Team Losi JRXS

Old 02-06-2006, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Tod/Brant/Bill/Anon
Can you guy's tell me if you guy's use the centre one way as apposed to the front one way, if so, what is the difference between the two, ive not used either yet but would like to know what I am supposed to feel with the car
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
Old 02-06-2006, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i ran it this past weekend at a larger area race...i think there were about20-30 in stock rubber class...i ended up taking 2nd after a hard crash in the sweeper and being a lap down after that happened but battled my way back up to within a second of the leader

the track had less traction then what im used to so i used to outer camber link holes on the offset rear hubs and used 10.5 springs on the rear and 12.5 on the front...after that it was good to go...the track was extremely tight(4 foot lanes and sometimes less!)6.8 second laps was my fastest with an average of about 7.0
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS-anonymous-setup.jpg  
Old 02-06-2006, 11:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Does anyone have the Paul Ciccarello carpet setup they can post up? I wasn't able to find it in the last 15 pages or so. Thanks.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CraigX
I think you mean Paul C's setup. You may be confusing Ray H and Paul C.

But anyways,

http://www.parmapse.com/jrx2.jpg

Plus some notes from one of his posts about this setup

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=9821
Here you go
Old 02-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

in my experiences

for off-power steering the front one-way will give you tons of steering(back end comes around rather quickly)
for on-power steering it acts like a spool

for rubber carpet i think that a front one-way is the way to go(for an advanced driver)...i had boughten a one-way but some of the pins in the bearings came out right when i bought it and never fixed it after that...my cars have always been a few tenths a lap faster with a one-way over a diff or spool, but this will probably not be the case for everyone

to be honest i have never tried a center one-way in any of my cars ive owned
Old 02-06-2006, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
in my experiences

for off-power steering the front one-way will give you tons of steering(back end comes around rather quickly)
for on-power steering it acts like a spool

for rubber carpet i think that a front one-way is the way to go(for an advanced driver)...i had boughten a one-way but some of the pins in the bearings came out right when i bought it and never fixed it after that...my cars have always been a few tenths a lap faster with a one-way over a diff or spool, but this will probably not be the case for everyone

to be honest i have never tried a center one-way in any of my cars ive owned

Hi Anon
Its funny you should mention you ran a one-way for a period of time as I to used to run one-way all the time in my XXX-S on very tight tracks down to sub 7 second laps on a 20mtr x 12xmtr track until I too busted one of the bearings and never went back to it, coz the JRX-S came along. Now finding the JRX-S is far better at steering, was just wondering what the one way middle and front would do. I do not have enough of the parts to change to your set up but will try with mine, and will try the centre one way this coming Friday
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
Old 02-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm a bit jealous. I would love to be running rubber tires again in touring car.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by POOKYT
N/P weliin--Post what you find out so anybody else wanting the kydex bumper knows what to do. Later

Brant
I emailed Bud's Racing Products today (BRP) and they quickly responded with the following,

"Yes we do it is a special item and We don't list it price is $5.00 and $2.00 to ship."

So I ordered a few for a friend and I and am hoping that helps with our front arm breakage problems when those conrete corner discs jump out in front of us.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
Here you go
Thanks man!
Old 02-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Trakside Trucke
Tod/Brant/Bill/Anon
Can you guy's tell me if you guy's use the centre one way as apposed to the front one way, if so, what is the difference between the two, ive not used either yet but would like to know what I am supposed to feel with the car
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
To me its a waste to use the center one-way without the front one-way. The benefits of a one-way diff( ie steeering into and pull coming off the corners) is the fastest if your comfortable with it. Using only the center one-way to me felt no different from the regular diff other than I had no brakes. Actually the car felt inconsistant. I agree with annonymous in that its the fastest if you can hang on to it. Good Luck.

Brant
Old 02-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Hi Brant,

Is this what you were looking for??? (I know it's not the actual car Todd used o/s, but it's green!!! ) And don't let an OLD man like 2-bad give you cheek either.......he's just OLD and has nothing better to do with his time!!!
Thats the car!!! Thanks! But was it not Todd's car? Anyway.......watch that old man stuff!!!! LOL I'm 2 yrs away from the masters class in ROAR myself! hehehehe

Brant
Maturity Challenged
B-Main Motorsports
Old 02-06-2006, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

watch that old man stuff!!!! LOL I'm 2 yrs away from the masters class in ROAR myself! hehehehe

Brant
Maturity Challenged
B-Main Motorsports

"Who's ya daddy now"
Old 02-06-2006, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 2-Bad
"Who's ya daddy now"
LMAO G'Day Pops!!!!

Brant
Old 02-07-2006, 03:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Thats the car!!! Thanks! But was it not Todd's car? Anyway.......watch that old man stuff!!!! LOL I'm 2 yrs away from the masters class in ROAR myself! hehehehe

Brant
Maturity Challenged
B-Main Motorsports
Good OLD 2-bad is more than past that age. He is about to but put down and laid to rest. He's got no hair, no eyesight and definately no skill or talent!!!
Old 02-07-2006, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

To me its a waste to use the center one-way without the front one-way. The benefits of a one-way diff( ie steeering into and pull coming off the corners) is the fastest if your comfortable with it. Using only the center one-way to me felt no different from the regular diff other than I had no brakes. Actually the car felt inconsistant. I agree with annonymous in that its the fastest if you can hang on to it. Good Luck.

Brant

Cheers for that Brant, much apreciated.
So whats the point of the centre one way then, if you have to use the front one way then
Wont be using the centre one way this Friday then
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.