R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-12-2006, 09:15 PM   #10411
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat
whats the part# for the ball bearing for dog bone, the one that go over the dogbone outdrive pins?

How nwell do they hold up to a spool?
I think Randy knows the number by heart! LOL

They do not live in a spool very long at all. One or two good jolts and they bind or lock up quickly. Hope this helps.

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:23 PM   #10412
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT

They do not live in a spool very long at all. One or two good jolts and they bind or lock up quickly. Hope this helps.

Brant
thanks
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:49 PM   #10413
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Alright guys, first off, LOVE this car. Only one serious problem thus far.

Earlier in this thread I mentioned that I was having problems with getting bindage inbetween my servo and motor. So after taking out my current servo, and comparing, I decided it was just too big. Put in a different one and now have plently of space between the motor and servo horn. But the biggest problem didnt solve itself as I wished it would

If I go into a turn, and my wheels glance the pipe (we arent all perfect ) Its like my servo gets stuck into the direction I was turning and wont undo itself until Ive told the marshall that my wheels need to be "popped" back into place. By this time, Im 2-3 laps down, and have wasted a run. At first I thought it was just my car, maybe my servo selection. But the other guy at my track who runs a JRX-S (very fast guy BTW) had this happen last weekend. And I know he runs better servos than I. So my question would be if anyone has had this problem, if so (even if not) is there anyway I can fix it? Its killin me not being given a shot at the win because I tap a pipe that wouldnt have made a big deal anyway....
runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:31 PM   #10414
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
Cool....Maybe you guys can get a mod class going I'm all 19turn!!!! Mo ans Alex want to run mod.
I really hope we have a class, would kinda be a waste if not...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:34 PM   #10415
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT

Brant
I really dont recommend the bk bones with a spool. I can never seem to get more than 1 pack through them before the bearings explode. Also, it seems like when using the normal LCD pins you get more steering.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:36 PM   #10416
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin rc10

Earlier in this thread I mentioned that I was having problems with getting bindage inbetween my servo and motor. So after taking out my current servo, and comparing, I decided it was just too big. Put in a different one and now have plently of space between the motor and servo horn. But the biggest problem didnt solve itself as I wished it would

If I go into a turn, and my wheels glance the pipe (we arent all perfect ) Its like my servo gets stuck into the direction I was turning and wont undo itself until Ive told the marshall that my wheels need to be "popped" back into place. By this time, Im 2-3 laps down, and have wasted a run. At first I thought it was just my car, maybe my servo selection. But the other guy at my track who runs a JRX-S (very fast guy BTW) had this happen last weekend. And I know he runs better servos than I. So my question would be if anyone has had this problem, if so (even if not) is there anyway I can fix it? Its killin me not being given a shot at the win because I tap a pipe that wouldnt have made a big deal anyway....
Im not really sure what would cause this, but make sure that your servo horn is set at 90 degrees to the chassis when the wheels are straight. Also make sure your wheels only turn from lock to lock, and not any more than that. Your servo horn may not be centered, and it is just turning too far to where it gets in a locked at full trim position when you take a bump.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:52 PM   #10417
Tech Addict

There has been a couple people at my track who has had that locking problem... You might have a burr somewhere by your spindle interfering with your hub...or check your steering plate aswell. Chances are your servo horn is now pooched aswell... Check that out too...

Aaron
CEFX
A_Stratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:19 PM   #10418
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat
whats the part# for the ball bearing for dog bone, the one that go over the dogbone outdrive pins?

How nwell do they hold up to a spool?
Dawg,

I am blanking on the size of these ball bearings; but, I remember finding a tube of ten (10) of them on eBay for something like $15 plus shipping several months ago.

I have only had one failure from a BIG, BIG hit with a spool.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:21 PM   #10419
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I really dont recommend the bk bones with a spool. I can never seem to get more than 1 pack through them before the bearings explode. Also, it seems like when using the normal LCD pins you get more steering.
Randy does run MOD motors which takes BIGGEST hits. I am talking Stock to 19T racing.

Old 02-13-2006, 12:03 AM   #10420
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Randy does run MOD motors which takes BIGGEST hits. I am talking Stock to 19T racing.
Usually I dont take too many hits in a day, just the normal rolling over the edges of corner dots will do it..
Old 02-13-2006, 12:07 AM   #10421
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Dawg,

I am blanking on the size of these ball bearings; but, I remember finding a tube of ten (10) of them on eBay for something like $15 plus shipping several months ago.

I have only had one failure from a BIG, BIG hit with a spool.
3/32 x 3/16" is the bearing size, eBay has them for a buck a piece, but I'd run the Losi ones on a front spool, they seem to be a little better quality..
Old 02-13-2006, 12:19 AM   #10422
Tech Elite

Quote:

One other thing to check is that I believe when the car first came out, either the manual was wrong or the parts were numbered wrong, but it seems to me that some brands of servos take a different servo horn than what the manual says. Can anybody else remember what the deal was?

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:26 AM   #10423
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Usually I dont take too many hits in a day, just the normal rolling over the edges of corner dots will do it..
Then, come to Speedworld for the Asphalt Nats in June to test yourself...No dots...Just hard barriers.

Old 02-13-2006, 12:35 AM   #10424
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
What benefits does this mod give? Forgive me for being too lazy to go back and read.
Chris,
Here's an extract from my MF2 book....

Front Camber Link Length ; is another adjustment that is difficult to make a generic statement for as it can have slightly different results on various conditions. The following is a summary of how this adjustment will usually impact the handling of the MF2. A longer front camber link will make the truck feel stiffer. This will help keep the truck flatter with less roll, but can make the truck handle worse on bumpy conditions. A shorter front camber link will result in more front end roll. This will increase high-speed steering and make the truck better in bumps. Too short of a front link may make the truck feel twitchy or "wandery" meaning that it may be difficult to drive straight at high speed.

In my experience, the "front camber Mod" reduced steering slight, but made the steering more linear or progressive.

The loss in steering wasn't what I wanted, but the linear feel was much, much better, hence I added more steering to the car and overall it feels better with the Mod then without.

I would suggest you try both and see if you like it....

Regards,
Peter
Old 02-13-2006, 01:11 AM   #10425
Tech Adept

Quote:

Check your steering link isn't rubbing the top of the servo. Mine was (running a S9550) and i had to dremel a little groove in the servo to allow it to move freely.