R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-31-2005, 03:57 AM   #9841
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrashracing
I'm running rubber
I would start with 5 to 10 wt. heavier on the oil. Then if I needed steering I would lower my front roll center( vice versa if too much steering). Raise the rear roll center if you need to free up the rear end. Also, if its very high you may want to try sway bars before you go crazy with different springs. I hope this helps you.

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 09:14 AM   #9842
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrashracing
I'm running rubber

yah.. its universaly generic.. there just ideals that are generally the direction i would look.

With rubber on carpet.. hmm.. its been a while.. but like Brant said... go up in oil.. if its still too edgy... uhh... add a little camber to the front end... perhaps a bar... still too edgy? stiffer spring/no bar...

it is tough to give setup advise as some guys say "i need more steering".... when they really just need less throttle... Are you looking for a more stable, easy to drive car? Or is your car getting too tight when bite comes up? is it rolling? All you have asked is what to change if the bite comes up. The answer could very well be- nothing.

post what your running for a current setup.. or PM it.. and id be glad to tell you what I would change in a given situation. Post it publically and you may get a few answers to choose from

KB
Old 12-31-2005, 09:34 AM   #9843
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK, I just built my new JRXS box stock and have no real time to mess with it before my first race. I only have a set of purple and plaid TRCs (this was a very last minute thing ) and will be running stock motor on a somewhat tight carpet track. How far off is the box set-up gonna be? Are there any simple things I can change easily that will get me closer to where I wanna be? Although I know I may be asking for too much, any help would be much appreciated ....The only thing is I can't get any new parts for it before race day, so I have to work with what I have for this moment ....I wish I had more time !!!!!!

Thanks
RCevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 09:40 AM   #9844
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCevolution
OK, I just built my new JRXS box stock and have no real time to mess with it before my first race. I only have a set of purple and plaid TRCs (this was a very last minute thing ) and will be running stock motor on a somewhat tight carpet track. How far off is the box set-up gonna be? Are there any simple things I can change easily that will get me closer to where I wanna be? Although I know I may be asking for too much, any help would be much appreciated ....The only thing is I can't get any new parts for it before race day, so I have to work with what I have for this moment ....I wish I had more time !!!!!!

Thanks
Honestly, the kit setup will leave a lot to be desired on carpet. But no worries.. all you would REALLY need is a spring change to get to where you need to be. Check the last two or three pages for Chicky03's setup's, take the 25min to throw one of them in the car and you will be happy. Any one of them will get you close.. but I think I prefered #2.. which called for 50's and 25's i believe.

Assuming you can get springs on race day?

KB
Old 12-31-2005, 10:25 AM   #9845
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I thought everyone pretty much said the Losi shocks were the best, why go with the Tamiya ones?
Cuz they're the best
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 11:03 AM   #9846
Tech Initiate

hey guys, just need a little help.

could someone explain what the purpose of putting o-rings above the bladder in the shock is? and what size o-ring you are supposed to use?

thanks.
Seedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 11:19 AM   #9847
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedy

could someone explain what the purpose of putting o-rings above the bladder in the shock is? and what size o-ring you are supposed to use?

thanks.
The new bladders from Losi or 1 -2 O-rings will change the rebound characteristics of the shocks. The stiffer the bladder or the more O-rings you run the faster the shock will rebound. Hope this is what you needed.

Brant

Old 12-31-2005, 12:17 PM   #9848
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedy

thanks.

By using o-rings above the bladder you are basically increasing the spring rate of the shock slightly. This will make the car drive flatter and be more responsive.

You can use the white o-rings that are used in the shock or use the red O-rings that are used in Losi offroad shocks.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 01:09 PM   #9849
Tech Initiate

thanks for the responses brant and todd, they are much appreciated!
Seedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 02:59 PM   #9850
Tech Adept

Anyone have experience using the inner hole(hole 1 on the setup sheet) on the front shock tower? I am trying to use it but the springs hit the diff outdrives. And there's no way it will work for me.

Anyone? Thanks.
gc2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 03:04 PM   #9851
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc2005
Anyone have experience using the inner hole(hole 1 on the setup sheet) on the front shock tower? I am trying to use it but the springs hit the diff outdrives. And there's no way it will work for me.

Anyone? Thanks.
Just use some aluminum or plain steel washers and shim the top out a bit so it will miss the outdrive. Not a big deal and I think most of us did this in the begininng and have just left the spacers on no matter what hole we mount the shock in. Also if you don't want to use washers you can use the small "A and B" plastic spacers from the old style Losi shocks. I personally use three per side of the red aluminum concave screw washers. I have just stacked them so the bevel side faces each other. Good Luck!

Seedy--Your welcome bro!

Brant

Old 12-31-2005, 03:08 PM   #9852
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
Just use some aluminum or plain steel washers and shim the top out a bit so it will miss the outdrive. Not a big deal and I think most of us did this in the begininng and have just left the spacers on no matter what hole we mount the shock in. Also if you don't want to use washers you can use the small "A and B" plastic spacers from the old style Losi shocks. I personally use three per side of the red aluminum concave screw washers. I have just stacked them so the bevel side faces each other. Good Luck!

Seedy--Your welcome bro!

Brant

So basically, use enough spacers to avoid the touching and make sure the shock is straight upright, correct?
Old 12-31-2005, 03:35 PM   #9853
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc2005
So basically, use enough spacers to avoid the touching and make sure the shock is straight upright, correct?
CORRECTOMUNDO!!!!!!! Si Senoir! Oui!! Yeppers!!! You got it man.

Brant

Old 12-31-2005, 03:59 PM   #9854
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

on the O-Ring thing

I used the blue MIP shock rebuild ones and they work great too
Old 12-31-2005, 04:10 PM   #9855
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
CORRECTOMUNDO!!!!!!! Si Senoir! Oui!! Yeppers!!! You got it man.

Brant

Cheers mate!