R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-25-2004, 03:08 PM   #1021
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to dasupacat

I meant the heaviest items on the car are centered from side to side not front to back....servo, motor, battery in the middle.
dasupacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 06:07 PM   #1022
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

The car is very fast! I am probably going to get one instead of the Tamiya.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 06:08 PM   #1023
Tech Addict

Default Pinkpacman...

I like that rear end to!
Nightbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 11:48 PM   #1024
Tech Adept

dasupacat- i don't think the car has a 50/50 weight distribution front to back, but it doesn't matter i think. i think most R/C TC carry more weight to the back of the car. This will result in less nose heavy and more agile when changing directions. Just look at the current crop of supercars, MB SLR, Ferrari 612 all have more weight to the back of the car to give it a better handling.
mashimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 06:57 AM   #1025
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200

Quote:
Originally posted by mashimaro
dasupacat- i don't think the car has a 50/50 weight distribution front to back, but it doesn't matter i think. i think most R/C TC carry more weight to the back of the car. This will result in less nose heavy and more agile when changing directions. Just look at the current crop of supercars, MB SLR, Ferrari 612 all have more weight to the back of the car to give it a better handling.
The car has definately a lot of weight on the rear, and I'm not sure I like it. You're right to think all actual RC cars have more weight on the rear, and that's why overheating only occurs to rear tyres. And I don't think it makes for a more responsive car either. By the cay, are you sure the supercars you are referring to have the same tyres F/R (I don't think so, rear are usually much wider hence the weight balance).
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 09:34 AM   #1026
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I actually don't think it will be as bad as you guys think.

On the KX-1 the electronics in that car are laid out closer to the Losi than anything else you might compare it to. Motor, battery and servo all down the middle. And while the batteries on the Kyosho are more forward, the motor is right at the back diff. I'm talking about an inch infront of the rear diff. Now I can assure you that the motor produces more weight at the back than the end of the battery pack does. I never experience any adverse tire wear at the rear of that car, no push from lack of frontal weight, and the car felt just as balance front to rear as every other sedan.

Trust me, this weight distribution thing isn't as bad as the pics would lead you to believe.

You guys are worrying over nothing. Just ask anyone who has owned a KX-1, it all seems to balance out.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:13 PM   #1027
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

The best engine layout in real cars is MR with the engine right in front of the rear wheels. This is seen in all open wheel cars and high end exotics. This is a better layout than traditional designs because the battery is heavier than the motor. This improves rear traction and makes the steering more reponsive.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 06:39 PM   #1028
Tech Adept

Default Look what what I found...

Nice...[URL=www.fseara.org/gallery/album42/CS_005]
Tried too past a pic but didn't work so..

Last edited by dasupacat; 10-26-2004 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:43 PM   #1029
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by mashimaro
I don't think any of those cars are 4wd though and I guarantee none of them race on carpet.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:59 PM   #1030
Tech Adept

Old 10-26-2004, 07:07 PM   #1031
Tech Adept

Looks like there'll be no blade type sway bars...they look nifty. Can somebody post this pic on here...I tried, but dunno how.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:07 PM   #1032
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkseid
I actually don't think it will be as bad as you guys think.

On the KX-1 the electronics in that car are laid out closer to the Losi than anything else you might compare it to. Motor, battery and servo all down the middle. And while the batteries on the Kyosho are more forward, the motor is right at the back diff. I'm talking about an inch infront of the rear diff. Now I can assure you that the motor produces more weight at the back than the end of the battery pack does. I never experience any adverse tire wear at the rear of that car, no push from lack of frontal weight, and the car felt just as balance front to rear as every other sedan.

Trust me, this weight distribution thing isn't as bad as the pics would lead you to believe.

You guys are worrying over nothing. Just ask anyone who has owned a KX-1, it all seems to balance out.

I'm not worried, I'm just saying it's not got a 50/50 weight distribution, more like 40/60 (maybe more). It is just my opinion, I own a car with a perfect 50/50 balance and one with 40/60, guess which one have overheating problems when it's hot ?
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:15 PM   #1033
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Rocket Ronbo

it has a 50/50 weight balance....giv or take 2%

give it a rest with your speculation

a qualified viewer
Rocket Ronbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 09:54 PM   #1034
Tech Addict

Default I don't see the science in...

a car heating up more because of weight distribution. Side to side or front to back. Maybe someone can explain it to me.
Nightbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 10:15 PM   #1035
Tech Adept

Nightbreed- what they mean by heating is the heating up of tires due to more weight load on the rear tyres.
I guess u guys r right that the real cars i refered to do have wider rear tyres and are rear tyres. However, i don't think the weight distribution would be a big problem, look at cars like xray for example, motor up the back, batteries about in the middle, so majority of the weight is up the back, yet i don't think there is any major handling flaws in a xray.
Now, i think the weight would actually be closer to 50/50 than what u guys think, i mean the motor is mounted fairly fwd and also the servo weighs a bit as well.
PLUS!, u have to also remember that the layout is the result of the car being 50/50 left to right, not which one is better, 50/50 left to right or front to back? i'd go for the left to right
mashimaro is offline   Reply With Quote