Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-01-2005, 09:46 PM   #9346
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker
Hey guys, new jrxs owner here....

Anyone have recommendations for identifying Losi springs that have had the tags removed? Is there a chart that would outline the different weights by dia of the coils?

Any advice is appreciated...
glad to see you joined the JRXS chat...

another Rocketman on the team
Old 12-01-2005, 09:52 PM   #9347
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
@ Kinwald:

on your setup sheet it says you have high and low roll center...can u explain that a little bit please...this is a setup i would like to try and what would you recommend changing going from your setup to a stock motor?

Thanks
It just means mid rollcenter,,the blocks are in the low position with washers under them,,the only thing i would try for stock is a diff in the front,,Steve Weiss and I both had cars for stock at one point and we both found that in stock a diff was faster...
DIRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:57 PM   #9348
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT
It just means mid rollcenter,,the blocks are in the low position with washers under them,,the only thing i would try for stock is a diff in the front,,Steve Weiss and I both had cars for stock at one point and we both found that in stock a diff was faster...
thank you...Hope to see you at the Novak Race...its great watching you wheel that car
Old 12-01-2005, 10:07 PM   #9349
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thscaleracer
ok guys... i have a legit question for a change.....

how can you increase onpower steering. Powering out of a turn and steering farily tight corners back to back. Will running more caster in the front help this?

Thank you in advance guys...
This may sound stupid but try 1 step softer rear spring and or lowering your rear ride height 1/2 mm...
Old 12-01-2005, 10:18 PM   #9350

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Ihad just my car a few weeks ago. Does anyone have a good rubber setup that they would share? Any thing would help!
roadrashracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:42 PM   #9351
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 5thscaleracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
use a spool will increase it...lessen caster...standing the rear shocks up a touch might help...maybe im wrong...correct me if i am

did the spool deal but i didn't like how it felt... i like the front one way more which is what i am running now. I hated how the spool acted like drag brake it was too extreme for me. didn't try to lessen the caster but standing the rear shocks didnt' work for me either... back end would not kick out any more started to push the higher up it went the more it pushed for me.
5thscaleracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:53 PM   #9352
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster
If you're trying to get it at SoCal, use the JR link on the front end, it felt like it had a lot more on-power steering to me. To get the initial turn in back into the car, try .030 of anti-dive.

hmmm can you edumacate me about the jr link?? what is it? you say JR link and i go

i need to come bug you at socal some time... my car works but it's got some little quirks i can't figure out and i am looking for that extra .10 of a second...
Old 12-01-2005, 11:00 PM   #9353
Tech Regular

Quote:
This may sound stupid but try 1 step softer rear spring and or lowering your rear ride height 1/2 mm...
running a 10 right now on the rear spring 45wt oil those bars 5mm ride height 7mm up travel limit in the rear. i will try a 4.5mm ride height...

i have not been racing for the past 3 weeks but now i need to get back into things... and these were the last issues i was dealing with on the car.

now... any of you guys have tips for an old timer car... Xpress MK3 hahahahaha.... that sucker has better on power steering than my losi but the car scrubbs speed on every turn.. (J/K about the xpress i got it working to where i like it)
Old 12-01-2005, 11:03 PM   #9354
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrashracing
Ihad just my car a few weeks ago. Does anyone have a good rubber setup that they would share? Any thing would help!

start with Neuman's it seems to be a universal setup. thats what i started off with very easy to drive right out of the box and just try different things to tweak it to your hacking styl.... er..... driving style.

but the Neuman's setup was about 90% for me i was able to put down consistent times with it but finding that extra edge to shave some seconds out of the car is going to be your last 10%
Old 12-01-2005, 11:04 PM   #9355
TCR
Tech Addict

Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker
Hey guys, new jrxs owner here....

Anyone have recommendations for identifying Losi springs that have had the tags removed? Is there a chart that would outline the different weights by dia of the coils?

Any advice is appreciated...
answer:::

JRXS.com
TCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 12:51 AM   #9356
Tech Adept

Quote:
start with Neuman's it seems to be a universal setup. thats what i started off with very easy to drive right out of the box and just try different things to tweak it to your hacking styl.... er..... driving style.

but the Neuman's setup was about 90% for me i was able to put down consistent times with it but finding that extra edge to shave some seconds out of the car is going to be your last 10%
Help....are you referring to Todd Hodge's setup from Tamiya...AKA Numan setup...Or my socal setup...that he runs there..Reason..if its the RR setup i can really help because it's probably way to soft..??
You also mentioned you had 45wt in the rear,,,that will make it push..Let me know what happens..L8
Attached Thumbnails
Team Losi JRXS-rctech-copy.jpg  
Old 12-02-2005, 01:00 AM   #9357
Tech Adept

Quote:
hmmm can you edumacate me about the jr link?? what is it? you say JR link and i go

i need to come bug you at socal some time... my car works but it's got some little quirks i can't figure out and i am looking for that extra .10 of a second...
"TRUST"
Attached Thumbnails
Team Losi JRXS-rctech-copy.jpg  
Old 12-02-2005, 02:12 AM   #9358
TCR
Tech Addict

Default Dirt, so cal set up

Quote:
[/SIZE][/B] "TRUST"
Dirt Question?

Front::
sway bar-what size?

You list roll center as low, and yet use 1 shim.
I understand this to mean, both suspension mounts are upside down as close to the chassis as possible and yet you still shim it?
am I correct

Rear::
Is confusing
are the blocks mounted upside down, with the pro squat and anti squat shims?
upside down like this pic,
this is not shimmed, but your set up sheet shows shims under it correct.

how do you achieve the arm 3/4 back, what type of suspension spacers are you using?

thanks
TCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 02:58 AM   #9359
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCR
Dirt Question?

Front::
sway bar-what size?

You list roll center as low, and yet use 1 shim.
I understand this to mean, both suspension mounts are upside down as close to the chassis as possible and yet you still shim it?
am I correct

Rear::
Is confusing
are the blocks mounted upside down, with the pro squat and anti squat shims?
upside down like this pic,
this is not shimmed, but your set up sheet shows shims under it correct.

how do you achieve the arm 3/4 back, what type of suspension spacers are you using?

thanks
Yes,,just like that,,with 2mm shims under the rear toe block,,and 3mm under the susp,,mounts,,to give it a bit of anti squat,,,and then 2mm shims under all the front mounts,,,so the pin is flat,,,and the swaybar is .040.....Also just find some motor shims or .030 shims for the arms Losi and AE both make em...L8
Old 12-02-2005, 09:31 AM   #9360
Tech Regular

Quote:
Help....are you referring to Todd Hodge's setup from Tamiya...AKA Numan setup...Or my socal setup...that he runs there..Reason..if its the RR setup i can really help because it's probably way to soft..??
You also mentioned you had 45wt in the rear,,,that will make it push..Let me know what happens..L8

Good thing i have 2 of these cars i will set up car # 2 with your setup sheet and compare it to my current setup.

i will let you know in the next week or so.

Thanks for all your help!!!!!!