R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-20-2005, 01:30 PM   #9676
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Ahh-yeah-diffs. Maybe your front diff isnt tight enough or maybe your rear diff is too tight compared to the front.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:34 PM   #9677
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Congrats to Todd Hodge on an EXCELLENT finish at the GP World Cup! Top 10 finish!! Barry, Matt and I had a blast watching the live updates while we were trackside at Stockton...
Yes, I have been there running my JRXS and I had a great time looking at Todd Hodge, Andy Moore, Marc Reinhard, Steen Graversen, and many others driving so closely and so fast!!!!
His car was really good and made a great show in Switzerland, also Billy Easton and Hupo Honigl were as fast as I never saw them, but they both had a bad luck on some races.

Todd helped me in getting the best setup for my car, even if different from the new rear motored prototypes, and I have to thank Todd for his patience with me!

My car was really good and appreciated by my italian mates at the race. Even not a fast driver, I was able to TQ and win both my mains (not "A", sorry...) and this was the race that gave me the best satisfaction since a long time.

Thank you Todd for your driving and your time, see you at the 2006 Touring Worlds in Italy!

Eddi.
EddiRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:55 PM   #9678
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKWNG
Are there any tips on how to get more on-power steering? My car goes into the corners fine but is slow coming out.
Thanks,
I think a major misconception with setups and advise is that people are vague when describing the problem. I dont meant that as an insult in anyway (i get hate mail and bashing posts because people read into things- LOL)

However...You say you need more on power steering because the car is slow comming out of the turn... to me this sounds like you need the car to carry more speed through the turn!

Post what your running now.. and Id be happy to tell you what I would change to achieve more of what you want.

My car is getting more dialed every time I drive it. I have been at the new track here in Niagara Falls NY every day for the past 5 days... its getting sick. Fast lap at the track when I arrived on friday was "A" 7.9... "A"= meaning the guy ran one of them with his dialed RDX... or maybe two... He is the Fast local guy....My car runs 7.6's for the first minute of the pack.. and finishes on 7.9's. Yes, the track is smaller... 70X36.. but its a really nice track...

Keith
Old 12-20-2005, 04:40 PM   #9679
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

The Losi JRXS has the lap record at our local track too(stock rubber)
Old 12-20-2005, 09:23 PM   #9680
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Anyone have a link or list for the front camber link mod?

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:28 PM   #9681
Tech Master

EA- Check the JRXS.com site. One of the users has posted several photos...

http://www.jrxs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=491

RC America / XRayUSA / Hudy / Motiv / Avid / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:03 PM   #9682
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Anyone have a link or list for the front camber link mod?

EA
Before my phone cut out I was going to tell you to try it! I ran one pack on it last night and well.. if it was a fresh motor, and the pack hadnt sat around for 25min before I ran it... i probably would have gotten more than the 1 tenth I did get from it.

It seemed to smooth the car out, slightly... and give slightly more exit steering. I will have a better idea come thursday or friday.. definately by friday.

Got my PRS stuff today BTW I tell ya.. if there was ever one single thing that could improve the asthetics of a car... it would be that adaptor and a PRS gear.. Dialed.

//KBpower
Old 12-20-2005, 10:42 PM   #9683
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
Before my phone cut out I was going to tell you to try it! I ran one pack on it last night and well.. if it was a fresh motor, and the pack hadnt sat around for 25min before I ran it... i probably would have gotten more than the 1 tenth I did get from it.

It seemed to smooth the car out, slightly... and give slightly more exit steering. I will have a better idea come thursday or friday.. definately by friday.

Got my PRS stuff today BTW I tell ya.. if there was ever one single thing that could improve the asthetics of a car... it would be that adaptor and a PRS gear.. Dialed.

//KBpower
Keith--2 questions bro. First, are you running the new arms? Second, can you post your set-up? Thanks

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 01:11 AM   #9684
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Send a message via AIM to letitroll

I have been practicing with Keith this week and actually made the camber link mod for his car. Basically, I just took an old JRXS arm, shortened it and filed it for the tires to fit. I tried it using 4 deg, and 0 deg caster blocks. With the 4 degree blocks I experienced alot of rubbing and the arms needed to be filed down quite a bit. Enough to actually weaken the hinge pin mounts in my oppinion. The 0 deg blocks seemed to work better and required less filing. Keith ran this setup and did great. I then got a new idea after thinking about how much material I needed to remove for the mod to fit. Because the TC3/TC4 caster block assembleys are pretty much the same, I decided to make the mod out of TC4 arms. The arms are much thinner and fit much better. I didn't have to file as much and it looks cleaner. With the Camber link mod, my car went from a good car to a great car and I easily gained a tenth of a second per lap. Besides switching to the new arms this is the one of the best mods for the car and helps it get more speed around the corners.
letitroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 08:06 AM   #9685
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
Keith--2 questions bro. First, are you running the new arms? Second, can you post your set-up? Thanks

Brant
New arms, Absolutely...

My setup is a mish-mosh of other setups. It started out as Xaviers... with a Chicky/Ezrow twist.. and now.. well.. im into my own little world.

F= 25lb spring, 60/50, in on tower, BK arm.. spaced mid. Lower camber link and JR link. .050 under ballstud on knuckle.. Low roll, .035 antidive, 6 degree castor, 2 degree bar. Diff medium tight. AE hex

R= 20lb spring, 57/40, one hole out on tower, BK arm.. spaced mid, .5 degreee offset hub- backwards, 7-A link, 2 degree bar, low roll, .050 prosquat, 2 white Oring in bladder. diff medium. Losi hex

Misc= 4-4.5mm ride height, droop...or.. uhh... "chassis rise" is 1.5-2mm in front and 1-1.5mm rear. No downstop. PROTOform G6, wing forward, 2mm cut off top (below spill plates). Jaco standard double pink orange, double pink- 56.5mm..

Rich did make my JR mod.. uhh.. for him self.. then he suggested I try it as I had a ton of laps without.. i bettered my best lap by almost a tenth.. on a pack that again, sat around for 20-30 min while I dicked with the freakin servo arm cerntering... as well as the paragon on the tires. needless to say.. he had to make him self another one haha.. na.. like he says.. mine is rough looking.. im sure once I have more stuff ill make my own..

Keith
Old 12-21-2005, 08:52 AM   #9686
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default Nice pics

Some new pics to drool over............

More @ http://worldcup.rcworld.ch/live_friday.asp?id=3
Attached Thumbnails
Team Losi JRXS-img_9561.jpg   Team Losi JRXS-img_9554.jpg  

davesrctracks.net
tomdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 09:47 AM   #9687
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Keith in the short time you have had your Losi have you been able to run the same type laptimes as you did with your Corally. Only ask as I know you where really fast at the Gate and wondering if you are running the new car there and having the same type results laptime wise.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 11:25 AM   #9688
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

EA you running a Losi these days? I knew you couldn't resist

Velocity R/C Magazine - vrcmag.com
Rob Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 11:40 AM   #9689
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd
Keith in the short time you have had your Losi have you been able to run the same type laptimes as you did with your Corally. Only ask as I know you where really fast at the Gate and wondering if you are running the new car there and having the same type results laptime wise.

Kinda tough to say. I recieved the car last monday. I drove it for the first time on friday. The track I am running on is a bit smaller.. But, the guys I hang out with are generally "X"tenths down at "this track" or "that track".. I seem to be up about 3-4 tenths on this small track.. which I assume would translate to 5 or 6 on a larger track and that should be as fast, if not faster than the old ride.... Just a guess... i base this on my one friend who is consistantly 3-4 tenths down... Only real way to know is to bring it to the gate. Unfortunately, i work sundays.

I can say the car feels really good. It does everything I want it to, when I want it to and thats all that matters. Finding tenths in this chassis seems to be easy as when I started last friday i was turning a few 7.9s at the front.. maybe a 7.8.. and my last run we found a 7.603... and finishing on 9's. Should have some 5's tomorrow.

As it is right now.. i think I have more packs through this car, than I did the old one.

Im loving this car at the moment... but also kinda hoping to get that rear motor car soon... perhaps its success last weekend will be good news for everyone waiting

Keith
Old 12-21-2005, 11:58 AM   #9690
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdav
Some new pics to drool over............

More @ http://worldcup.rcworld.ch/live_friday.asp?id=3

WOW those are cool pics.....
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote