R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-31-2005, 05:22 PM   #9856
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is my first post in this thread, as I am a rather new owner of a JRX-S. I put a setup on the car last night from a local fast guy who also drives the losi car. The car was hooked up and and I ran my fastest ever today. Way way easier to drive than my AE TC4 was. The car is really forgiving and smooth. My questions are about adjustments on the car and how they will help me fine tune for that extra tenth a second. Im not a new racer, but Im not ultra exp. so some of the adjust.'s and their effects are still a little over my head. Some specifically on this car, are the uptravel limiter adjustments. What can I expect as I limit the susp. uptravel? Next is the camber links. Im good as to the lengths and what they do, but rather want to know what the different height of the camber lengths does ( the inboard mounts on the tower, not adding shims on the hubs). Im sure I will think of others later this week to post. My only real complaint with the car is that my servo horn seems to bind on the motor if I glance off a pipe and the wheels are forced to one way. Is there any specfiic horn I can use that is a little more "low profile" that wont rub on motor? Besides that, I absoluetly love this car. Its been a great experience for my first belt driven, and Losi TC. Thanks for any future answers.

edit: can anyone gimme a short walk through on the easiest way to build these shocks. I think I did it okay, but Im unsure on how they should rebound when Im done. Im so used to the simple losi offroad shocks, these kinda threw me for a loop. Thanks again.
runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 07:54 PM   #9857
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

pour the shock oil in with pistons on the bottom almost up to the top...push piston up towards top...twist and pull back down...let air bubbles settle to the top...set bladder on top...take big allen wrench tip and LIGHTLY press the middle of the bladder so the little bump comes out....take care and screw the cap on...thats what i have done and seems to work good...the shock shaft comes out extremely slow...more o-rings can be added on top of the bladder to quicken this response as was talked about earlier ...hope that helps
Old 01-01-2006, 07:40 AM   #9858
ts
Tech Adept

I ran my JRXS for the first time yesterday. First time on carpet in 3 years. The car was great. Much better than anything else I have driven... With a couple of setup tips from EA, along with awesome HP and Volts from EA, I TQed and won. GREAT CAR!
TeamREVTech
ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 09:24 AM   #9859
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts
I ran my JRXS for the first time yesterday. First time on carpet in 3 years. The car was great. Much better than anything else I have driven... With a couple of setup tips from EA, along with awesome HP and Volts from EA, I TQed and won. GREAT CAR!
Congrat's on the win and TQ man! I wanted to go with BigDog but had too much stuff to do this weekend. Hopefully I can make it over next time.

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:30 PM   #9860
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
Congrat's on the win and TQ man! I wanted to go with BigDog but had too much stuff to do this weekend. Hopefully I can make it over next time.

Brant
Yea bigdog got turned into a little pup yesterday....Im sure his butt hurt all the way home....I think his last comment before I left was "Im sick of coming up here and getting my arse handed to me every stinking time!!" LOL

Guess he didnt like the lap and a half I put on him

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 02:09 PM   #9861
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Yea bigdog got turned into a little pup yesterday....Im sure his butt hurt all the way home....I think his last comment before I left was "Im sick of coming up here and getting my arse handed to me every stinking time!!" LOL

Guess he didnt like the lap and a half I put on him

EA
How's the car feeling to you Eric?

Brant

Old 01-01-2006, 03:14 PM   #9862
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
How's the car feeling to you Eric?

Brant
Yesterday was the first time I have run 19 turn on our layout in this car. No traction was sprayed on it and bite was pretty low. Was still a tenth faster than I EVER was with my Corally or Xray on the same layout. Overall time was faster by a few seconds as well. This was with only 6 battery packs in 19 turn...So its pretty good. I ran Paul's 3rd setup with a few small changes for a bumpy track.

EA
Old 01-01-2006, 03:20 PM   #9863
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to dgullickson Send a message via Yahoo to dgullickson

I am sure the smooth diffs helped as well
dgullickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 03:25 PM   #9864
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgullickson
I am sure the smooth diffs helped as well

Yep...they are still silky smooth after 3 weeks of running them. Those thrust bearings work great in the Losi!!

EA
Old 01-01-2006, 03:42 PM   #9865
Tech Addict

Has no one else had the servo horn binding problem? Did Losi make specific servo horns for this car?
Old 01-01-2006, 04:08 PM   #9866
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin rc10
Has no one else had the servo horn binding problem? Did Losi make specific servo horns for this car?
What pinion and spur gear are you running( ie size)? And what servo do you have?

Brant

Old 01-01-2006, 04:15 PM   #9867
Tech Addict

128/30 on the gears, and a JR Ultra race servo I think....(kinda cheap, but Im getting highly annoyed with the digital servos)
Old 01-01-2006, 04:31 PM   #9868
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin rc10
128/30 on the gears, and a JR Ultra race servo I think....(kinda cheap, but Im getting highly annoyed with the digital servos)
With a 128/30 set-up you should have plenty of slack between your servo horn and the motor. I'm trying to picture this in my mind and I can see that if you have the ball on the horn on the side facing the motor it may hit but the ball should be on the side facing the front of the car. Maybe some pics?

Brant

Old 01-01-2006, 05:01 PM   #9869
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey EA,

How are the PRS pinions and spurs holding up to all that EA horsepower?

PRS - Hyperdrive - EA Motorsports - Corally USA - Parma/Faskolor - SMC - Killer Koncepts - MSA - Finishline - IRS - Lunsford - Trinity - Guarantee Graphix - RC4Less
Tornado_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 07:09 PM   #9870
Tech Elite

Hey Tony--I just wanted to say I have run the same 128 spur gear all year long. Its still in great shape. I also picked up a 116 from EA in August at our big track 2 day event and it has held up great as well. Fantastic spurs and pinions!

Brant