R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-11-2006, 02:13 AM   #10381
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
If these posts don't make sense to you, don't worry I won't be offended. Others might want to make a few edits to clarify my description. If so, have at it boys.

On option is to contact Master Dremeler PookyT for his price for a set of these suckers. Hey PookyT...Do I get a commission?

Good news is that you shouldn't need any spares for these camber links. It is the lower arm that fails in most crash scenarios.

Bill
That'll be me then!!

First of all, thanks for taking the time to post the neccessary instructions.

My problem is that at the bottom of my caster blocks, the material around the hole is tapered (see attached), so when mounting this on top of caster block on the car, it wont sit flat and may bind the steering...am I missing the point?
Attached Thumbnails
Team Losi JRXS-dscf0202.jpg  
Old 02-11-2006, 06:51 AM   #10382
Tech Regular

What benefits does this mod give? Forgive me for being too lazy to go back and read.
JRXS_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 07:21 AM   #10383
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Most of the losi guys are really fast. They seem to be liking the new layout on the chassis alot. And i gotta say its pretty trick. Matt Lee is still running the old car. He's running some good laps too. Not bad for an old school offroad racer trying to figure out sedan again. Sitting down and talking to him about how he designed it was pretty bad ass too.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:04 AM   #10384
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAlford
Most of the losi guys are really fast. They seem to be liking the new layout on the chassis alot. And i gotta say its pretty trick. Matt Lee is still running the old car. He's running some good laps too. Not bad for an old school offroad racer trying to figure out sedan again. Sitting down and talking to him about how he designed it was pretty bad ass too.
Are you talkin Matt Lee from OK City? He started running Bad Boyz batts and motors back in the day? Tell him I said hello! Thanks for the updated David!!!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 09:08 AM   #10385
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by J A M I N
That'll be me then!!

First of all, thanks for taking the time to post the neccessary instructions.

My problem is that at the bottom of my caster blocks, the material around the hole is tapered (see attached), so when mounting this on top of caster block on the car, it wont sit flat and may bind the steering...am I missing the point?
What I did with mine was to take my sanding drum and level the area somewhat. If you look close when the bushing is in place you only have to remove a small amount of material closest to the hinge pin. Seems like to me that I also had to sand down the set-screw boss and set screws just a touch so it wouldn't rub when the wheels turned.

Brant

Old 02-11-2006, 09:10 AM   #10386
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
What benefits does this mod give? Forgive me for being too lazy to go back and read.
For me it gave me more corner speed and it helps keep the front end flatter.

Brant

Old 02-11-2006, 11:44 AM   #10387
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAlford
Ive seen a few new layouts. What one are they running and does anyone have any pics of it?
Davenport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 09:51 PM   #10388
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davenport
Ive seen a few new layouts. What one are they running and does anyone have any pics of it?
You can find great pics on www.jrxs.com

Hodge said he built up a front motor car to take with him but I don't know if its what he is running. Most of the factory guys have been running the rear motor car since around Sept.

Brant

Old 02-11-2006, 10:30 PM   #10389
Tech Elite

I found these on Ebay! I knew some of you were looking for these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Losi-JRXS-wide-f...QQcmdZViewItem

Brant

Old 02-12-2006, 01:47 AM   #10390
Tech Addict

I've never seen that mod before...I just knew about the upper camber link mod...Anyone have instructions on how to make this mod? I have the other mod, but am just using the standard links right now, my cars just so dialed I don't really want to touch it I have run the car with the upper camber link mod and it was good on my old setup. I still have yet to try it on my new setup. I will experiment with it very soon.
CEFX
A_Stratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 02:06 AM   #10391
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Stratus
I've never seen that mod before...I just knew about the upper camber link mod...Anyone have instructions on how to make this mod? I have the other mod, but am just using the standard links right now, my cars just so dialed I don't really want to touch it I have run the car with the upper camber link mod and it was good on my old setup. I still have yet to try it on my new setup. I will experiment with it very soon.
I'm a lil confused. Are you refering to the rear chassis car? If so then that car is not really a mod but a whole conversion kit( not availible yet). The only real mods to my knowledge are the BK brackets and the front camber mod. Maybe I missed something and if so please restate your question. Thanks and I hope this answers your question.

Brant

Old 02-12-2006, 02:08 AM   #10392
Tech Elite

RANDY !!!!!!!!????????

Are you still running your one-way without the washers inside? Do you ever have any problems with the outdrives slipping out? I have run my one-way 1 battery pack and it tightened up SOOO much after the one run I had to take it out. Let a brutha know da 411 !

Brant

Old 02-12-2006, 10:13 AM   #10393
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Just had to say...It's really kewl to see Randy Caster posting on this string. That kid elevated my car preparation to a new level with the XXX-S a year or so ago.

Sponsors should be after this guy who is both so willing to share information and most personable.

Nuf said...Not! Then there is PookyT...

Bill
Hey Bill, thanks for the kind words. I guess the reason I stopped posting for a while is because I got cought up with work. I'm back in the thread to stay though, so any help you guys might need, just let me know.

BTW, I ran a new setup I made last night at SoCal... man was it good, I might need to post it up for you guys to try outdoor and give me some feedback. Going to try it again on Tuesday, need to see if it was a bad set of tires, or the setup doing it, but my rear tires were toast by the 4'th run on them, and I literally had no traction in the main..
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:18 AM   #10394
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
RANDY !!!!!!!!????????

Are you still running your one-way without the washers inside? Do you ever have any problems with the outdrives slipping out? I have run my one-way 1 battery pack and it tightened up SOOO much after the one run I had to take it out. Let a brutha know da 411 !

Brant
Randy--Oneway diff????

Brant

Old 02-12-2006, 10:22 AM   #10395
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
RANDY !!!!!!!!????????

Brant
I build the 1-ways as the instructions say now. Only the first batch had a problem with not being able to fit everything because the 1-way bearings were not pushed all the way in.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote