R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2005, 09:46 PM   #9346
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Green Bay,WI
Posts: 3,006
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker
Hey guys, new jrxs owner here....

Anyone have recommendations for identifying Losi springs that have had the tags removed? Is there a chart that would outline the different weights by dia of the coils?

Any advice is appreciated...
glad to see you joined the JRXS chat...

another Rocketman on the team
__________________
Geoff C.
R/C Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:52 PM   #9347
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
@ Kinwald:

on your setup sheet it says you have high and low roll center...can u explain that a little bit please...this is a setup i would like to try and what would you recommend changing going from your setup to a stock motor?

Thanks
It just means mid rollcenter,,the blocks are in the low position with washers under them,,the only thing i would try for stock is a diff in the front,,Steve Weiss and I both had cars for stock at one point and we both found that in stock a diff was faster...
DIRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:57 PM   #9348
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Green Bay,WI
Posts: 3,006
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT
It just means mid rollcenter,,the blocks are in the low position with washers under them,,the only thing i would try for stock is a diff in the front,,Steve Weiss and I both had cars for stock at one point and we both found that in stock a diff was faster...
thank you...Hope to see you at the Novak Race...its great watching you wheel that car
__________________
Geoff C.
R/C Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:07 PM   #9349
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thscaleracer
ok guys... i have a legit question for a change.....

how can you increase onpower steering. Powering out of a turn and steering farily tight corners back to back. Will running more caster in the front help this?

Thank you in advance guys...
This may sound stupid but try 1 step softer rear spring and or lowering your rear ride height 1/2 mm...
DIRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:18 PM   #9350
Moderator
 
roadrashracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Green Bay, Wi
Posts: 12,858
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Ihad just my car a few weeks ago. Does anyone have a good rubber setup that they would share? Any thing would help!
roadrashracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:42 PM   #9351
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lost in CA
Posts: 464
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 5thscaleracer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
use a spool will increase it...lessen caster...standing the rear shocks up a touch might help...maybe im wrong...correct me if i am

did the spool deal but i didn't like how it felt... i like the front one way more which is what i am running now. I hated how the spool acted like drag brake it was too extreme for me. didn't try to lessen the caster but standing the rear shocks didnt' work for me either... back end would not kick out any more started to push the higher up it went the more it pushed for me.
5thscaleracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:53 PM   #9352
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lost in CA
Posts: 464
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 5thscaleracer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster
If you're trying to get it at SoCal, use the JR link on the front end, it felt like it had a lot more on-power steering to me. To get the initial turn in back into the car, try .030 of anti-dive.

hmmm can you edumacate me about the jr link?? what is it? you say JR link and i go

i need to come bug you at socal some time... my car works but it's got some little quirks i can't figure out and i am looking for that extra .10 of a second...
5thscaleracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 11:00 PM   #9353
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lost in CA
Posts: 464
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 5thscaleracer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT
This may sound stupid but try 1 step softer rear spring and or lowering your rear ride height 1/2 mm...
running a 10 right now on the rear spring 45wt oil those bars 5mm ride height 7mm up travel limit in the rear. i will try a 4.5mm ride height...

i have not been racing for the past 3 weeks but now i need to get back into things... and these were the last issues i was dealing with on the car.

now... any of you guys have tips for an old timer car... Xpress MK3 hahahahaha.... that sucker has better on power steering than my losi but the car scrubbs speed on every turn.. (J/K about the xpress i got it working to where i like it)
5thscaleracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 11:03 PM   #9354
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lost in CA
Posts: 464
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 5thscaleracer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrashracing
Ihad just my car a few weeks ago. Does anyone have a good rubber setup that they would share? Any thing would help!

start with Neuman's it seems to be a universal setup. thats what i started off with very easy to drive right out of the box and just try different things to tweak it to your hacking styl.... er..... driving style.

but the Neuman's setup was about 90% for me i was able to put down consistent times with it but finding that extra edge to shave some seconds out of the car is going to be your last 10%
5thscaleracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 11:04 PM   #9355
TCR
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: California
Posts: 552
Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker
Hey guys, new jrxs owner here....

Anyone have recommendations for identifying Losi springs that have had the tags removed? Is there a chart that would outline the different weights by dia of the coils?

Any advice is appreciated...
answer:::

JRXS.com
TCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 12:51 AM   #9356
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thscaleracer
start with Neuman's it seems to be a universal setup. thats what i started off with very easy to drive right out of the box and just try different things to tweak it to your hacking styl.... er..... driving style.

but the Neuman's setup was about 90% for me i was able to put down consistent times with it but finding that extra edge to shave some seconds out of the car is going to be your last 10%
Help....are you referring to Todd Hodge's setup from Tamiya...AKA Numan setup...Or my socal setup...that he runs there..Reason..if its the RR setup i can really help because it's probably way to soft..??
You also mentioned you had 45wt in the rear,,,that will make it push..Let me know what happens..L8
Attached Thumbnails
Team Losi JRXS-rctech-copy.jpg  
DIRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:00 AM   #9357
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thscaleracer
hmmm can you edumacate me about the jr link?? what is it? you say JR link and i go

i need to come bug you at socal some time... my car works but it's got some little quirks i can't figure out and i am looking for that extra .10 of a second...
"TRUST"
Attached Thumbnails
Team Losi JRXS-rctech-copy.jpg  
DIRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 02:12 AM   #9358
TCR
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: California
Posts: 552
Default Dirt, so cal set up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT
[/SIZE][/B] "TRUST"
Dirt Question?

Front::
sway bar-what size?

You list roll center as low, and yet use 1 shim.
I understand this to mean, both suspension mounts are upside down as close to the chassis as possible and yet you still shim it?
am I correct

Rear::
Is confusing
are the blocks mounted upside down, with the pro squat and anti squat shims?
upside down like this pic,
this is not shimmed, but your set up sheet shows shims under it correct.

how do you achieve the arm 3/4 back, what type of suspension spacers are you using?

thanks
TCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 02:58 AM   #9359
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCR
Dirt Question?

Front::
sway bar-what size?

You list roll center as low, and yet use 1 shim.
I understand this to mean, both suspension mounts are upside down as close to the chassis as possible and yet you still shim it?
am I correct

Rear::
Is confusing
are the blocks mounted upside down, with the pro squat and anti squat shims?
upside down like this pic,
this is not shimmed, but your set up sheet shows shims under it correct.

how do you achieve the arm 3/4 back, what type of suspension spacers are you using?

thanks
Yes,,just like that,,with 2mm shims under the rear toe block,,and 3mm under the susp,,mounts,,to give it a bit of anti squat,,,and then 2mm shims under all the front mounts,,,so the pin is flat,,,and the swaybar is .040.....Also just find some motor shims or .030 shims for the arms Losi and AE both make em...L8
DIRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 09:31 AM   #9360
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lost in CA
Posts: 464
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 5thscaleracer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT
Help....are you referring to Todd Hodge's setup from Tamiya...AKA Numan setup...Or my socal setup...that he runs there..Reason..if its the RR setup i can really help because it's probably way to soft..??
You also mentioned you had 45wt in the rear,,,that will make it push..Let me know what happens..L8

Good thing i have 2 of these cars i will set up car # 2 with your setup sheet and compare it to my current setup.

i will let you know in the next week or so.

Thanks for all your help!!!!!!
5thscaleracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Losi JRXS Fast XXXS Australia For Sale/Trade 6 11-19-2007 03:34 PM
F-S Team losi JRXS as new mcskoda Australia For Sale/Trade 6 10-31-2006 02:15 AM
FS:Team Losi JRXS BiggAlz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 21 03-25-2006 05:47 PM
Team Losi JRXS FS JRXSBear R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 01-19-2006 03:57 PM
Team Losi JRXS Jon Carlson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 01-18-2006 08:28 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:00 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net