
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 12:03 AM   #10452
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Todd said they would be testing some new stuff at the birds
AWWWWWWWWW C'Mon Randy !!!!!!!!! Iz dat the best you can do????? Todd told us to be looking for new stuff at the Birds so you might as well go ahead and spiil the beans bro. C'Mon.....You know you want to tell us! LOL

Brant
__________________
EA Motorsports--B-Main Motorsports--Blizzard Concepts--Loose Nuts Racing--BigDog Graphics

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 12:10 AM   #10453
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,234
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Todd said they would be testing some new stuff at the birds
Don't tell mister...

Come on. When isn't Gil Jr. testing new stuff and passing it onto the team?
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 12:55 AM   #10454
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

lol, I am out of the loop on what they were testing, but look at that picture and you can get the same ideas as I have..
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 04:38 AM   #10455
Tech Master
 
Keith Billanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: BUFFALO
Posts: 1,794
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

haha... i have been looking for a pic of it...

KB
__________________
OUT
Keith Billanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Losi JRXS Fast XXXS Australia For Sale/Trade 6 11-19-2007 03:34 PM
F-S Team losi JRXS as new mcskoda Australia For Sale/Trade 6 10-31-2006 02:15 AM
FS:Team Losi JRXS BiggAlz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 21 03-25-2006 05:47 PM
Team Losi JRXS FS JRXSBear R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 01-19-2006 03:57 PM
Team Losi JRXS Jon Carlson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 01-18-2006 08:28 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:02 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net