Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Sounds like some portion of the thrust bearing/washer assembly isn't doing it's job. Take that thing apart again, looking for signs of abnormal wear or mis-assembly.
Thanks.... will do.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by losirunner
Thanks.... will do.
Yep! Sounds like time for a new thrust screw and lock nut. Good Luck. Let us know when you find out what it is for sure.

Brant
Old 01-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Also make sure that you have the thrust in the right way. The washers that come with it are two different sizes...I ran into this on mine. Put the one with the smaller inner hole next to the scew head. One of the washers is .2mm different.

EA
Old 01-02-2006, 11:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losirunner
i have been having problems with the front diff loosening every run. I have rebuilt it a few times, but still every time it loosens.... what do i do>
i started to have this issue also and about half a run into the main the diff out drive gave. Every qualifier i noticed that the diff would loosen up causing the car to drive very funny i kept tightening the diff untill poof it gave up.

when you take it apart check the outdrive for any type of fractures or any white discolorations of the plastic cracking or deforming this could be a fractured or broken diff half too.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone in here going to the Snowbird (inter-?)Nationals? It'd be really helpfull if we knew one another were down there to share setup info and bounce new ideas around.

So who's going?

Il cya there, anyone know if the hotel has wireless?
Old 01-03-2006, 04:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

New Jersey, short for Englishtown. Sadly, this track that many of us grew up at closed down after more than twenty years of racing. Since the days when slot cars were bigger than R/C, that place had some of the best action on the east coast.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

hey guys,

FYI I have a NIB JRXS for sale 300.00
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96054
Old 01-03-2006, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Hey guys, does anyone know of any on-line hobby shops that have the new rear arms in stock? Thanks.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by patrick
Hey guys, does anyone know of any on-line hobby shops that have the new rear arms in stock? Thanks.
http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...h-S/Categories
Old 01-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

It shows zero in stock. Stormer Hobbies has front arms but no rears.

Maybe in 2 weeks! lol
Old 01-03-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 5thscaleracer
this might sound retarded but....

1. make sure the belt(s) track correctly nothing binding or any thign on it's path.
2. make sure your diff is not shifting left or right. the gray plastic tube has a tendency to shift slightly left and right easy fix is that tiny 2-56 buttom screw mount them on the inside rather than the out side. This will hold that tube in place and prevent it from shifting
3. Check the belt teeth make sure they are perfectly uniform (not too perfect but they all should be uniform)
4. check the pullies make sure there is nothing wedge in the coggs causing the belt to skip or make sure that the side walls of the pully is not portruding or pinching the belt.
5. belt tension is the key but i think your drive train is shifting around on you.

I had the front and rear diff shift around almost 1mm of play my center shaft has 1mm of paly right now i have sinced shimmed it all out.

hope this helps.
Thanks everybody for the belt-flipping tips. I think my tension is good. I like alot of 5thscaleracer's suggestions, though. I'll have to check the side-to-side wiggle of the diff and center shaft. But I bet its the crap collecting in the rear pulley's teeth. I try to keep that clean, but it always builds up on me. Thanks agian.

And good luck to Team Losi at the Novak Race!
Old 01-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by patrick
Everybody keep in mind that you can use foams on the old arms with brackets in the rear but its the front arms that rub with the brackets. If it were me I would just use the new front arms and run the rear brackets untill they fill the back orders. I hope it is soon. Good Luck to all the racers going to the Novak race! Kick'm in the Ding-Ding boys!!

Brant
Old 01-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

what exactly are the advantages to the new arms? From what i read on the losi site it seems to be changes for the asphalt racers? What improvements will I see with my car on carpet with them? Thanks.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Tech Rookie

whats up

im new to rc tech and ihave to say that the jrxs is my best that i have ever had
Old 01-03-2006, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by runnin rc10
what exactly are the advantages to the new arms? From what i read on the losi site it seems to be changes for the asphalt racers? What improvements will I see with my car on carpet with them? Thanks.
Regardless of surface, the new arms force the shock to travel more during articulation. This increase in travel gives you a more distinct feeling between each spring rate and dampening level. It does other fun stuff with stiction of O-rings and increased piston speed variances, but only Gil Jr. is allowed to understand that voo-doo.

Basically, they're good shit, put them on your car and chicks will go flippin silly over your crazy on-track skillz. I swear!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.